+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/4 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 8/4 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Did anyone else notice that at the end of their first dances every contestant except Adechicke had their "where they came from" package shown? And people wonder why others think conspiracy theory by some of the things they say and do on this show. It was very odd and unfair in my opinion to do that. Adechicke had his shown after his second dance.

I thought that all four of them did an amazing job and it is going to be tough to call a winner this season. My two favorites are Lauren and Kent though.

I do think AdeChike is the weakest dancer left. I agree he could be great eventually, but he could use more training and practice. I'm not sure why it would be "unfair" to show his "where I came from" package later than the others. It seems like a benefit to me to have it shown closer to the voting if anything.

Kat, oh Kat, what have they done to your hair??

I almost thought Adechicke having his clips shown after his second dance was more to his favor than against him. It was the most 'emotional' of the bunch and closest to the voting. If his dancing had been a tad bit less stiff the last few weeks, I really think he would have had a greater following.

The one I'm most impressed with the last few weeks is Robert. I honestly didn't like him much at all in the beginning, but he really has opened and genuinely seems to enjoy the experience. In some regards he reminds me of Alex, they seemed the most excited to learn outside of their comfort zone - and I respected both for that! Also if you look he had the two dances tonight most away from his style (waltz & hip hop.)

Again, I found myself splitting my vote usually it was just Lauren and Kent - the last two weeks I included Robert. I still think Kent has this, but I think Lauren and Robert have earned their spots. To me, they have enjoyed the journey the most.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;4024739;
    Did anyone else notice that at the end of their first dances every contestant except Adechicke had their "where they came from" package shown? And people wonder why others think conspiracy theory by some of the things they say and do on this show. It was very odd and unfair in my opinion to do that. Adechicke had his shown after his second dance.
    What is the disadvantage that you are seeing to AdéChiké in broadcasting his package in the second half of the show?

My guess is that they originally planned to air it after the first dance, but bumped it to the second dance in order to fit the timing of the commercials. It's a live show so they have to be flexible with the video packages to fit everything in.

To me it seemed as if they forgot about him. My daughters and I couldn't figure out why they did that. Others may not agree with me but it felt as if it were a slap to him that his package was done at the last minute. Almost like an ooops sorry here it is now. Maybe I am reading more into it than I should but between that and some of the comments that the judges made towards him I felt it was clear that they wanted him out next.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4024525;
    Kat's stylist needs fired!..
    "...needs fired" Yup - you're from Pittsburgh! I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;4024739;
    Exactly the opposite. People remember best what they saw last.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Kat, who is just gorgeous and funny and gracious looked like a drag queen tonight. Why would the stylists do that to her?

I agree that Adechike is the weakest. His stiffness was really apparent when him and Lauren were standing side by side, moving their arms. Lauren just kind of let loose and it flowed wonderfully. He looked like he had boards for arms. If Ashley and Alex were still in the competition, he would definitely not be here.

Lauren...that girl is fabulous! She's going to succeed at everything she attempts and I wish her the best. I'm a Kent fan but if Lauren pulls it out and wins, I won't be upset.

Kent...I don't like when anyone does disco. Ever. I did notice that when they went into the lifts, it didn't seem as disjointed as it usually does. It was much smoother, so I have to give him props for that. His dance with Neil was fantastic. I loved it!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;4024774;
    To me it seemed as if they forgot about him. My daughters and I couldn't figure out why they did that. Others may not agree with me but it felt as if it were a slap to him that his package was done at the last minute. Almost like an ooops sorry here it is now. Maybe I am reading more into it than I should but between that and some of the comments that the judges made towards him I felt it was clear that they wanted him out next.
    The clips are shown as they fit into a certain time frame around the commercials.. As for the comments by the judges towards AdeC, as Adam Shankman put it some weeks ago, (when everyone was complaining about Mia's remarks) the comments are to help them, make them better and help them win. Those are Adam's exact words so, if you take those words literally, then they are trying to help him win, not get rid of him.
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 08-04-2010 at 11:47 PM.

FORT Fan

I don't think Ade is the weakest remaining at all...for his solo's alone I think he is heads and tales above the remaining. His partnering maybe could use work..but by himself..he is in a class of his own IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast