+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/8 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/8 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3970843;
    oHHHHHHHHHHHHH i SO CALLLED THAT!.. Of fricken course they staged that apology because it was callled for. She blew her credibility last nigh and she may never be able to revover. Thank you Niglel, and good luck Mia for any recovery. Not sure she can do it and I even liked her!!!!!!
    In my opinion, she blew her credibility a long time ago. I do not like her, and no staged apology is going to make me like her. She doesn't care about those kids, she's all about Mia, and none of her advice is designed to be constructive or help them improve.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;3971186;
    No, they danced together in the auditions, which were aired on the show. Therefore, they've danced together on the show. Saying that it's the first time they've danced together on the show is just a marketing ploy.
    Its the first time they danced a routine on the show. The other was just film clips of the audition, really not the same thing.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3972335;
    Its the first time they danced a routine on the show. The other was just film clips of the audition, really not the same thing.
    Cat's exact words were "on our stage", which is true and sufficient, especially as we did see the audition clip in the package.

Just getting a chance to jump in now from last night's show.

So sad that Alex is gone but he needs surgery and he needs to get better.

Now about MIA, omg, I thought she was wayyyyyyyyyy off base on Wed night. And I will say I am glad she apologized to Ade last night BUT I am betting she was BOMBARDED with emails after her remarks ... (because they were rude and hurtful) hence, her stepping up and apologizing.

Now last night she is telling Ade she loves him ...

I think the show only needs Nigel and Adam ... why are there always 3 or more judges on these types of shows?
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Annika;3971247;
    Not a good week for Mia.
    Mia is a brilliant artist who is on a reality tv show - and it has brought out her genius but also has in my opinion fed into some of her weaknesses as a person. In the end, she is on a judge's panel and being an *sshole at times can be good for ratings. In other words, she has made a deal with the devil -- TV reality land -- which has given her an avenue to share her art but also has her playing a "role" as judge. I for one hope that she decides in favor of her art and gives up the judge "role" next season so that she can concentrate on her creative side. If as a choreographer she wants to be a jerk to her own dancers from time to time, I'm all for that. However, being a jerk as a judge and giving insincere apologies really doesn't further her art or her humanity. I hope she sees that, too.
    Well said, Annika! I agree wholeheartedly that Mia ought to stick to choreographing. The other thing she does that astounds me, (in all fairness, other judges have been guilty of this) is the pronouncement of "favourites". As in, "You are my favourite female dancer." I can never think of any competition where a judge was allowed to divulge such information. After all, isn't impartiality the cornerstone of judging? Can you imagine a judge saying this?: "Well, you know Miss Vemont,you are my favourite brunette!" :nono
    Her comments are clearly outside the realm of constructive criticism. Where's Mary when you need her?!
    Kudos to Cat for standing up to the lot of them and calling it as she saw it!
    So, where can we send Alex get well cards? The show will not be the same without him!
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3971187;
    Yup that played out pretty much like I said in my post from last night. Snore. Get well soon, Alex!

Mia's apology was very backhanded and it wasn't heartfelt. She made an excuse (I'm just so passionate....) for why she did what she did. It made her apology cheap and meaningless.

And speaking of what Mia said last night...if it was so horrible (which it was), why did they have to replay that entire segment and what she said all over again- it was bad enough hearing it the first time. I'm sure Adechike just looooved hearing it a second time as well. Geesh...poor kid.
    No kidding! Did anyone happen to catch Sean Cheesman's expression as he listened to her comments to Adéchické? His frown and head shaking said it all! He looked rather miffed. I suspect he may have had a post-show chat with Mia.
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3972033;
    I probably should say that he needs to look at previous seasons and see what all potential dances he could have to do, see how many could reinjure his detached Achilles' tendon and them make a decision. This isn't some rinky-dink injury that can easily be healed and move on - he's going to be healing for at least three months, if not more. Had it been more severe, he could've practically ended his career. That's where he has to really consider the issues regarding training, dance and the like in these contests.
    I had mine reattached (and it also pulled the bone apart in my foot, so the remaining bone had to be reshaped and the pulled off fragment removed), and it was 8 weeks (maybe 6 for Alex who is younger) in a cast that keeps the foot kind of pointed down, so you really can't do anything; then the tendon has to be stretched the incha or so taken out by the surgery-- that's another 3 months of hard hard physical therapy and still uncomfortable and easily tired for another 6 weeks or so. But by about 9 months my foot felt tons better and really stronger than it was before; I don't think Alex will be limited at all by this injury once he's healed. This type of repair, while a LOT more involved than they make it sound on tv, actually results in a tendon attached at least as strongly as it was before, if not more so like mine, as long as the PT is done every day, as often as you are supposed to do it, which I'm sure Alex will.
    I'll be looking for him to perform whatever he likes even if he does not come back as a contestant.

I didn't like Mia's remarks or apology either, but I hate that it will probably allow Adechike to stay around. I'm was really hoping he would be voted off, and I think Mia's remarks saved him.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I can't believe Billy was in the bottom two 2 weeks in a row! Like Schenkman said, he is a brilliant dancer. I wore out my hand calling in votes for him. My brother thinks America is just prejudiced against guys who seem gay. Whatever the reason, there are so many others who should have been in the bottom - definitely not Billy! For instance, why is Robert still there?

Btw, I fast forward through almost all of the judges' comments, so what did Mia say on Wednesday that she had to apologize for?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3972903;
    Btw, I fast forward through almost all of the judges' comments, so what did Mia say on Wednesday that she had to apologize for?
    After Adechike's Bollywood dance, Nigel made a comment about how he would have liked Adechike's moves to be more precise. Cat called Nigel out for that comment because they did nothing but praise Jose's Bollywood a few weeks ago, which wasn't that technically great either.

And after that, Mia defended Nigel's comment by saying something like, "Well, Jose has heart." And after the studio audience finished booing, she proceeded to say how much she missed Alex, which I (and obviously a lot of other people) thought was incredibly disrespectful of Adechike. Not only that, but trying to excuse the judging inconsistencies with "well, this person has heart and you don't"...I just think that the judges are so biased, it's sickening, and that was a lame attempt to defend that favoritism.

I miss Mary Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3972903;
    She also said that his first routine was full of doughnut holes and when clearly nobody got it, she proceeded to explain a couple of times that it was empty, nothing but emptiness. She's trying very hard to come up with cute little catch phrases to make herself hip and relevant (muderation????) that she's coming off as a mean spirited inarticulate fool.

What she said hurt Ade deeply, you could see it in his eyes and not only that it was so inappropriate that you could see it in the reactions of Alex, the choreographer, and even Nigel and Cat. Nigel even attempted to say she was being an idiot (not in so many words, of course) at one point during her personal attack of the kid but Cat rushed them along because they were running out of time.

I'm positive she was taken to task by Nigel, Cat, and some of the choreographers after the show and the general public via tweeters and emails and that is the only reason she "apologize".

I've forgotten (but have since been reminded) that she has a nasty history of attacking dancers personally after doing a routine with them. She did it to Benji and Heidi (and never let up on Heidi, I do believe that was the start of her personal attacks that went well beyond being constructive and disliking the routine to downright making it clear she hated the contestant).

I also miss Mary, I'd take her screaming, manic laughing, over Mia any day. All over the internet there are calls for a hot tamale train to arrive and run over Mia, I'm echoing that.

Finally, this woman is more than twice the age of this kid and she should be acting not only her age but also as a mentor with great wisdom and knowledge to give these emerging dancers. Instead she's behaving like a mean spirited teenager, shame on her.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread