+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/29 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/29 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by toads2u;4013389;
    Is lauren injured?
    From what I've read and heard, rumor was she was dehydrated and had a concussion.

If both of these are right, then it does explain why she didn't dance in the opening - she had to probably spend the night in observation and therefore couldn't learn the dance.

As far as the results, I'm not surprised EXCEPT that Lauren was in the bottom three. That said - I think a lot of people thought she was going to be safe no matter what they decided to vote to guarantee Robert safety. I do feel that if he was in the bottom three with Jose and Billy, he'd been gone because the judges weren't as fond of him as they were Billy.

Billy's fate was decided - even with two very good dances - I think more because Nigel called him out on being able to dance last week but choosing to sit out. While I can see him making the choice for his health - when you see him dancing like he was last night, you can see why many (including myself) probably questioned just how "serious" his injury was. I personally feel that he harmed himself more for that reason - people would've seen him a hero as they did the one dancer not selected in the top 11 who pulled his hamstring yet still danced.

Jose - well, he'd been out a few weeks ago had neither Ashlee nor Alex had been injured, so sixth place is honestly respectable for him. Both were better dances.

That said - both of them are great dancers and this will allow them to fine tune their skills for the tour.

Lauren's spot was indeed a shock, but I knew when she was there the other two were out unless her concussion caused her to pass out in the dance. If that happened, she'd probably been declared unable to compete - as if it's severe enough a concussion, it takes weeks to get over.

Robert... In all honesty, I was very surprised that he didn't pass out when he found out he was in the top four. I really truly felt he expected it when he was teamed up with Lauren in the announcement. That has to be the first 100 percent genuine reaction I've seen him give this season. While his dances weren't all strong last night, I do feel that his Bollywood was good enough that he deserved to be in the top four.

Kent probably would've been a shocker if he were in the bottom three (I hope they do have smelling salts available at the studio in case that does happen).

AdeC had a huge risk this week because he was a little too restrained in his dance, but seeing the Jazz, I can see why he was safe. It was overall a good performance as was his solo.

This final four, I will be happy with whoever wins. I'd like to have seen Alex there over Robert (and have felt he'd probably been there had he not been injured), but this would've been my second choice for a final four.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;4013666;
    While I'm not a huge fan of Billy's, I can't deny that he is a great dance. I think he should have been in the top 4 in Adechike's place. Robert deserves his spot in the top 4 - loved his performances last night. And even though it was clear to everyone that Jose would be going, it was sad to see him go. I'll miss his sweet face.
    I'm glad someone agrees with me; I really wish it had been Adechike and Jose going. I sure hope Adechike goes next week; he is a hugely athletic dancer, but does nothing for me.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fan

Nigel tweeted:

"The vote was 68% up this week. The difference between first place and second place was 1.17% there's no guaranteed winner. The game's afoot"

Imagine 1.17%. Amazing. Just goes to show how important it is to vote next week.
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 07-30-2010 at 01:43 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4013695;
    So happy with this final three. This is my "dream team" even tho' I was not crazy about Kent in the beginning. Amazing how a contenstant can win you over little by little. He was so cute in the Broadway number with Jose. Nigel is right. He belongs on Broadway, funny jazz face and all.
    Um.. should have said final four but I guess I have Lauren, Kent and AdeC on my mind. Sorry Robert
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 07-30-2010 at 01:45 AM.

One thing that bugs me still is....Jose pulled a muscle and couldn't dance in the opening numbers on elimination night but he could dance in his performance show dances? That absolutely makes zero sense to me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm satisfied with the judges' decision of sending Billy and Jose home. It was a no brainer for me. Yes, had Robert been in the bottom 3, they might've saved their favorite Billy, who by the way, reminds me of a younger Sean Hayes.

Robert has grown on me, and I enjoy his performances, showing more emotion, especially his contemporary piece with Kathryn. He was the better dancer side by side next to Billy. I hope he's in the top 3, and Adechike goes home next week. Lauren has been a favorite of mine since Vegas week, and I'm sure she'll be in the finale. Kent is a great dancer and has an adorable personality.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4014025;
    One thing that bugs me still is....Jose pulled a muscle and couldn't dance in the opening numbers on elimination night but he could dance in his performance show dances? That absolutely makes zero sense to me.
    He has to dance the competition numbers to get votes. Since the group numbers aren't judged and there is no voting involved, he can pass and not affect the results of the show. This has happened every season - someone pulls a muscle or sprains a toe and drops out of the optional numbers to give themselves some mornings or afternoons off to help heal.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4014195;
    He has to dance the competition numbers to get votes. Since the group numbers aren't judged and there is no voting involved, he can pass and not affect the results of the show. This has happened every season - someone pulls a muscle or sprains a toe and drops out of the optional numbers to give themselves some mornings or afternoons off to help heal.
    It also helps the choreogrpaher being "showcased" to have someone with less than stellar abilities NOT be in the routine:grin

I agree with the above that posters that voting voting voting is important in the next weeks to keep YOUR favorite dancer alive!

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;4014157;
    Robert ...was the better dancer side by side next to Billy.
    That's what makes horse races. We thought it was glaringly obvious that Billy was far and away the better dancer.

BTW, I just wrote a longer post and do not see it!

+ Reply to Thread