+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/14 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/14 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Noooo, nearly all of my favorites are gone!!! Alexie, Alex, Ashley...Adechike is the only one left

As to the dancing last night, I loved the shoe dance, and I would have loved the Robert/Alison dance even without the backstory. Robert really showed how great he is as he matched Alison step for step. He may be in trouble though, since his last dance was disco. It always tough with the that genre. Also, wasn't overly wowed by the b-boy routine. Billy really stepped out of his own way last night! Perhaps with no Alex in the competition, he sees an opportunity?

I have no idea how we'll get to the final two standing, but I think it will be Lauren & Kent.

FORT Fan

I could be wrong but Billy seems phoney to me. He hasn't got the sweet personality of AdeChicke or the outgoing personality of Jose. Even Kent, whose "aw shucks" act is getting old has more of the "it" factor than Billy but both are rather annoying to me.

I will say that Kent was less annoying last night. I think that as he goes forward, he'll eventually lose that small town awestruck "golly gee" persona. In other words, I think he may be growing up.

Nancy

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3982713;
    Also, I want to add that Mark was amazing! [Tahitian] isn't his style, but wow, he could have fooled me.
    Remember, Mark is from Hawaii. Though I'm not silly enough to suggest this makes a person automatically proficient in a hula or similar (yet different) Tahitian style, he's probably done his share of hip shaking.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Did anyone actually catch what was wrong with Denise Wall?

Had some background noise in the house at the time and didn't catch it . . . if it was even mentioned.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3983453;
    I understand where you are coming from, because after they showed Billy and Robert making the finals, I knew Billy was going to get tagged with that rap: "The 11th Dancer". But the fact is, he was the last one only because they decided to script and edit the show that way. The producers made the decision to have 11 dancers. They could have had just 10 dancers, but they didn't want to let any of them go. So actually, they are all "The 11th Dancer". Lauren, Jose, and Robert are just as responsible for their being 11 dancers as Billy.

As for the "stink eye", I guess what I saw as intent listening, you saw as arrogance. I'll have to go back and take another look.
    IMHO, given the fact there were two dancers who had qualified for the finals last season, had to drop out because of unusual circumstances (Alex - the dance company, Billy the illness), I actually feel that they pandered for two spots. They made space for both people, and that's one reason why I kinda hope that Alex doesn't return next season - I don't want him to have the stigma of it appearing he was entitled to his spot next year - even if he is the best dancer out there.

Or in other words - nine of the spots were earned, two actually felt like they were entitled, and that they HAD to make sure that both men got a spot in the finals since they were gyped last season. I feel that Alex proved he should've been there, Billy not.

And I have to disagree with you on "intent listening" - Billy has given some looks that clearly show he does not like the critiques he's getting. Intent listening doesn't have the fact that he's giving - and I've seen many intense listeners. I've noticed the judges have also treaded a lot more carefully around him in the comments for that reason.

He just gives an air of "I'm supposed to win" and when he's in the bottom three he really has this "Why am I the anointed one getting in that three?" Plus, I maintain that had Alex not had to drop out, Billy would've been gone last week. Ashley's dancing was better in the solo IMHO, and Alex would've probably blown everyone away.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3983769;
    he's probably done his share of hip shaking.
    Are we still talking about dancing?

HELP!! My cable has gone out due to a storm. Luckily, I have my internet on DSL. Is there anywhere I can watch the show live on the internet?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;3984093;
    Are we still talking about dancing?
    After all of this time, I finally "get" Mark. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;3984506;
    After all of this time, I finally "get" Mark. Wow!
    Oh, I've "gotten" Mark since day one. The guy just blows me away.

I only just watched the performance show. And while Lauren's butt shaking was pretty awesome, I just could NOT take my eyes off of everything Mark.

Obsessed much, FC?

I have to say, I did find Travis' number touching. Not as deeply touching as some of the past "weepers" of the show (Cancer dance, Mia's ode to her father, etc), but touching, indeed.

I myself am really thankful, into, moved by and appreciative of the routines that touch upon serious, sad, angry, intense and even negative subjects and emotions. What is dance if not the physical expression of emotion? If every dance was about happy happy joy joy, what a freaking boring, Stepford world dance would be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast