+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/8 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/8 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3972903;
    I...Btw, I fast forward through almost all of the judges' comments, so what did Mia say on Wednesday that she had to apologize for?
    Here is a word for word transcript of what Mia said to AdéChiké on Wednesday.

Bar Routine with Courtney

Before Mia spoke, Nigel was positively impressed with AdéChiké’s dancing and performance. It wasn’t the best AdéChiké has ever done, but he surpassed Nigel’s expectations.

MIA
    I totally disagree with Nigel. I feel that you got so much praise for your personality last week that you relied a little on that today. And the dancing, the ability, the style – was so not there. Your sickle, your feet… it was very mediocre for me. At this point in the competition we have to be unbelievable. And the only moments that you had were they physicality, more like the acrobatics stuff. Everything else was donut holes for me. Do you guys know what donut holes are? Emptyness. Nothing.

NIGEL
    What did you think about that section over there that was really fun; he was using his plie. Wasn’t that a nice style?

MIA
    No. No.

NIGEL
    OK. We do disagree.

Bollywood with Marla

Nigel warns AdéChiké that he lost some of the distinct shape of this style of Indian dance by injecting too much of his own funky approach. Nigel says that he heard that the rehearsal with AdéChiké and Alex was fantastic, and he wished that they could have seen them together.

CAT
    Mia, I’m going to come to you. I’m going to play Devil’s Advocate a little here, because when Jose did the same Bollywood we kind of said (and it was a few weeks ago, so maybe we’re talking that the professionalism should be a bit more by now), but when Jose did it we were all saying “But you put your own little twist on it and it was really fun”.

[The audience applauds]

NIGEL
    A fair comment.

MIA
    Yeah, the only thing is that Jose has this heart thing that he just grabs everybody with, and AdéChiké… [Audience boos] and.. um… [pause] your focus, your eyes; you’re never focused because you’re kind of always looking everywhere. You’re movement, for me – I don’t know if it was supposed to be a fusion of African? I don’t know; I didn’t talk to the choreographer. But it seemed a little African; a little flaily for me. I’m not feeling it. I really miss Alex right now because I can only imagine what that would be like – no disrespect to Marla because she was beautiful. But, my god, I miss Alex. Hard.

FORT Fan

Thank you for posting the blow by blow. Have you ever heard the expression, "It's not what you say, but how you say it?" Of course you have. So hypothetically; you come into the room, blow me a kiss and I look at you with pure hate in my eyes and say, " I really miss Alex right now. I can only imagine what that would be like " That's would be O.K. with you?

If she wasn't hurtful than why do so many people say she was? The hatred for her is all over the internet. Just saying.

Nancy

I agree Nancy. Mia's body language and delivery tone, as well as her words, were hurtful. It was not constructive at all as AdeChicke is simply not Alex and will never be Alex. How is saying she missed Alex supposed to help AdeChicke improve his performances?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3973037;
    I also miss Mary, I'd take her screaming, manic laughing, over Mia any day. All over the internet there are calls for a hot tamale train to arrive and run over Mia, I'm echoing that.
    I agree with this 100%. I really like Mary, and i knew enough to lower the volume when she started talking. With Mia, I would actually prefer the mute button (or better yet, going into the kitchen for a snack so I don't have to see her either). Whoever thought it was a good idea to bring her on as a permanent judge should be fired (even if its Nigel). Is she the only one with dance credentials they could find who would do it? Bringing in an unknown would have been better.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

All I can say is that if even Alex was horrified and felt AdeChike's pain when he heard Mia's comments, I think that says a lot. On the pro side, it shows that Alex respects his competition and sees Ade a friend, therefore he felt that the assessment was uncalled for.

On the neg side, it shows that Mia is quite incapable I think of judging with tact and decorum. Yes, the judges have their favorites, but I do NOT think any of them would flat out say they wish another dancer was there to dance.

I feel looking at the assessment of the Jazz dance and the "Everything else was donut holes for me. Do you guys know what donut holes are? Emptyness. Nothing." seems a bit snotty and condescending.

I've actually enjoyed AdeChike's dance, but then again - I like all the dancers and don't really focus on the very technical stuff. The only dancer I do not like is Billy because I feel he's a. entitled, b. snotty when critcized, and c. I just don't feel his dancing.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

If Jose wins this year I think I'll stop watching the show. I wish the judges would only put well rounded dancers through to the live show. I'm tired of watching inexperienced/mediocre dancers that have personality make it to the top while better dancers get kicked off.

Best wishes Alex! You're an amazing dancer!!!

FORT Fogey

I'm curious to see how many fewer votes and viewers will continue to watch this season w/o Alex in the mix...I know I'm not as excited, will tape and watch the performances, zip through the judges and maybe vote here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3976358;
    I'm curious to see how many fewer votes and viewers will continue to watch this season w/o Alex in the mix...I know I'm not as excited, will tape and watch the performances, zip through the judges and maybe vote here or there.
    I suspected I would lose interest without him in it and it's already started, I only watched about half of the last performance show. Watched the all-stars (since I like them) and skipped all the routines with the current contestants dancing with one another since none of them are interesting me enough to care one way or another. Watched Mia's comments to Ade to see what the big fuss was about and that is it. Didn't see any other comments and other than watching Alex going out, didn't watch any of the result show either (except for Mia's non apology).

And I think that's the way the rest of the season will go, I'll watch whatever you guys are talking about (for or against) and then pretty much delete it after that.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3976358;
    I'm curious as to which dancer will pick up Alex's votes now that he is out. I believe most viewers will continue to watch since they are invested in the season... and there is nothing else on tv!

It is interesting that as good as some dancers are technically, they don't connect with the audience. Good technique doesn't always equate to good performances. Some of my favorite dancers and performers are better showman than technically skilled. I don't see Billy as being a great performer even though he is a really gifted and skilled dancer. Kent's performance is too over the top, as the judges point out, it does distract from his dancing. Alex has a nice combination of everything.

FORT Fogey

I know I am definitely not as committed now, and will DVR, but probably not vote except find Lauren's # and send a few. She's the only other one that seems to connect even a little to me. I like seeing the all-stars, but will just fast forward to see things I like. If there were more newbies, like a regular season, I'll bet there were some who would have gained a following... the problem with the judges just setting the top 10 on performance and skill (aka Robert), by now I'm sure there would have been several surprises that would not have been in their top 10 and we would have been really enjoying them! On to next season!

+ Reply to Thread