+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 7/14 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/14 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3984270;
    HELP!! My cable has gone out due to a storm. Luckily, I have my internet on DSL. Is there anywhere I can watch the show live on the internet?
    Fox now puts the latest performance show online. However there is usually a delay of a few days. Go to FOX Broadcasting Company : So You Think You Can Dance : Super Fan Experience

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3984600;
    I myself am really thankful, into, moved by and appreciative of the routines that touch upon serious, sad, angry, intense and even negative subjects and emotions. What is dance if not the physical expression of emotion? If every dance was about happy happy joy joy, what a freaking boring, Stepford world dance would be.
    I must respectfully disagree. Simon Cowell would call it "self indulgent". It would be like me coming on here and crying about all my problems to get sympathy from you. Who needs that? Nobody needs that.

There's enough serious, sad, angry, intense and negative subjects every day on the news and in living life in general. The whole reason I watch this show is to get away from all that for a while. That's why it's called
    "Entertainment" and not "Disease of the week". Might as well show snuff films.

Nancy

Yeah, I'm never impressed when the choreographers bring their personal lives into the show. It's about these kids who are competing, not about the choreo's. I understand that it's an art and emotion and personal experience is all part of the creativity, but these guys get carried away with it. That's one of the reasons I don't like Mia. She makes the show all about HER and not the kids.

And where in the hell is Mary? I thought she would be choreographing some of the dances this season and we've had plenty of ballroom. I really miss her. Screeching and all.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

My perfect judging panel would be Mary, Dan Karaty (where is he? ), and either Adam or Nigel. I can't stand Nigel, but it would be weird to see the panel without him.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3985411;
    Yeah, I'm never impressed when the choreographers bring their personal lives into the show. .
    Plus I don't think the judges can really separate their feelings about the content (disease of the week) from the dancers performance. Make the dance about a disease and the dancers automatically get praise from the judges. They're not going to say, "That was the worst performance you've done." or "That didn't touch me at all--not enough feeling".

Nancy

Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention. So yeah, Billy and Anya's Jive number was okay. Definitely a more "fun" Billy and all. But OMG the tragedy of what they did to Paradise by the Dashboard Lights!!! I don't know if I can forgive them for the hack job they did to fit that into the time!

Just got around to watching this. I don't get the arrogant vibe from Billy. He seems very nice and like a sweet guy to me. His dancing has been a little lackluster, but I thought he stepped it up the past 2 weeks.

Travis' dance was good. Not amazing or anything. I hate the "emotional" dances because it's like whoever draws it gets a free pass. Plus they butchered that Coldplay song, which I found very distracting.

Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention. So yeah, Billy and Anya's Jive number was okay. Definitely a more "fun" Billy and all. But OMG the tragedy of what they did to Paradise by the Dashboard Lights!!! I don't know if I can forgive them for the hack job they did to fit that into the time!
    I couldn't believe how disjointed the song was. Whoever chose that music (and chose to do that to it) should...well, definitely shouldn't be involved in a show like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456