+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/4 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/4 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Personally, I don't think that the judges give a damn who wins - they get paid the same either way. Fans care; producers and judges don't.

Robert & Dominic - Hip Hop

Angry clowns! Good job by Robert! Is he pulling a Jeanine Mason and making his move in the last two weeks?
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 08-04-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Rolling eyes at both clowns and hip-hop being made pretentious simultaneously.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by lisab0105;4024670;
    These judges just want Ade to go...they didn't want him this far..they sure as heck don't want him in the final 2. I have no doubt that they are pissed he has never been in the bottom 3 at all this season.
    Well maybe. But honestly, I think he was definitely the weaker 50% of that number tonight. How that compares him to the OTHER potential finalists is another issue entirely.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lisab0105;4024670;
    These judges just want Ade to go...they didn't want him this far..they sure as heck don't want him in the final 2. I have no doubt that they are pissed he has never been in the bottom 3 at all this season.
    Where do you get this information? Or is it just speculation?

FORT Fogey

Kent & Neil - Contemporary

Travis does a number where Kent & Neil break up. And it is SPECTACULAR! (And tough - they are working poor Kent into the ground this week.) That surpassed the Desmond Richardson number, for me. Congrats to Travis.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;4024681;
    If they hated Adechike so much, why did they even bother putting him into the Top 11? They could've avoided a whole mess of controversy if they'd just left him out, and went with a Top 10
    Excellent point. I don't buy all these conspiracy theories. Sure the judges have their favorites. They wouldn't be human if they didn't, but conspiring or minipulating people to get their favorite to win? Why not just have a show where the judges choose the winners instead of having people vote?

Maybe because they wanted the viewers to choose the winner?. Hmmmm.
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 08-04-2010 at 11:03 PM.

FORT Fogey

OK, folks - if you are ever going to make a phone call tonight is the night to do it. Obviously Robert and AdéChiké are at risk. But Lauren was in the bottom last week, and even a favorite like Kent could go if people assume that he is safe.

888 623-7801 Lauren
    888 623-7802 AdéChiké
    888 623-7803 Robert
    888 623-7804 Kent
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 08-04-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Travis created a magnificent piece of work.... WOW..That number was spec-tac-ular!

I think Adechecke is the weakest of the remaing 3, Somehow I thought after all the weeks of them telling him to OPEN up..let loose! he would listen on this the night for the finale...but he didn't he stops, and gets himself in check , almost as though he is always being the "skilled" dancer...but unfortuantely it translates into a lack of or weakness...

I enjoyed the "clown routine" and the "open" invitation for Dominic to join the tour! (way to go Dominic) or should I say..Nappy Tabs!

I hope the top 3 will be Robert (who held his own tonight and made a run for the winner's circle) Lauren (who as Mia says is "a strong woman " and I agree) and Kent who has been a front runner with his personality and dance.... and that last dance was fa-nominal!

Thanks for the numbers TOPCAT, off to vote!
    Last edited by fan*addict; 08-04-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4024713;
    Excellent point. I don't buy all these conspiracy theories. Sure the judges have their favorites. They wouldn't be human if they didn't, but conspiring or minipulating people to get their favorite to win? Why not just have a show where the judges choose the winners instead of having people vote?

Maybe because they wanted the viewers to choose the winner?. Hmmmm.
    Oh, there's SOME basis to feel they at least try to manipulate things. They way they praise Kent so much out of proportion, like he's the second coming instead of just a good promising rookie, is a good example. They definitely want him to win, because "small town boy" is such a prime piece of marketing gold. And in the past I think I saw some definite digs at Adichike, which if not unwarranted were at least odd compared to other dancers who deserved just as much criticism tossed their way and didn't get it (are you out there Jose? ). But that said, they're also not wholly making up the fact that he's... lacking. He's the weakest of the remaining dancers, so if they want him to go now... they may finally have a point.

Hopefully, Adechike goes home tomorrow night.

Lauren FTW!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast