+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/21 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/21 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Well I think it's pretty obvious with three injured dancers that they are pushing the dancers a little to far this year to keep the dancers healthy.

They defintely need to give them enough time to rehearse their dances so they can learn to do things properly before they have to go all out, or they are going to end up with even more injured dancers. The tricks, flips, jumps and throws aren't necessarily too much or too hard for the dancers, but they are if the dancers are not given proper instruction and time to learn to do the move in the proper way.

Personally I'd rather see less over the top and more healthy happy dancers.

FORT Fogey

Jose Solo

Jose is fine, but his breaking rarely impresses me.

Kent Solo

Kent definitely has the studio audience on his side.

I've decided maybe they just really want Jose to win, so they're trying to injure everyone else, since that's the only way he can possibly win.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3996410;
    I've decided maybe they just really want Jose to win, so they're trying to injure everyone else, since that's the only way he can possibly win.
    Or, maybe Jose is sabotaging all the other dancers. The sweetness is all an act. The kid is a killer.

Robert & Lauren - Samba

We get a Dimitri Samba - at least he is choreographing it. He - they're dancing to the song that the All Stars danced to a couple of weeks ago.

AdéChiké & Jose - Paso Doble

Nigel finally gets his male-male ballroom number. Dimitri choreographs assisted by Legacy (who killed on Paso last season). It's the battling matadors. Interesting. I wish Jose was a stronger dancer - but nevertheless they pulled it off.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-21-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Finally able to get away from RL and on the board. Have to say, the male v male passo stunk. Big time. Jose, you're in trouble, man. He probably hurt Ade C.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Kent & Billy Twitch - Stepping

Wow - Twitch is taking on this challenge. It looks like a combination of Hip Hop and drill team. That must have been mind-numbing to learn. My hat's off to both of them.

This is when it really starts to count. Tomorrow a favorite is going home. Will it be yours?

888 623-7801 Lauren
    888 623-7802 Jose
    888 623-7803 Robert
    888 623-7804 AdéChiké
    888 623-7805 Kent
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 07-21-2010 at 09:58 PM.

FORT Fogey

Thanks everyone for your comments. I now take Pilates every Wed., miss the show, but love reading your comments before watching my DVR.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think the world of Cat . . . but I can't imagine any circumstance in which she went into a shop, tried on that dress, looked in the mirror and said, "Yep! This is what I'm going to wear this week!"

It's. Just. Not. Good.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 07-21-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: It's been a long day and I can't spell.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Hey, my post disappeared. I don't think there was anything wrong with it. Moderators, did I post something wrong? (post was about seeing stepping in college and that the guys did well, and liking Irish dancing for the same percussive sounds). Sorry it if was improper (and this one probably will be too). I really just was saying that Kent did well and that I liked the style.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;3996439;
    Finally able to get away from RL and on the board. Have to say, the male v male passo stunk. Big time. Jose, you're in trouble, man. He probably hurt Ade C.
    Have to agree..was hoping for a little more power from the guys but I though it was a bit weak..(sorry channeling Mia...) truly..it wasn't all that I had hoped for, we have had some great male vs. male dancing but this was pretty lame.

Jose may be good in his genre but his weaknesses are begining to show, I find it painful to watch him each week; I think it is obvious he is not on the same level as the remaining dancers. I was hoping that having Legacy help with the choreography would be a benefit to Jose...(Legacy was great with the Paso last season..) but alas..Jose once again fell short. (Although I am beginning to think Kat has a "soft" spot for him)...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast