+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/22 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/22 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4000575;
    I didn't notice him doing anything that would have been good enough in a "dance for your life" by a long shot.

It appears to me that those of us who like Billy think the situation is Ok, while those that don't think he should have been forced to dance or go home for sure..

It also seems odd to me that those who like Billy are pretty much the same as the ones who do not like Adechike; Adechike fans don't like Billy. not that it matters, just that I find it funny in a way.
    No, I've never liked Billy, and admittedly wasn't a fan of AdeChike until I saw him dance. My favorites were Alexie, Lauren and especially Alex. Kent doesn't bother me - he is entertaining even if he does have the "golly gee" attitude too much.

I think what bugs me more is the fact that he didn't dance at all - there are several dances that are not stressful on the knee that he could've done for at least one of his dances. Stomp would've been hard, but not as hard as one may think. If he had at least attempted to do a simpler dance, I'd had more respect. This goes true when the doctors cleared him - and note - Nigel DIDN'T say that it was with restrictions (i.e. no jumping).

As I said, I think my issue is is that there was at least one person we all know and majorly loved during the casting who injured his hamstring and still danced wonderfully. And yet - he was dropped over at least one spot, and then you KNOW they added the sixth spot to allow Billy to compete as well as Alex.

But, the difference here is that Alex proved he deserved to be there and I've YET to find a dance that makes me feel that Billy deserves to be here over a couple of people who were dropped and danced injured.

I tend to root for the underdog. When a dancer is fawned over and favored by the judges consistently it juts puts me off.

What I really want to know is why Jose hasn't danced in the group opening for 2 weeks now. Are they assuming we won't notice with all the all stars in there or what?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBoyDario;4000576;
    I have been an avid fan for years. I was highly disappointed with the results of last night. Yet I have been more disappointed with Billy not doing the stepping routine. It's unfair to judge Kent with Twitch since Twitch brought out the best in Kent. That number would have looked completely different if Billy was up there with Kent. He should not have been allowed to sit out after the doctor's cleared him. This is a competition. You either compete or go home. As to Mia Michaels, she is always looking for personality and ability beyond the capabilities of the dancers. Her love with Jose is abominable. He should have been eliminated long ago. He has not grown in any other areas. Notice how the choreographers are incorporating b-boy moves into every single one of his routines. That's not fair to the other dancers. When they do other styles, they are expected to do the style they are given. Robert and Lauren did a horrible samba. It was not to the standard of competition dancing. So it was no wonder that he appeared in the bottom. However, Billy should go home. He does not dictate the show. America has already placed him in the bottom twice proving that although he is talented he is unable to connect with partners. He is a soloist.
    I agree with you on all of this except one thing - to my knowledge Billy has been in the bottom three twice - the past two weeks when Alex and then Ashlee had to withdraw due to injury, and then this week.

That's three times - and in Melinda's case that eliminated her. IMHO, if Billy is in the bottom three once more he should go. Hopefully Jose will also go to - if they're incorporating his dance style into the dances, which wouldn't surprise me after this week's controversy, it only shows they're trying to set up a final THEY want instead of what we want.

Still think Nigel's callout night before last was really telling - I do think he's not happy that, from the looks of things only, that Billy tried to take the easy way out of the competition and leave with love and such. I truly think he's checked out based on the look in his eyes.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4001213;
    I tend to root for the underdog. When a dancer is fawned over and favored by the judges consistently it juts puts me off.
    I tend to root for the underdog in most things, however, when it's about talent and personality, I do not. I tend to pull for those who have the talent AND a personality that I find in gaging.

One thing that I haven't done with this show is allow the judges over praising to turn me off to someone I really think is deserving or to make me look more favorably on someone with whom I am not impressed. I do cringe when they over praise someone that I truly enjoy and want to see continue because I do think your response is quite common. However, and this is no slam on anyone just a commentary on my response to the judges, I try to just totally discount anything the judges say because I just refuse to allow them the power to influence my thinking one way or the other.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4000575;
    It appears to me that those of us who like Billy think the situation is Ok, while those that don't think he should have been forced to dance or go home for sure...
    I don't like Billy and think he should have been sent home. However, to be fair, I've had days when for no apparent reason, my knee will lock up and I can't move for a few minutes. Sometimes it happens when trying to get out of bed so it's not like I've danced too agressively or anything of the sort. I can't imagine doing a step routine when my knee decides to "go out" .

Other times I brush up against something with my knee and the pain is unbelievable even tho' there's no pain when the doctor pokes it trying to find why this happens, so I have to give Billy the benefit of the doubt cuz stepping is a very vigorous routine. (Not sure it should be called "dancing" any more than krump should) It's more like "stomping" very hard into the floor and Billy looks to me to be very small boned. Someone not used to driving their foot into the floor could easily break a leg. When a dancer leaps, their whole body cushions the whole shock of the landing. In stepping, the legs take the whole brunt of it.

It also seems odd to me that those who like Billy are pretty much the same as the ones who do not like Adechike; Adechike fans don't like Billy. not that it matters, just that I find it funny in a way.
    That's because AdeC is handsome, has a better build (which make his dancing that much more enjoyable to watch) and is more personable. Certain people like certain personalities, looks, etc. and AdeC and Billy are (in my mind at least) polar oposites in looks, personalities, build, stage presents, etc.

Now if you have two contestants with the exact same attributes, then it's more difficult to choose. Like choosing between Brad Pitt and George Clooney.

Yes I know, it should be about the dancing, but often it's not. Often it's who people think is hot. That's who they'll vote for. I often hear (from some, not everyone) that "Mark is hot" or "Dimitri is hot" rather than "He dances well". Just saying. I can't be the only one that thinks AdeC is hot but Billy is anything but. I'm just being honest so don't hurt me..

Nancy

It was just an observation--and actually, in my opinion neither of the two Adechike or billy) is much to look at; to me A. has a goofy expression and his shoulders really slope making his head crane forward (watch the Paso Doble again and compare his body shape to Jose)while Billy looks 14 years old; actually I wish to see Jose and Adechike sent home, and Kent to win, though I'd be ok with Lauren winning too.

If I had to vote on best looking this year, it would have to be Robert, I guess. Really, my choices are on what I see as talent, which includes dancing ability plus personality -- while dancing, not in the interviews. I could care less about the personality they show when not performing.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4001638;
    I have found the truth and it doesn't make sense..
    Your signature is funny and ironic and, in an odd way, maybe even makes sense. I love it.

Nancy
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 07-24-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4001599;
    Yes I know, it should be about the dancing, but often it's not. Often it's who people think is hot. That's who they'll vote for. I often hear (from some, not everyone) that "Mark is hot" or "Dimitri is hot" rather than "He dances well". Just saying. I can't be the only one that thinks AdeC is hot but Billy is anything but. I'm just being honest so don't hurt me..

Nancy
    I don't think either one of them are hot, and Robert certainly isn't either. The only one who appeals to me in a "cute" sort of way is Jose.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey

Billly Bell responds via SYTYCD facebook here and here.

I would like to make it clear I did not “cop out” of the competition. I was in pain therefore did not want to risk injuring myself completely. Sometimes prevention is better than just “fighting through it” until you are actually injured. I believe I made a smart decision and I have no regrets. Sometimes you have to sit back and think about what could happen to you after the show as well guys…

Thank you to all of those who support me and I’m sorry if you believe I’m a “coward” but I don’t. I’m very happy and thrilled to be here next week. Can’t wait to bring it to the stage. Get ready america.

+ Reply to Thread