+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/14 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/14 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Julika;3982617;
    I saw the Worm. Was there something else?
    There was Cat rocking out with Mark's Tahitian headdress.

I rarely post here because I watch it on Pacific Time long after everyone else here....but I love reading what you all have posted as I watch the show

but I thought I would comment on the Tahitian number since I know technique of the dance. After I was proficient in Hula I wanted to learn Tahitian and believe me it is really difficult. As easy as I found Hula I thought it would be a breeze. Tahitian has nothing to do with wiggling at all. It is all in using stomach and hip muscles that you never knew you even had. For me there was an added difficulty because in Hula you can raise the heel to make the hip go up and sway. Tahitian is done with a flat foot which really strains the leg muscles as well. I took lessons for a couple of years and found I was never as proficient in Tahitian as Hula. For Lauren to have learned it in such a short time and to have actually mastered it as she did is no easy task. It really is so foreign to any other dance genre/moves as far as the muscles you use and the combination of moves you coordinate together. I was totally impressed! I only wish I knew as much about all the other dances/genre as I do about Hula and Tahitian
    Last edited by JenCos; 07-14-2010 at 11:07 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos;3982682;
    ... For Lauren to have learned it in such a short time and to have actually mastered it as she did is no easy task. It really is so foreign to any other dance genre/moves as far as the muscles you use and the combination of moves you coordinate together. I was totally impressed!
    Thanks for posting that, JenCos! It's great to hear from someone who can fill us in on what we have seen. I must admit, I didn' t have a clue what to look for.

Also, I want to add that Mark was amazing! This isn't his style, but wow, he could have fooled me.

FORT Fanatic

Not sure why the hate on Billy. I really like him and enjoyed both his dances tonight.

To the Point

Krom, I totally get what you said regarding the Travis routine. My DD and I were both saying that without knowledge of where Travis was coming from, it's just another dance. I think some of the emotion that pours forth from the judges would be better withheld.

I actually enjoyed Billy's dances tonight. I was very surprised!

I really didn't feel that Jose kept up with Dominic. I felt that he was outdanced. I think he must really be a great guy from the way everyone responds to him, however, he is in over his head and he really is the weakest of all the dancers left. Personality can only fill the gaps to a certain degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Julika;3982617;
    I saw the Worm. Was there something else?
    Yeah, before she did the standard worm, she did like an alternate version which is hard to describe except to say it was pretty sick. She kept her stomach on the ground while lifting her legs backwards over her head with her back super arched, and rolled forward a bunch of times. Hard to explain.

Personally, I think they should do away with the Disco. It's never smooth no matter who attempts it. The lifts are always disjointed from the rest of the dance.

I wasn't really impressed with any of the choreography tonight except for the Tahitian dance and the shoe dance. I smiled through both of them. The rest....bleh. I liked Kent and Adechike well enough, but it didn't grab me like contemporary usually does.

Billy did much better, but his "off stage" personality grinds me.

I thought Dom danced circles around Jose. I like Jose, but agree that he is the weakest of the season.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;3982814;
    Not sure why the hate on Billy. I really like him and enjoyed both his dances tonight.
    I agree. I have been shocked that he has been in the bottom the past 2 weeks. Schenkman said flat out that Billy is a brilliant dancer; why isn't America seeing that? Robert and Jose are so much worse. And I like his personality, but if anyone doesn't, why should that matter, as they are being judged on their dancing ability. I wore my hand out calling in for an hour for Billy last week, and will do the same tonight, but am disgusted with America for not calling in enough votes for him.

We also like Kent and Lauren.

I always like when they do disco even if it isn't performed perfectly. It is fun to see the choreography.

FORT Fan

Here I am, late to the party being as I'm on the Weat Coast. Any way, here's my take.

Lauren with Mark – Nice Tahitian dance. Poor Nigel didn’t know how to judge it. Great showing by Lauren. I think she could do anything, including win this competition..

AdeChicke with Anya – Salsa – Poor AdeChicke looked a bit stiff. Not enough hip action. I’m surprised Mia was as subdued as she was in her comments.

Jose with Courtney – LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!!! Disagree totally with the judges. Jose did fine by me but then I’m no dance expert, obviously.

Robert with Allison – Nice routine but I’m not big on routines that depict illness like the cancer thing from last season. For me dance is to cheer me, not to bring me down.

Robert was fine tho’. Did Adam just call Robert “Sweetheart”. Did you catch that? He said “Congratulations, Sweetheart”.

Billy and Anya – Jive – Hmm. They seemed to rely a lot of twists and turns but not enough actual jive steps. Billy’s giggle irks me.

Kent and Neil – Baseball routine – Oh that was FUN! Much better than dances about illness. I actually liked Kent in that. It was made for him. Adam was a gymnast??

Lauren and Billy – Really cute. I liked Billy better in this one.

AdeChicke and Kent – The odd couple. My eyes stayed on AdeChicke cuz I really like him. Both danced great. Meanwhile, Hell must have frozen over because Mia was actually nice to Ade. Perhaps there’s hope for her yet.

Jose and Dominic – B Boy routine – Cool. I must say I’m enjoying seeing the guys dance together.

Robert and Kathryn – Disco – A great routine to end the night with. I think that Robert lacks charisma which is why he doesn't get the votes.

Nancy

FORT Fogey

I liked Billy a lot last season. This season he's just boring me for some reason. I think the problem is that the men's skill level is much higher this time around and Billy doesn't look so "super special" anymore. Alex and Adechike both appeared to be better technical dancers than Billy, so.... I don't have much Billy-love anymore.

My favorites this season have been Alex, Adechike, Kent, and Lauren.
    Last edited by gracie727; 07-15-2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Who the heck is Henry? Oops!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast