+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/28 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4011241;
    Yes, but did we see it, and one can also playact in that realm.

All this said... it's worrisome that Lauren had to see the medics. This could mean that she ends up eliminated because of medical. Hopefully this doesn't happen.
    Fingers crossed for Lauren!
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4011241;
    All this said... it's worrisome that Lauren had to see the medics. This could mean that she ends up eliminated because of medical. Hopefully this doesn't happen.
    I hope she's ok. It would be terrible if she's eliminated due to injury, she's a shoo in for top two.

Billy had the knee brace on in the beginning when they introduce the kids. He also had it on during the dance with the all star. And you could see an the judges commented on him holding up his leg/knee after his last dance. I like all of them except Jose, he is so over mathed it is not funny. The rest are all great dancers, but for me Billy is heads above all of them in style.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;4011029;
    I hated the choreography of the Broadway number. I liked the Wonder Woman Girl Power advertising but was sooo disappointed with actual routine. I hated that the first all-girl partnership was for Broadway. But, Broadway can be better than that. Ugh!
    When Canada put the two girls together, they did mambo. Which would be interesting to watch Lauren paired with Anya

Billy is great in his genre. This homeless piece was the best performance from him. Great choreography and great organic interpretation. But, he is not as versatile as others. I can't think of any standout performances that Billy has done that was outside of contemporary, broadway, jazz or others similar to his style. Heck, Robert is more versatile even though Billy is a better dancer. Robert in ballroom is believable. Billy? Has even done ballroom?

I enjoy watching Jose' more than Billy. That says volumes. Underdog vs trained....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4011235;
    I don't think anyone has said he isn't a great dancer, he is a very talented dancer in his genre. But dancing is about more than just the moves. It is abour connection, heart, soul, depth, feelings. I don't think that Billy exhibits any of these characteristics realisticaly. At the very least not in THIS particular format, maybe in his own element on a stage just for Billy..he is magnificent...but on a stage for dancing with someone else to someone else's choreography, he needs to learn a few things...that is my not so humble opinion...
    You said all this so much better than what I was trying to put together in my mind. I don't feel any hate for Billy...but I don't feel any warmth toward him either. While I can see he has much talent, he doesn't reach my heart. I just feel detached after watching him.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4011209;
    Lines are open. Even if you don't usually vote - this is the night to pick up the phone because two are going home.

866 623-7801 Jose
    866 623-7802 Lauren
    866 623-7803 Billy
    866 623-7804 Kent
    866 623-7805 Robert
    866 623-7806 AdéChiké

J.
    are not all these 888 numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by redheadmiss;4011286;
    Billy had the knee brace on in the beginning when they introduce the kids. He also had it on during the dance with the all star. And you could see an the judges commented on him holding up his leg/knee after his last dance. I like all of them except Jose, he is so over mathed it is not funny. The rest are all great dancers, but for me Billy is heads above all of them in style.
    Thank you for the clarification here Redheadmiss.

That said... I still question his choice last week given that he chose not to dance and could've had a brace on like he did this week. The stomp he'd done last week would've been just as intense, not to mention he DID dance almost every day this week rehearsing.

There's just something so off about this that it's not funny. I know that sounds paranoid, but I've also rarely been wrong on my assessment of things in this regard. And yes - that's not fair to all the dancers if I do find out I'm right here, including Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;4011322;
    You said all this so much better than what I was trying to put together in my mind. I don't feel any hate for Billy...but I don't feel any warmth toward him either. While I can see he has much talent, he doesn't reach my heart. I just feel detached after watching him.
    I think this is the best way to sum it up. By NO MEANS to I hate Billy as a person - far from it. I just simply do not like his dancing and WOULD hate for others who were safe last week to be in danger of being eliminated because of them letting him have this second chance:

1. Never mind that he had been in the bottom three I think three times by then, which in the case of Melinda was eliminated that time and

2. He danced IMHO way too well for being injured too bad to sit out last week - regardless of his reasonings to sit out last week.

FORT Fogey

I am watching late (stupid Pilates!) and just saw the opening leap AdeC did in his jazz number. Now that reached me...great height!

FORT Regular

ClosetNerd posted in a closed thread: I just want to pop in and say quick I told my husband about the chatter about Jose being out of the last 2 weeks opening number, and he says that while Jose was in fact missing from the last number, he did see Jose in it 2 weeks ago. He told me that Jose looked so different that it was hard to recognize him.

I agree--two weeks ago he was definitely in the routine. However, all that he did was push the couch thing across the stage. I still have 7/22 on my TIVO and I watched it carefully. My hubby watched it with me, and agrees that was the only time Jose showed up. He did not participate in the dance moves.

+ Reply to Thread