+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/8 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

To the Point

Re: 7/8 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by abbiebrock;3970851;
    If he was ticked off , he should stop dancing.

He was weak last night. He lost his contact excuse the first time, then another very weak performance.
    Adechike' (sorry for misspelling)--does not always put his heart into a dance. His hip Hop was the first we "saw" him supercharged.
    IMHO--Mia doesn't just dish out apologies, she probably saw the playback and thought she was a little rough. I say a little, I mean a little.
    People get ticked off all the time. It's not about whether they get ticked off or not, it's about whether they can move on and still manage to work with the individual who may have ticked them off. We haven't seen any evidence to suggest that Adechike will not do just that.

Mia has no excuse. That wasn't about critique, it was about being hateful and unprofessional. Critique would imply that she had actually made useful and constructive comments. There was very little in what she had to say that could be used to become a better dancer, and what little there was became buried in the nastiness that followed. She should be old enough and professional enough to do better, not just know better, but DO better. This show may be about finding America's favorite dancer, but they like to talk about these dancers taking what they say to heart and becoming better, Mia has shown that she can be very counter-productive to that end.

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA

I have a comment and a question....

Comment - I guess I haven't had much of a problem with Mia. I am glad Mary is gone - she gave good advice, but she grated on my nerves. Mia I would rather see as a choreographer for the show, not a judge. I like Adam's input - he is helpful.

I to am very sorry to see Alex go. As a ballet dancer - none of the dances is in his genre - so he did exceptionally well! If he were to be an All Star - what genre would they put him in? (that's not my question). I too may not watch much now that Alex is gone. I will record and FForward to the routines - but I won't even vote anymore, I don't care.

The other problem w/ Alex being out is that this will hurt sales for the tour - if they have one. Idol is struggling w/ that too since they did not have any outstanding stars (except Chrystal)

Question: How far into the competition will the judges be doing the elimination? When does the audience take over w/ their voting?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3971508;

1. I think the next three months as he is recovering he's going to do an analysis of his time on this show and everything it entails on and off stage. They have to dance just about every single day - rehearsals and show, and sometimes this can be very taxing on the body of even the best trained dancers.

I'm sure he's used to that kind of training. He was with a company and they work their butts off. Maybe even more so than what he was doing on SYTYCD.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3971645;
    I'm sure he's used to that kind of training. He was with a company and they work their butts off. Maybe even more so than what he was doing on SYTYCD.
    True, but let me temper my comment a bit more. Unlike when he was in his dance group, Alex was learning dances he's not used to. When you do that, you are more prone to injuries. Bollywood is a very active dance - and while AdeChike got criticized a bit for it, those leaps are also part of it.

I probably should say that he needs to look at previous seasons and see what all potential dances he could have to do, see how many could reinjure his detached Achilles' tendon and them make a decision. This isn't some rinky-dink injury that can easily be healed and move on - he's going to be healing for at least three months, if not more. Had it been more severe, he could've practically ended his career. That's where he has to really consider the issues regarding training, dance and the like in these contests.

Now, I do think he can do it, but if it means possibly ruining his career, I would rather hear about Alex being on Broadway or an all-star for the show so we can see his talent without him worrying about winning the grand prize and overdoing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3971545;
    His solo, where he stood there clapping with this awful stank look on his face as if he were pissed off and wondering how dare America do this to him when he is so awesome, really illustrated your point.

Whether or not this is the real Billy (what was shown with that clapping and that look) who knows but it is the way he is projecting himself and since we only have that to go off (not knowing him personally and not being shown anything else) it is what he is viewed as.
    I really truly think that Billy is going to go before AdeChike (which I wouldn't mind, but going by the judge's POV) if he continues to act this way. He's not endearing himself to fans, and that's why some of the - whom people see - as weak dancers are going to stay over him.

Personally, I think they're all great dancers - even the eliminated ones and the ones who even had the guts to audition. While I'm too old to compete anyway, I am not sure I'd even have the guts to audition, and I'm not limber or talented enough in that area to have been in the top 10.

