+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/22 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: 7/22 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;3999061;
    So a dancer makes the decision to not dance after the doctors say he can and is rewarded by staying another week?

I am not impressed or pleased by this (non?) decision.
    I agree 100%. He was able to take some valuable time off and rest himself. Did other dancers get to make that call? Did anyone else get to decide on their own that "eh, hey, I need a break"? Nope. And he shouldn't be rewarded for it. Face it, Billy is a mega favorite in judge-land and they had to come to a way of justifying keeping him.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by deanna42;3999088;
    I guess that makes sense. I still think it's a total cop-out. I think it should have been Billy taking a walk.
    Actually, what Nigel said was that neither Robert nor Jose have grown. Jose only got better in his own style, but NOT in learning other styles.

So to me, they should have made a descision to send either
    Robert or Jose home. They just couldn't make up there minds. None of them wanted Jose or Robert to go and instead of stepping up and making the descision, Nigel threw up his hands and let them all stay.

As for Billy, on the one hand Billy should have gone home for choosing not to dance since the doctors said he was O.K. On the other hand, Nigel said "Billy knows his own body better than we do" so they HAD to let him slide. Unfair, but Nigel had no choice because if they forced him to dance and he injured himself worse, they'd be open for a law suit. And they couldn't send him home once they agreed to let him sit this one out. It's a catch 22 and the little snot gets to rest giving him a slight advantage that IMO he doesn't deserve.

To be honest, once they said AdeChike was safe, I was satisfied. I had said I thought the last 3 standing would be Lauren, Kent and Adechike. While I was a little worried about AdeC because I thought it might be Robert in the top 3 instead of AdeC, because so many really like him, as soon as Nigel said Robert has not grown, I let out a cheer because that gives AdeC more of a chance.

Soooo, which two will go home next week? I won't even venture a guess since I can't figure out what in the world the judges are doing.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3999049;
    I think I get the reasoning here:
    • Robert isn't growing, but danced well
    • Jose is growing, but didn't dance particularly well
    • Billy has been performing better, but they don't want to reward Billy for not dancing
    • They also don't want to penalize a dancer for making a health decision

So they let them all dance next week and let them stand or fall.
    Yes, it will all make sense next week, when somehow Lauren goes instead...

Thanks, Nigel! (only not)

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

First, I'm NOT a Billy Bell fan. I don't think he should go before Jose because he IS a better dancer and he is starting to open up on the floor a tiny bit.

However, we don't know how sore he actually is. Or if he's had an injury similar to this one before and he knows it's best to stay off of it. I've thought about it since last night and I can't penalize him or trash him for not dancing this week because I'm not in his shoes. Plus with all the injuries this season, he might be a little afraid to push it. I could be totally wrong but like I said, I'm not in his shoes. I have no idea what's going through his head. I do think he has pretty much checked out because he knows he's not going to win.

That said...I don't think it's fair to us that the judges aren't letting us choose who WE want to go home yet. Do we even know if they are going to let us at all this season? There has been zero mention of it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

To the Point

One of the things we have to remember though is that a doctor can clear one to do a certain task/activity but there may be a caveat pertaining to the risk of choosing to do said task, or the level at which one should choose to do said task.

Just playing devil's advocate here, giving Billy the benefit of the doubt.

I hope that the audience will get to vote next week. It is time for the judges to step out of it. If they can't make a decision then it is most certainly time to let us decide.

FORT Regular

How is it that Jose has gotten away with not having to dance in the opening number two weeks in a row? This show is losing all credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by dottie20;3999741;
    How is it that Jose has gotten away with not having to dance in the opening number two weeks in a row? This show is losing all credibility.
    Really? Whats the reason?
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dottie20;3999741;
    I was sure he didn't dance last night, and thought he didn't dance last week's opening number either. I'm glad someone else thinks so too.

Billy might be getting an 'unfair' rest, but Jose is getting a rest too--he learns one less routine than the others.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KELBEL;3999857;
    Really? Whats the reason?
    Probably kept messing up in rehearsals and choreographers are very tough on dancers who can't keep up.

As much as I like him, he hasn't grown the way Russell did last year so expect they'll be forced to let him go soon.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;3999940;
    Probably kept messing up in rehearsals and choreographers are very tough on dancers who can't keep up.

As much as I like him, he hasn't grown the way Russell did last year so expect they'll be forced to let him go soon.

Nancy
    Wow thanks, I've never heard of that in SYTYCD. And yet the judges are always fawning over him.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

+ Reply to Thread