+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/28 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Ok see.. My irritation is flaring even more! I love the foxtrot. Choreographers....stop trying to sexify, modernize, hipify, revolutionize everything. The first foxtrot should at least be a foxtrot. After that, then jazz it up a bit. Heck, how can you teach the novice the true style by mixing it with Jazz?

Arrrg!

FORT Fogey

Billy & Robert - Bollywood

Nakul synthesizes several Bollywood styles in one number about rivals for a movie role. Wow - killer routine to do at the end of the night. They were both great. (But Billy would never be cast as the lead in a Bollywood movie.)
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-28-2010 at 10:55 PM.

From my VERY UNTRAINED eye, I think Robert did better than Billy at Bollywood.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

Why all the Billy hate?
    He is a great and marvelous dancer. Some of his moves are just plain amazing. As far as him not dancing, I think he did what he knew was best for his knee--too many injuries this year.

Jose should go. He is not the dancer any of the others are. His smile and good nature has gotten him way too far. Groin muscle pull or not.

Robert is a good dancer but his body type and personality is off or something. I like him over Jose, way so.

AdeC--has no depth. He needs to mature and learn to feel and let his inner feelings go. If he does not like the style he vacates the dance mentally. He has so much potential to be great.

Okay if Mia is harsh we rant so she is told to slack off and we.....rant?????
    I like the hardballer Mia and think Nigel made a mistake toning her down.

Kent and Lauren will be the top two. Love them both.

JMHO----Abbie

FORT Fogey

Lines are open. Even if you don't usually vote - this is the night to pick up the phone because two are going home.

866 623-7801 Jose
    866 623-7802 Lauren
    866 623-7803 Billy
    866 623-7804 Kent
    866 623-7805 Robert
    866 623-7806 AdéChiké

Jose, Billy and Robert are the obvious candidates for going home. But keep in mind that if people only vote for the one of that group that they want to save, then Lauren, Kent, or AdéChiké could fall into the bottom simply because they are perceived as "safe".
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-28-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4011182;
    Billy & Robert - Bollywood

Nakul synthesizes several Bollywood styles in one number about rivals for a movie role. Wow - killer routine to do at the end of the night. They were both great. (But Billy would never be cast as the lead in a Bollywood movie.)
    Robert finished the moves and was sharper which is what I thought Bollywood was all about?..I still think Billy & Jose should go tomorrow..although it may very well be Jose & AdeCh' going home. guess we shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by Jadewarlock;
    I'm really starting to think that if Ade's in the bottom three, he'll be out. While I understand the comments - (I agree he's stiff - but with the judging he's gotten this season, how CAN he relax?) the judges are critiquing his face more than anything else - it's like they HAVE to find something to nitpick him. And Mia? - honestly, I think she despises AdeChike for some reason.

Now, I don't mind if it is Lauren and Kent in the finals, but if Jose for sure and IMHO Billy aren't eliminated, then I will feel that it's a conspiracy. Billy honestly should've been DQ'd IMHO because he was cleared for dancing and if he makes it further, I feel that it will be unfair to all of those who danced last week when he gave himself a week off.

This whole show tonight is irking me for that reason.
    Last week Nigel was rather "critical" of Billy and in the past week I think he caught flack (on boards and so forth) for that...also Billy seemed to chime in and defend his decision as well....This evening seemed to be a Billy lovefest..I too smell conspiracy...or at the least a bit of tampering..

I wonder how is knee will effect him after dancing that last routine? hmmm

Billy is by far one of the best dancers this show has ever had. And Billy had a knee brace on an actually was favoring his knee after the last dance.

Quote Originally Posted by abbiebrock;4011193;
    Why all the Billy hate?
    He is a great and marvelous dancer. Some of his moves are just plain amazing. As far as him not dancing, I think he did what he knew was best for his knee--too many injuries this year.
    Both of these are my opinion - from observation and basing said observation on my own experiences.

1. I honestly don't enjoy watching him dance and would prefer any of the other five (though I do think Jose will be out this week) over him in the contest.

2. He has been in the bottom three I think three times, and that sent Melinda home. I'd hate to see say AdeChike - who has never been in the bottom three - to out before him.

3. I seriously question his honesty now about his needing to sit out last week after seeing this final dance.

This Bollywood dance while very good, makes me VERY skeptical as to if he really was injured or not where he couldn't dance. He says he had a brace, but he could've had one last week and again - note he was cleared to dance but chose not to.

The Bollywood had DEEP dips in there, jumping and other moves that if he injured his knee bad enough last week where he - in his own opinion or not - decided not to dance, he couldn't have as easily healed that quickly to get some of those steps without risking hurting himself.

(BTW - I do dance and it took more than a week before I felt comfortable enough to do a simple jump or squat let alone what he did.)

So, call me spiteful, but I really truly now do not like him as far as this contest. I will not say that he can't be an excellent dancer, he has talents I envy...

HOWEVER, this Bollywood dance now makes me question things that went on last week. I don't think he was honest with us as an audience or the judges last week now.

To me, he should've been disqualified last week for not dancing, and seeing him dance like he did this week makes me wonder a lot of things.

Jose should go. He is not the dancer any of the others are. His smile and good nature has gotten him way too far. Groin muscle pull or not.
    I do agree here, and respect the fact he did mention why he was out last week with the group dance. That said, I did notice Nigel said one week, but from what I've seen - it's been two.

Robert is a good dancer but his body type and personality is off or something. I like him over Jose, way so.
    I think Robert will be in the final four, but there is a risk based on the dances I saw tonight he could go home with Jose if AdeChike is safe in the top three. They seem gung-ho on keeping Billy on there when he's been in the bottom three at least three times now.

AdeC--has no depth. He needs to mature and learn to feel and let his inner feelings go. If he does not like the style he vacates the dance mentally. He has so much potential to be great.
    I think a lot of it is that AdeC is a bit confused on some - I notice this with a lot of the dancers, even the golden duo of Kent and Lauren.

He does need to mature a bit more as a dancer, I do agree, but he's had dances I've truly enjoyed over several other dancers.

And - yes, this is a snipe again - Ade was waylayed by Mia for having a different take on Bollywood, yet here they do it again in Billy and Robert's dance... and they're praised. I won't back down on my statement that the judges are doing what they can to get rid of AdeChike.

Okay if Mia is harsh we rant so she is told to slack off and we.....rant?????
    I like the hardballer Mia and think Nigel made a mistake toning her down.
    I don't mind hard and direct comments - however, She has shown an underlying hatred for some of the contestants. I still notice the condensation with AdeC as a person in her comments. In my life - I've had many people like her in that way and I see the same pattern.

Kent and Lauren will be the top two. Love them both.

JMHO----Abbie
    This is what I think will happen, with Robert and AdeC (or Billy and AdeC) rounding out the final four.

I would be seriously disappointed if these judges - if it's not our scores that decide - knock out AdeC from the final four and he never be in the bottom three this season. I'd say this for anyone this season not yet in that realm (though I think Lauren is the only exception).

I don't think anyone has said he isn't a great dancer, he is a very talented dancer in his genre. But dancing is about more than just the moves. It is abour connection, heart, soul, depth, feelings. I don't think that Billy exhibits any of these characteristics realisticaly. At the very least not in THIS particular format, maybe in his own element on a stage just for Billy..he is magnificent...but on a stage for dancing with someone else to someone else's choreography, he needs to learn a few things...that is my not so humble opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by redheadmiss;4011231;
    Billy is by far one of the best dancers this show has ever had. And Billy had a knee brace on an actually was favoring his knee after the last dance.
    Yes, but did we see it, and one can also playact in that realm.

All this said... it's worrisome that Lauren had to see the medics. This could mean that she ends up eliminated because of medical. Hopefully this doesn't happen.

+ Reply to Thread