+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/15 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/15 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Billy and Kent are competing for the boyish charm votes and Kent is ahead. Having nothing to do with dancing it is clear that Billy just doesn't have the majority of that camp.

Jose is precious but since his lack of skill is showing up now he will go next week or soon. The judges are going to start calling him on this, big time.

Robert lacks charisma and that undefinable quality that makes you a star.

Lauren is hot stuff! What a dancer. I am rooting for her to win this.

Adechike I don't see him winning this. Again he lacks that star quality.

Looks like it may be a Lauren/Kent finale. And that would be fine with me!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3985453;
    Billy and Kent are competing for the boyish charm votes and Kent is ahead. Having nothing to do with dancing it is clear that Billy just doesn't have the majority of that camp.

Jose is precious but since his lack of skill is showing up now he will go next week or soon. The judges are going to start calling him on this, big time.

I agree!

I think that Kent has that natural "something" that Billy just doesn't have. Billy actually won me over a bit this week, and I had really, really not been a fan. I do see improvement in him and really enjoyed his dances this week. I would much prefer to keep Billy over Jose. Jose has, what would seem to be, a really sweet personality, but his dancing is lacking. Dancing wins in this case for me.

I also think this is going to come down to Lauren and Kent, with Kent taking it with the teenage girl vote. I think once they did their "prom" dance last week it solidified their standings. People love a fantasy and that kiss at the end put them in the "oh they are such a cute couple" mindset for some and Kent has been liked since the beginning. He seems to have given up his "Aw shucks/golly gee" persona and listens intently at his critiques and seems to have matured over the past 2 weeks.

Billy's days are numbered. I don't see him as feeling entitled like some do, but that constant grin and giggle does get on my last nerve at times. I agree with Adam about the shoe dance. For once "Billy Bell" wasn't dancing on stage for the audience. It was just some kid up there getting into it and having fun. It was very refreshing. I do think the damage has already been done and he won't be here another week- barring any injuries to others.

Adechike actually benefitted from Mia's nasty tirade last week. I think he was somewhat invisible until that and then people felt bad for him and picked up the phone. He has a wonderful smile when he is just standing there on stage, but it somehow doesn't translate to his dancing. He's missing that "it" factor.

Robert is also a great dancer, but somewhat invisible too. I can't put my finger on it, but I don't see any star power with him either.

Jose is doing well for having no "formal training", but to me he didn't take his criticism very well. Yes, he looked very sad and upset, but there was no acknowledgement from him that he needed improvement. After his solo last night he seemed angry, even Cat commented on it. Nigel said he was "determined and firey", but I just felt he was mad to be in the bottom 3. He just walked off stage without any bow or wave or thank you to the cheering audience. Maybe it was me, but I didn't get a good feeling about it.

It will be interesting if after all the comments I have read whether or not Nigel will comment next week about Ashley going straight to Vegas since he conveniently ignored it this week.

Kent is a cutie pie AND a wonderful dancer. He is my fav at this point in the competition.

Billy I really like. I don't think he seems entitled at all. However, I do think he has trouble connecting with the audience. I do think he has been improving on connecting with his partners. I think he should be around a bit longer, but I won't be surprised if he goes soon given how the judges react to him.

Jose is another cutie pie. However, he lacks Kent's talent. I enjoy watching him when he throws himself into a dance, but I don't care for his solos. I generally really like hip-hop, but the whole B-boy style is just do a trick, hold a pose, do another trick. I realize it takes skill, it just isn't my favorite thing to watch.

Lauren has been growing on me. I'm judging her week-by-week. I figure she'll be around for a while given that she is the only female left.

Adechike is a good dancder, but I agree with some of the comments that he lacks "star quality". I've seen glimmers, but typically his personality doesn't come through when he dances.

Robert I CANNOT STAND. I wasn't online a couple of weeks ago when they he had that dance where he was a doll with one of the girls, but I thought that was one of the worst routines EVER on this show. I mean it was right up there with the Russian folk dance! I could not believe the judges raved about it. UGH!! He comes of as over the top to me whenever the judges give him comments and every time he dances I'm just thinking that one of the other dancers would have done a better job. I cannot wait for him to go home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3985453;

I totally agree.

If a fusion would have been possible Adechike and Jose in one piece would have been great.

I am a bit confused about the majority judging so harsh on Robert. I think he is a wonderful dancer. I understand that he may seems arrogant but I am convinced that he is not. I just think that the connexion with public is just not there.

The choregraphs love him. The judges love him. The other dancers love him.... there is a reason for that and it cannot be because he is arrogant. I think it is really a misperception and lack of charisma.

For me I would put

F1 Kent (BIG favorite after Alex: HUGE charisma, naive and cute... people will relate to the farmer guy who live his dream in the big city AND on top of that he is VERY talented when he stops make faces!!)

F2 Lauren (BIG BIG improvement since beginning: charisma, technics... is Kent involved in this change??? (wink))

F3 Robert (lack of charisma but very talented. He reminds me a bit of Ryan last season but without the maturity and charisma.)

F4 Billy (lack of charisma and laughing get on nerves. He is talented but he shines only in Jazz routines and brodways)

F5 Jose (also very supported because he IS a cutie but lack of tecnics. He would need dance training to evolve but too short for him to learn what can be learned in years.

F6 Adechike (although he is supported big time since Mia was a bitch. Too young and like Adam said he put his brain in front of his heart and that shows in his face. His face distracts me to see his tecnics and performance most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101;3985791;
    I am a bit confused about the majority judging so harsh on Robert. I think he is a wonderful dancer. I understand that he may seems arrogant but I am convinced that he is not. I just think that the connexion with public is just not there.
    From what I have read, it seems like the majority like Robert. I don't think he is arrogant at all. The rest of the cast do seem to like him, but my problem with him is that he comes off fake. When he gets a good review, his reaction (IMO) always feels like "Whaaaaaaat? You REALLY LIKE ME?!?!" It is ridiculously over the top and it grates on every one of my nerves.

While he is talented, in the scope of this show I think he is mediocre. I think we have seen many contemporary dancers on this show that could dance circles around this guy. When he did Sonya's routine a couple of weeks ago I did not think he could pull off her "creepy" vibe at all. Then we he did the doll number I thought there were a number of places where mistakes were made. He also did a terrible job with the quickstep, and while this dance may be very difficult we have seen others on this show do a respectable job with it. He just isn't all that versatile, he only seems to dance really well in TravisWall-style contemporary. Every time I am thinking of another dancer from the show who would have done it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;3984707;
    I thought Neil was good last night and loved seeing him again tonight. He left too soon in his season, IMO.
    Neil was the second-place guy on his season (finishing only behind Danny and Sabra), and performed in every episode (he and Danny did the two princes routine on the final competition night). He couldn't have left much later in the season! But he's one of my favorites too, and I was really glad to see him back. It was great to see him with Allison tonight and I can't wait until he gets his feature (though Twitch and Comfort were great tonight!).

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing;3984823;
    Is it unusual that they have not mentioned any details of her injury?
    Nigel noted last week that Alex had given them permission to share the details of his injury. Perhaps Ashley just didn't feel like giving that permission. Her body, her rights, I'm cool with that. As long as she's able to heal up and dance again it's all good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3984899;
    Alex was dropped from the tour; that's where the big bucks are for the dancers. Ashley will go and come out with a nice nest egg to get her through the next couple of years.

Did you notice that Nigel said that some SEASON SIX dancers would be on the tour? That's news.
    I don't think that there was a tour after season six since it was the weird fall season, so this would be the first chance for them to get to do one.

Kent reminds me a bit of Donald O'Connor, a great dancer who was still cute in his fifties. Adam was right; Kent would have a wonderful career on Broadway or in films if they still made musicals.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast