+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/15 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/15 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Aw, I had hopes Ashley would be well enough to stay.

well that just .... stinks
    get better soon Ashley - we'll miss your smile!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3984866;
    And not given a freebie pass to next season. Nice double standard.
    I was just about to comment on that. What the heck?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3984853;
    Someone with a myspace page, and a song someone stumbled on and used on this show.

Grr. The Hobbit is on the block, but he's going to be safe because of another medical malady.

And isn't it peculiar that UNLIKE the last person let go like this, Ashley doesn't get informed that she can come back next season. I smell a bias, Uncle Nigel.
    Uggh, I muted it. I'd rather have listed to the stupid Nationwide guy say he threw up in his mouth than what she was calling singing.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Alex was dropped from the tour; that's where the big bucks are for the dancers. Ashley will go and come out with a nice nest egg to get her through the next couple of years.

Did you notice that Nigel said that some SEASON SIX dancers would be on the tour? That's news.

So in 5 weeks, 4 girls are gone and Alex only left because of an injury...seriously?

At least there are all-stars or it'd be a complete sausage fest.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3984899;
    Alex was dropped from the tour; that's where the big bucks are for the dancers. Ashley will go and come out with a nice nest egg to get her through the next couple of years.

Did you notice that Nigel said that some SEASON SIX dancers would be on the tour? That's news.
    Exactly - Alex can't no matter how hard he worked, dance with the tour. His healing is at least three months for the surgery itself if not more for it and the physical therapy.

Ashley, however, will recover within three-five weeks, which by then the show will nearly be over and she can go on tour. So, since she'll get paid while on tour while Alex cannot, she won't get a chance to come back in Vegas while Alex ends up getting another chance next season.

Now - there is ONE beef I'll have with this arrangement - and please forgive me as I didn't see the season last year: If Billy was on the tour this year and was allowed to audition from Las Vegas this year, then no, this is not a fair arrangement.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As far as tonight, watching the dance for their lives, had Ashley not left, I think Billy would've been eliminated over Jose. Out of the two, Jose had the stronger solo and has been improving. Billy I feel has plateaued, and it'll come back to bite him UNLESS he does as Nigel said tonight. This is the second week I've felt this - and again, it's based on the dances for the week, that Billy has lucked out that an injured person had to drop out.

FORT Regular

Sorry but I do not know anyone supporting Jose at this point. Dom slapped him around on the dance floor and Jose's lack of "fine tuning" was quite noticeable. I wish he would have gone...but maybe I'll get to see Ashley perform on the tour! Excited it's coming to my town this year!

FORT Fan

The judges knew before the show that Ashly would need time to heal and would have to be eliminated so why they had to waste an hour pretending they had a descision to make is just stupid.

I'm sorry to see Ashley go but glad that Jose is safe. I know I'm in the minority, but I like him and will continue to support him. His solo was awesome tonight, so there.

As the last female, Lauren will be no doubt be feeling the pressure. She's so good tho', I think she'll be fine.

I think maybe Billy or Robert will go home next week.

The "special" guest was Perry something or other. She'd never make it on AI.

Nancy

I commented to my daughter during Billy's solo that it looked as if he has given up. I think that Billy is tired of being in the bottom 3 and it may have been best if the judges would have just gone ahead and sent him home. Not sure when the votes begin to actually determine who gets sent home but I feel sure that the first time they do Billy is gone, unless the judges get rid of him first. I liked the routine he did with Lauren (the shoes) but for some reason I just don't like him. Lauren was fantastic in that to me and I watched her alot more than Billy. Sorry to see Ashley go. She, like Alex, deserved to be there much longer than they were.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast