+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/21 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

7/21 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Welcome to SYTYCD Top Six, also known as the Lauren and her Dancing Boys show.

Keep all discussion here until 1AM EST.

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/21 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Catching up on my DVR shows... no Alex...not watching - wish we'd had the final say on the top 10, can't take the judges decisions anymore. Not just the injuries. See ya next year!

FORT Fogey

Guest judge! Kenny Ortega! Aside from directing numerous movies, Kenny got his big break choreographing Dirty Dancing.

Billy Bell is injured (his knee) and won't be dancing tonight. But he will probably be OK to dance next week, should he survive.

Alex is in the audience! He's in a cast but appears to be fine.

Lauren & Twitch - Hip Hop

Lauren is going to b e the "bad chick" in a country western Hip Hop? And she's doing a pretty good job - I believed her. Twitch was definitely softening his style a bit to match her.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-21-2010 at 08:10 PM.

I'm slightly disturbed by the fact that 3 different dancers have been injured this season. Are they pushing the dancers too hard or is it just bad luck?
    And this life sentence that I’m serving
    I admit that I’m every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

FORT Fogey

Save a horse; ride a cowboy." - Kenny Ortega

Jose & Allison - Contemporary

This dance could kill off Jose, unless he can really nail it which would be a surprise. And... color me surprised! Jose's acting was wonderful - better than anything he's ever done! Technically, the number wasn't too tough - which only made work even better for Jose.

I like this dance by Jose. His acting and movements were consistent with Allison's. Great job!

And now we're down to five dancers since Billy is injured. My bet is that Billy wants out of the competition anyway. He can't seem to please the judges no matter what he does.

All these injuries does make one question the rigorous schedule perhaps. Such good dancers will be missed as the competition comes to conclusion.

I wonder how the viewing numbers had decreased as this disappointing season continues.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3996203;
    I'm slightly disturbed by the fact that 3 different dancers have been injured this season. Are they pushing the dancers too hard or is it just bad luck?
    Every year the bar is raised for the dancers and the choreographers. It's not that different from other competitive sports like figure skating, gymnastics, or stock car racing. You have to take a little more risk to give the audience something that they haven't seen before. So they push the edge a little harder. They could scale back the risk, but then you're not going to get the lifts, flips, and hard core technique that has made some of the memorable routines.

Also, dancers never say "no" to a choreographer. They just do whatever they ask, or die trying. If the choreographer doesn't like the result, they may make an adjustment - but the dancer would never say "I can't do that".

Robert & Lauren - Jazz

Lauren has cut her hair - I like it. The goal is a seductive traditional jazz piece. And it's really nice work, but talk about the bar being raised - that Jazz number will have a hard time breaking through other better choreography this week. But I like the way Robert commits 100% to each routine.

AdéChiké Solo

Really impressive dancing. This is going to be a killer night - three routines with just five dancers.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-21-2010 at 08:45 PM.

FORT Fogey

Kent & Kathryn - Jazz

Kent doing Sonya. Will we see his "dark" side? Nope. Awesome jazz dancing. But a bit light for this number.

Robert solo

Robert is great, but just as a matter of taste, I like Kent's and AdéChiké's contemporary styles better than Robert's staccato approach.

Lauren Solo

"We love miss Lauren!" says her kids from her student teaching class.

AdéChiké and Comfort - Hip Hop

That was incredible. It was almost a Contemporary number - but AdéChiké's performance was far beyond anything he's ever done. Great job!
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-21-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3996203;
    These injuries bother me.

Thankfully they're bringing people in to look at what could be going wrong.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast