+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/22 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

bia
    FORT Newbie

Re: 7/22 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;3999940;
    Probably kept messing up in rehearsals and choreographers are very tough on dancers who can't keep up.

As much as I like him, he hasn't grown the way Russell did last year so expect they'll be forced to let him go soon.

Nancy
    You're probably right, and I think it's time for him to go. The comparison with Russell doesn't quite work, though. I agree that he grew throughout the season. But even though his specialty was krump, he had been a dance major at a performing arts high school and was hardly untrained in other styles. I haven't heard that Jose has had any previous training in other styles. It's not surprising that he can't keep up.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KELBEL;3999948;
    Wow thanks, I've never heard of that in SYTYCD. And yet the judges are always fawning over him.
    Never heard of what? That choreographers are tough? There was a very short clip some weeks ago where they showed a choreographer screaming at the top of her lungs in a really abusesive way. I have no idea who she was but it was very unpleasant to watch.

I'm not saying he DID mess up, just guessing. Plus I haven't seen all of the choreographer at work so again, just guessing, but the clip I saw was when some of the initial contestants were put through to choreography and were being put through their paces to see if they could learn new steps before the judges decided who should be put through and allowed to compete.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3999268;
    Jadwarlock - it looks like you saw my amended post before the server apparently ate it - so I'll reconstruct it here (add update it).

To eliminate Billy simply because he didn't dance would set the precedent that contestants must dance if a doctor clears them; even if they feel they might be seriously injured if they performed. Doctors judge muscle, bone, and tendon. But they are not familiar with the specific strain unatural movement throws on the body. A dancer knows. I don't think the judges wanted to set a policy of overriding a personal health assessment.

Billy's decision was not a "free pass". There was a price for his decision - he risked leaving tonight.
    The free pass isn't in regard to his choice, but that the judges gave him a way to stay in even though he's been in the bottom three for several weeks now.

Or in short WE don't want him.

And, as others have mentioned, I noticed him dancing rather well in the closing credits - no limp. That makes me question how serious this injury was. Add to it other styles do not impact the knee as much, it really is suspicious.

Now, had they said he couldn't dance Wednesday, but on re-evaluation Thursday before the show he was cleared, then YES, I'd say give him a shot. However, when a. they could've subbed the style of dance to accommodate his knee, and b. we see him clearly dancing OK last night post show, it makes me really not like the fellow and question his motives. And sadly, I feel AdeChike could be a victim to this next week. (Though it gives him great incentive to work harder this week.

As mentioned, I hope that Nigel saw the video last night and takes that into consideration for this coming week. I really do question the injury here - too many factors involved.

Re: Billy's "arrogance"

Billy is an introvert. I am in introvert, as are about 10% of the population. Introverts can be great performers and artist (George Lucas, Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep, and Barbra Streisand are all introverts.) But they are lousy interviews, They find it hard to sit down and talk. And in the lack of communication, people ascribe all sorts of motives. You've got to judge him by his dancing, because he's not going to give you anything else to go on. Just like De Niro.
    I judge him by his dancing as well - he doesn't connect with me, and his arrogance only adds to that factor. Again too, I question the injury because he's been in the bottom three several times and probably wanted to get out that way. People have been sympathizing with Ashlee and Alex for their injuries, so why not go out with a more positive response.

In all honesty, I found it quite interesting Nigel made the comment that Billy COULD'VE danced as the doctors said it was OK, but he chose not to. He called him out on it. I do think he was disgusted with it, but had to give him the benefit of the doubt. Again, I think a good dancer will pay for it - so I'm voting to keep Ade in unless he really does poorly.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3998927;
    Tour news! Here is who is set for the tour:

ALL STARS
    • Allison
    • Dominic
    • Ade
    • Courtney

SEASON SIX
    • Russell
    • Kathryn

SEASON SEVEN
    • Top Male
    • Top Female
    • + Four others
    Sigh. I was hoping Mark & Legacy would be on the tour.

With them not involved, I may not care to see it this year. I love Dominic, but he's not enough to get me to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;4000232;
    Sigh. I was hoping Mark & Legacy would be on the tour.

With them not involved, I may not care to see it this year. I love Dominic, but he's not enough to get me to go.
    Going by the list, that means that Lauren is going to be in this show - she's already the top girl. Top boy will either be the winner, or I'm guessing Kent.

Regardless, it's safe to say Kent is going to be in the show regardless, as is Ashlee (unless Nigel renegs on his comments the week she left).

Alex is the only one guaranteed NOT on the tour due to his injury.

The other four? - Hmm... I'm hoping and feel that AdeChike should be there as well as possibly Robert. The last spot is in the air - though I would be surprised if the first three eliminated were put in the show unless they need a Tap or Salsa dancer to balance out Contemporary.

Sadly, watch the remaining three spots be Jose, Robert and Billy - the latter two because they are in the same dance group off show I believe.

Re: Billy - in order to stay in the competition, he should have been required to perform a solo last night as the other bottom two did. As others said, he danced during the closing credits and was cleared by the doctors. Since he could do what he wanted for his solo, he could have taken it easy on whatever was injured but still performed. I'm sure the judges would've taken the injury into consideration, but the fact that he did nothing made it look like he just plain doesn't "want it" or doesn't care to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4000273;
    Re: Billy - in order to stay in the competition, he should have been required to perform a solo last night as the other bottom two did. As others said, he danced during the closing credits and was cleared by the doctors. Since he could do what he wanted for his solo, he could have taken it easy on whatever was injured but still performed. I'm sure the judges would've taken the injury into consideration, but the fact that he did nothing made it look like he just plain doesn't "want it" or doesn't care to be there.
    I agree - and it'd made him look a lot like the one fellow with the pulled hamstring during auditions - look like he can conquer anything even injured. He'd been seen as a hero instead of a dog here.

While I still disagree with their decision to do a bye week, I *AM* glad Nigel called Billy out on the fact he could've danced but chose not to. That only highlighted the bit at the end of the show more for me - he was dancing.

Hopefully people will have a strong memory and vote him out.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4000145;
    The free pass isn't in regard to his choice, but that the judges gave him a way to stay in even though he's been in the bottom three for several weeks now.

Or in short WE don't want him.

And, as others have mentioned, I noticed him dancing rather well in the closing credits - no limp. That makes me question how serious this injury was. Add to it other styles do not impact the knee as much, it really is suspicious.

I actually did notice him favouring his right knee last night. Watch again carefully and I think you'll see it too.

Personally I like Billy and his dancing does connect with me. I hate seeing anyone leave. They are all awesome!
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-23-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Fixed quote formatting

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4000145;

I didn't notice him doing anything that would have been good enough in a "dance for your life" by a long shot.

It appears to me that those of us who like Billy think the situation is Ok, while those that don't think he should have been forced to dance or go home for sure..

It also seems odd to me that those who like Billy are pretty much the same as the ones who do not like Adechike; Adechike fans don't like Billy. not that it matters, just that I find it funny in a way.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have been an avid fan for years. I was highly disappointed with the results of last night. Yet I have been more disappointed with Billy not doing the stepping routine. It's unfair to judge Kent with Twitch since Twitch brought out the best in Kent. That number would have looked completely different if Billy was up there with Kent. He should not have been allowed to sit out after the doctor's cleared him. This is a competition. You either compete or go home. As to Mia Michaels, she is always looking for personality and ability beyond the capabilities of the dancers. Her love with Jose is abominable. He should have been eliminated long ago. He has not grown in any other areas. Notice how the choreographers are incorporating b-boy moves into every single one of his routines. That's not fair to the other dancers. When they do other styles, they are expected to do the style they are given. Robert and Lauren did a horrible samba. It was not to the standard of competition dancing. So it was no wonder that he appeared in the bottom. However, Billy should go home. He does not dictate the show. America has already placed him in the bottom twice proving that although he is talented he is unable to connect with partners. He is a soloist.

+ Reply to Thread