+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 7/28 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/28 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;4012225;
    I've been thinking about Robert a bit lately. I think his "problem" is that he doesn't feel current. He's a taller man whose body type and looks remind one more of Broadway or classic movie dancers than contemporary: you could see him do an Astaire number or something quite easily, and when he's partnered in the ballroom dances, he LOOKS the part whether or not he can dance it. The costumes flatter his body style. He also dresses very traditionally for his solos: always the dress shorts (which I'm used to seeing my father wear, not younger men) and a conservative shirt rather than varying it up much.

When you see him contemporary you can also tell he's taller than the other men: you are aware of the length of his limbs in a way that you're not with the shorter ones, and while not "wrong" per se, it's distracting from the dance if the choreographer isn't careful.

So I think people haven't connected with him because he feels less current than the other guys...
    I agree with this 100%. His personality is not catching anyone either. Nothing wrong with it, just quirky and not compelling in this competition.

I want to toss in here that FINALLY, they got a new make up artist for Mia. Her eyes looked great last night. Previously their shape was exaggerated to their flaw, small and squinty.

I will be shocked if it is not a Lauren/Kent finale. Either one would be fine with me though I have a big soft spot for Lauren. How precious is it that she rides and imaginary horse and has named her bunny slippers!? Love that girl.

I think they should eliminate ballroom when it gets down to the end. That style of dance does not show off their skills and is not current, despite Dancing with the Stars.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4012381;
    I think they should eliminate ballroom when it gets down to the end. That style of dance does not show off their skills and is not current, despite Dancing with the Stars.
    I agree. Leave ballroom to DWTS. It's very old fashioned and I've never seen anyone dance that way aside from exhibitions and/or contests.

FORT Fan

Is there a section here to do a poll to see who everyone thinks should go home or shall I just assume it'll be Jose and Billy?

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4012612;
    Is there a section here to do a poll to see who everyone thinks should go home or shall I just assume it'll be Jose and Billy?
    I personally do not think the bottom three will be different than last week - though I do feel the judges were trying to do that with their comments (i.e. influence them to change). I just do not see Billy getting enough fan votes to stay.

Out of those three, I hope it'd be Jose and Billy, but I have a feeling Robert would go before Billy. This will depend on the dance for their life. Billy has been in the bottom three three times now (twice not including last week, but one reason I also question last week's decision - it'd only been fair to have Billy leave as it was his third time there, like Melinda), compared to Robert's I think second time (once not counting last week).

The question is - Lauren. Apparently rumor has it she has a concussion and dehydration. While the latter won't affect her dancing, the concussion could. It depends on the severity here as well as if it affects her balance and the like.

I personally don't think unless she cannot stand up or the injury is causing her to faint a lot that she should leave on medical. So I would say that it's Jose for sure, and unless Ade's in the bottom three, possibly Billy over Robert, but the judges - if they get to say, this could change.

I just watched the episode on my DVR, and it was Billy's time to shine. He's my 2nd favorite now, after Lauren. Too bad it's a bit too late, as he's likely to go home tonight.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4012631;
    ...Billy has been in the bottom three three times now (twice not including last week, but one reason I also question last week's decision - it'd only been fair to have Billy leave as it was his third time there, like Melinda), compared to Robert's I think second time (once not counting last week)...
    FYI - Billy has been in the bottom four times counting last week. (Every show in July.)

Also, you have mentioned several times that Billy should go because Melinda was eliminated on her third trip to the bottom. However "3" is not a magic number that dictates elimination. Alexie went home on her first time in the bottom; Christina left on her second. The judges called Melinda out on her poor lines, disconnection from the music, and lack of growth. Where is your "three strikes and your out" theory coming from?

If the fanbase remains the same then Jose, Billy, and Robert will be the botom 3 and Jose & Robert will go (The judges will not send their beloved Billy home). However, Billy danced brillantly last night (how could he NOT..both dances were tailored to him~coincidence?)...so therefore I think Jose, Adecheke, and Robert will be bottom 3 (Billy saved himself last night-unfortunately)...I think Jose and Adechecke will go home; as Nigel said Robert has grown and since the judges still control who goes and who stays...Robert will stay. NOW...IF ...Lauren is actually injured...then she could possibly go along with Jose.

As for doing a poll..I asked one of the other posters (who runs a poll for AI each season) to run a poll here, however due to many other obligations, he could not..so we are on our own!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4012381;
    . Either one would be fine with me though I have a big soft spot for Lauren. How precious is it that she rides and imaginary horse and has named her bunny slippers!?
    I missed this but...sorry, an imaginary horse? It might be cute if she were 4 years old; at her age it's just plain weird, although I suspect she does it to get attention in the way some grown women baby talk to try to make men think they are cute. I like Lauren's dancing, but - bleeech.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

To the Point

Actually I think, from what was shown, she just likes to goof off and was filmed pretending to ride a horse. I don't think it is nearly as weird as it might sound. She's 18. There were lots of things that I might have done and said at 18 that were just part of being a teenage girl and not taking myself too seriously. Now, if I chose to do those same things now, there would be nothing cute about them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789