However, even I know charisma is a HUGE factor in getting votes, and that's why Billy, and I have to admit a bit with Ashley this week (though opposite - being too cheery in a ninja style dance), were in the bottom two.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3971013;
    I'm probably in the minority here...but I've said it before. Mia uses the show and makes it all about Mia. The heaven dance tonight, I'm sure was in memory of her mother...but she did it again. It was Mia's story and not about the dancers. It just irks me. And the apology....I'm just passionate....well, passion and hatefulness/meanness are two different things. It's no excuse.
    I'm passionate too--in my dislike of Mia. She does make everything about herself and I wish she would not have returned to the show. I really do. How many more shows is she going to ruin with her hatred and how many more contestants will she be allowed to humiliate?

I didn't watch the show but I read her apology. Is there anyone in the world that believes her when she says, "I love you"? An insincere apology is just another insult, adding salt to the wound.

I'm surprised some contestant hasn't just hauled off and smacked her. That I'd pay to see.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3971290;
    Alex and Billy are two different cases IMO. Billy left after only dancing in the introduction show at the very beginning; he left before the actual performance shows began. He developed some fans after being heavily featured in the auditions, but it wasn't to a point where he had a formidable fanbase. On the other hand, Alex had been in the competition for 4 weeks and was the biggest threat to Kent for the title. If he were to be brought back as a contestant, I would bet that he would at least make it very far into the show, if not win.
    I am in total agreement with this. Alex was undoubtedly one of the most popular dancers on this season, if not THE most, and he was my prediction to win. Since both the judges and the public absolutely loved him, whoever happens to win this season is going to be compared to him. And if he comes back next season, people will remember him and he'll probably get a lot of additional votes because of his comeback story, even if his dancing isn't 100% of what it is now. So I think that if Alex comes back, he has a VERY good chance of winning. Plus, since he was actually competing on the show for however many weeks, he has that experience and knows what to expect from the competition, which is an additional advantage.

Don't get me wrong, I think Alex is great, but when Nigel said that he wanted Alex back next year, I hope that he meant as an All-Star (if they continue with that format, which, personally, I can't stand, but that's another post). If Alex is back as a contestant, next year's show won't be a fair competition.

And I think I saw this in another post as well, but Alex already got a bunch of exposure from the show. When he recovers, he can use that exposure to become a big star. I don't see why he would want to continue to compete on the show instead of furthering his career.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3972041;
    Personally, I think they're all great dancers - even the eliminated ones and the ones who even had the guts to audition. While I'm too old to compete anyway, I am not sure I'd even have the guts to audition, and I'm not limber or talented enough in that area to have been in the top 10.
    The talent pool has consistently gotten better over the years. There are some cringe-worthy dance train wrecks from seasons 1-4, but this year while I might not have enjoyed all of the dances, none of them have been total disasters.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLamb;3972158;
    And I think I saw this in another post as well, but Alex already got a bunch of exposure from the show. When he recovers, he can use that exposure to become a big star. I don't see why he would want to continue to compete on the show instead of furthering his career.
    This is kind of the "stay in college or go pro" sort of argument college athletes have, I suppose. But SYTYCD is indeed such a springboard that it may be worth Alex going back. There are very few venues in dance that have as broad an audience as the show: even if he could be more prominent in the dance field by going back to a ballet company (or Broadway or whatever), he'd get far more public exposure on the show.

Still, he does need to think hard.

Alex coming back would not be right. Not right for him, not right for the show, not right for the viewers (why watch a 13 week long show where you already know the ending?), not right for all of the other contestants. We've already seen in previous seasons what a huge boost a contestant's editing prior to the first week can do to a fan base - and how far that base can carry an average contestant... his fan base, having already competed for several weeks, is WAY larger - it wouldn't even be a competition.

Mia. Good grief. First let me say, "BETTER THAN MARY" - couldn't stand the cacklefest, and literally hit mute on her turn the past 3-4 seasons. And her critique .... when she's ACTUALLY CRITIQUING, is often spot on. But every season there is something where she embarrasses herself and the show - this year's being among the worst. She is so all about herself that she's unaware of what she's saying sometimes. (As an aside ... anyone else notice how she somehow managed to make her apology about her, and not AdeCheke.)

And her choreo. I will admit that she's had several BRILLIANT routines. But she's also had several What-the-heck-was-that routines. The ones I dislike the most are the ones (Tyce too) where they have to explain to us what the dance is about BEFORE the dance. A great routine doesn't need an intro or explanation - the audience should "GET" it without help. If it requires explanation, then you didn't do a good enough job making the dance speak to the audience.

+ Reply to Thread