+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 7/29 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/29 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4013817;
    I'm glad someone agrees with me; I really wish it had been Adechike and Jose going. I sure hope Adechike goes next week; he is a hugely athletic dancer, but does nothing for me.
    That is the thing, Adechike is almost *too* athletic/muscular. He almost comes off as more of a gymnast than dancer to me. His movements are more jumpy and sudden and he seems to lack the fluidity of the other dancers. I agree with what they have said about his shoulders, etc. He seems kind of tight because he is so muscular. That said, he is definitely talented (and easy on the eyes). Billy, on the other hand is *so* fluid that he almost comes off as though his bones have turned to jelly sometimes. It lends to that androgynous style of dancing that Nigel referred to. Somewhere between the two is the right style (in my humble, untrained opinion).

I never thought I would grow to love Kent, but he is my favorite of the boys. It is a joy to watch him dance. It has to be him and Lauren in the final two.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;4015365;
    That is the thing, Adechike is almost *too* athletic/muscular. He almost comes off as more of a gymnast than dancer to me. His movements are more jumpy and sudden and he seems to lack the fluidity of the other dancers. I agree with what they have said about his shoulders, etc. He seems kind of tight because he is so muscular. That said, he is definitely talented (and easy on the eyes). Billy, on the other hand is *so* fluid that he almost comes off as though his bones have turned to jelly sometimes. It lends to that androgynous style of dancing that Nigel referred to. Somewhere between the two is the right style (in my humble, untrained opinion).

I never thought I would grow to love Kent, but he is my favorite of the boys. It is a joy to watch him dance. It has to be him and Lauren in the final two.
    I agree about Kent, and couldn't be prouder of a fellow Ohioan! It's been a pretty good year for Ohioans on reality TV.

There won't really be a final two though. At least not where we'd vote between 2 finalists. This week will be the final 4, with 1 leaving as usual (and based on what Nigel said, it will be determined by phone votes alone). The following week is the finale, decided among the final 3. In the past, the finale had 4 finalists. At least it was that way last season. Don't remember about other seasons.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 08-01-2010 at 10:08 AM.

So we get to vote and have it count without the judges involvement for only two weeks while they (judges) had the say for how many? Just one of the changes of the show that stinks. I really hope that Nigel and the others have paid close attention to viewer comments and realized that they have messed up a show that was not broken.

In a way I was glad that Lauren was in the bottom three. I didn't think she deserved to be there but it may have forced the judges to finally get rid of Jose and Billy. For that I am thankful. Now comes the really tough part as I wouldn't mind any of the remaining four winning.

Who is John Galt?

The right two went home IMO. Jose is adorable, but not as well trained as the others. Billy is way too effete in his movements for my taste. This was especially noticeable when he danced Bollywood with Robert. Robert danced like a man, Billy - not so much. The remaining four are the right four. Adecheke is the weakest and Lauren is the strongest, with Kent second and Robert third. That is how I would place them in the finale. Lauren has been consistently terrific, but Kent is very close behind her, and both have personality and presence (plus I think they kind of "like" each other too).

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;4018494;
    Billy is way too effete in his movements for my taste. This was especially noticeable when he danced Bollywood with Robert. Robert danced like a man, Billy - not so much.
    Billy danced with precision and blew Robert out of the water in that number, the way he did when dancing next to any of his competitors. Does "dance like a man" mean having noticeably less precision in your movements? The only other person this season as good as Billy is Lauren. We still cannot figure out what America sees in Robert, or Adachike for that matter, over either Billy or Lauren.

That "effete" comment reminds me of Nigel's sideways comment about Billy's "slightly androgynous style," but I do not like to see the show pandering to prejudices like that. Billy's dancing is stunningly beautiful, but that does not make it any less masculine, just technically way better as well as more expressive. Why America would have a problem with male beauty anyway is something I will never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;4018075;
    I wouldn't mind any of the remaining four winning.
    Kent is cute, but the only one I totally wouldn't mind at this point is Lauren.
    Last edited by Harvest; 08-02-2010 at 02:47 AM.

I beg to differ....

Billy is a soloist pure and simple. When he is alone, he is stunning. But put him with others, and the lack of connection and the emotion/story is more apparent with him than most of the others. When I watch Billy, I thoroughly appreciate his technique which is superb, however, he does NOT touch me on an emotional level. Other dancers with perhaps less technique but more soul, elevate their performances into something magical (Mark, Allison, Travis, Jacob, Katee, Alex, etc)
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Agreeing 100% with Gala62.

I actually thought Robert was much stronger in the Bollywood number, too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;4020187;
    Agreeing 100% with Gala62.

I actually thought Robert was much stronger in the Bollywood number, too.
    I agree with both of you on this issue. Robert's moves in the Bollywood number looked crisp and forceful, more "finished" in my very humble and untrained opinion.

And as I've posted before, Billy has never touched my soul.

Looking forward to tonight's performances, glad the voters finally have a say!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789