+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/21 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 7/21 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3997322;
    The only times she was off in the samba was the two or three times that Robert messed up and threw her off. He's the ones that made the mistakes but it makes her look bad.
    It looked to me as if he had a problem not dropping her when swinging her around and on one of the lifts. Is that what you saw?

Nancy

FORT Fan

I'm now thinking Lauren, Kent and AdeChike will be the final three. Jose might be in the top four given his popularity, but Kent is beginning to out shine everyone at this point.

I also think the votes will be very close when the winner is finally chosen.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;3997579;
    I'm now thinking Lauren, Kent and AdeChike will be the final three. Jose might be in the top four given his popularity, but Kent is beginning to out shine everyone at this point.

I also think the votes will be very close when the winner is finally chosen.

Nancy
    This is my dream final three, and hopefully it'll happen. While I'd be sad to see Robert in the final three, I won't be too upset. JOSE, yes.

Billy, I just don't think he gives a damn anymore. Hearing "hurt knee" means too many things, and that doesn't help his credibility here. He's either going to be unpopular with the voters for sitting out if he's not seriously hurt, and he's going to be knocked out of the competition if he cannot return.

If he's not eliminated this week, Billy most definitely will next week because of this notion. People are going to see him as weak for sitting out this week.

I think Billy has had enough of the comp. Whether it's because he's busy or because he can't win with the judges or the voters, I don't know. He just seems ready to go. Otherwise, he would have danced when the doctor said he could if he felt ready. You know Alex would have and I'm pretty sure Ashley would have, as well.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gatrmom;3997106;
    I did find it annoying that the judges had to keep reminding Kent to pay attention to them when they were critiquing him. It is disrespectful at the least.
    Kent is young and there are a lot of people screaming at him in the audience. He doesn't know how to tune that out. You'll note that after Adam and Mia, when the crowds were no longer screaming, he was paying attention fine. I don't think it's disrespectful, I think it's just a product of his youth and inexperience that he gets distracted more easily. Mia's call to him was more like a Mom getting her kid's attention than a scolding.

FORT Fogey

I was pulling out my hair out when the judges critiqued Kent. That was a horrible step routine. These judges have no sense of cultural dance. It is like they are judging Bollywood and have never seen Bollywood. They are judging hip hop and all they've ever seen is hip hop done by Nappy Tabs on the show. I don't think they've seen stepping. That was a bad effort by Kent. The smiling attitude was so wrong. These judges need to be fired! Or perhaps they should learn about the dances ahead of time. It is shameful that this panel doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Anyway, Twitch was really great this week. He always is though! It is so hard to watch the new dancers when the all stars are so great. Nigel said that Kent outdanced Neil last week and Kathryn this week. I was looking at the all-stars both times. I am not a huge Kathryn fan but I just like her dancing so much better this year. I still think she lacks emotional sophistication. I don't know why Nigel thinks Kent was better than Neil last week. It looked to me that Neil was dancing with his understudy. I am a big fan of the all-stars.

FORT Newbie

I am glad Billy didn't risk injuring his knee by trying to catch up with the routines. He is an awesome dancer and should be more popular.
    Kent was not better than Neil, I wish Nigel would stop saying things like that. When Neil was competing, he always said off things about him.
    At this point I think Kent will win.
    :]

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3996254;
    Every year the bar is raised for the dancers and the choreographers. It's not that different from other competitive sports like figure skating, gymnastics, or stock car racing. You have to take a little more risk to give the audience something that they haven't seen before. So they push the edge a little harder. They could scale back the risk, but then you're not going to get the lifts, flips, and hard core technique that has made some of the memorable
    In something like figure skating, I can see this - yesterday's triple is today's quad.

But some of the best routines of past seasons didn't include a lot of risky tricks/moves. The Hummingbird & Flower - Hok & & Jaime, season 3 - routine is the one that comes quickest to mind. Also Bleeding Love - Mark & Chelsea, season 4, etc. I could go on.

I say, make the routines interesting and that goes further than risky moves. Yes, I want to see good technique and interesting choreography. But, for pete's sake, if dancers are getting injured, keep them on the floor more!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3997976;
    Kent is young and there are a lot of people screaming at him in the audience. He doesn't know how to tune that out. You'll note that after Adam and Mia, when the crowds were no longer screaming, he was paying attention fine. I don't think it's disrespectful, I think it's just a product of his youth and inexperience that he gets distracted more easily. Mia's call to him was more like a Mom getting her kid's attention than a scolding.
    I have also wondered if Kent is a bit afraid of Mia. Afterall she is a bit unpredictable and crazed at times. I have noticed that he has more issue looking at her than any of the other judges. Perhaps he is afraid that she might unleash the demons within I don't see it as him being disrespectful so much as distracted and nervous. Just something that needs work.

I am finally catching up on my recordings from this week. What was with that dress Kat was wearing? It was the most hideous thing ever...like someone made her wear a slip and then just took some fabric and wrapped it around the slip and pinned it in place...gee...and they actually PAY people to design stuff like that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast