+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/28 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4011232;
    ...And - yes, this is a snipe again - Ade was waylayed by Mia for having a different take on Bollywood, yet here they do it again in Billy and Robert's dance... and they're praised. I won't back down on my statement that the judges are doing what they can to get rid of AdeChike.... I don't mind hard and direct comments - however, She has shown an underlying hatred for some of the contestants. I still notice the condensation with AdeC as a person in her comments...
    Here is a summary of all of Mia's comments to AdéChiké:
    • 6/16 Jazz - Mia loved Travis’s office routine, but since there was so much built around sexual chemistry – the absence of said chemistry in Adéchiké was noticeable: “Stiffness, strength, and empty technique”.
    • 6/23 Contemp - Mia urges AdéChiké to tap into the joy, because he smiles then it goes away, so it comes across as dishonest. But when his movement is small and coming from inside himself, it’s gorgeous.
    • 6/30 HipHop - Mia praises AdéChiké for taking their previous notes. “I’m so happy to see that there is some sunshine in there”.
    • 7/7 Jazz - She feels that AdéChiké relied too much on personality, and his technique was mediocre. The performance was filled with “donut holes” for her.
    • 7/7 Bolly - Mia says that AdéChiké lacked focus and his flaily movement suggested more of an African style
    • 7/14 Salsa - Mia liked the tricks and the leg hinges, but felt that there were “bumps” and with some more rehearsal it might have been really good.
    • 7/14 Contemp. - She was praying that AdéChiké would have a strong night, and he is. She compliments him both for his power and vulnerability.
    • 7/21 HipHop - She loved the routine with Comfort, and said it was unbelievable and felt more real than any Contemporary routine. He let so much of himself out and showed who he really is.
    • 7/21 Paso - A good attempt, but didn't have the poise and technique to take it over the top

Mia has it out for AdéChiké? If so, she is waging a very inconsistent campaign. No wonder he's still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;4011304;
    ... Billy? Has even done ballroom?
    Two weeks ago Billy did the only Louis van Amstel number so far this season - a Jive. Overall he got good reviews, but Nigel thought he was too pulled up, while Mia liked the upright effect.

Great show tonight! I hope Lauren is okay. I could see that something was wrong with her - she looked like she wanted to throw up during the critique after the foxtrot.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Is it me or does Cat look like roadkill in that dress? (tire tracks all over?)

FORT Fogey

My opinion only, but I think Allison totally outdanced Lauren in the Broadway number. And I really like Lauren...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos;4011329;
    are not all these 888 numbers?
    Quite right! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go back and edit the original post.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;4011376;
    Is it me or does Cat look like roadkill in that dress? (tire tracks all over?)
    Yeah, the dress may have a roadkill vibe but since it's a hundred times better than that wrap thing she wore last week, I'm giving her a pass.

I'm glad Billy danced tonight. Do I think he should go home? Yes, but at least he had probably his best performance tonight and can go out with that. I loved him last year, but I think he’s run his course

My only thought about his dancing tonight? He honestly didn't have to 'partner.' Yes, he was with someone else and there was connection, but both dances being male-male he didn't have the lifts and holds (okay some on the homeless man) but not the typical ones. It would have been interesting to see him get a ballroom number as that to me would have shown his growth in 'partnering' more than anything else.

Also, mentioned in the other thread, but beside the routines I think they need to look at the stage flooring for injuries. As we know Alex injured himself in dress rehearsal. There is a chance Lauren did something while on the floor, there could be a problem. Some surfaces work better for dancing (and also factor in heals and/or barefoot) it’s something small, but sometimes in can make a difference.

I'm glad Billy danced tonight. Do I think he should go home? Yes, but at least he had probably his best performance tonight and can go out with that. I loved him last year, but I think he’s run his course

My only thought about his dancing tonight? He honestly didn't have to 'partner.' Yes, he was with someone else and there was connection, but both dances being male-male he didn't have the lifts and holds (okay some on the homeless man) but not the typical ones. It would have been interesting to see him get a ballroom number as that to me would have shown his growth in 'partnering' more than anything else.

Also, mentioned in the other thread, but beside the routines I think they need to look at the stage flooring for injuries. As we know Alex injured himself in dress rehearsal. There is a chance Lauren did something while on the floor, there could be a problem. Some surfaces work better for dancing (and also factor in heals and/or barefoot) it’s something small, but sometimes in can make a difference.

*Edit: Sorry about the double post. I keep getting this message "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later." I didn't even know it went up once, let alone twice!
    Last edited by One Fish; 07-29-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;4011380;
    My opinion only, but I think Allison totally outdanced Lauren in the Broadway number. And I really like Lauren...
    SSSH! I was thinking the same thing. Allison did outdance her.

FORT Fogey

Again...just my opinion...but put Kent and Jose together and the dance itself points out the difference between trained and untrained. I could really see the difference in the 2 executions.

+ Reply to Thread