+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/8 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: 7/8 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by goofyme;3970904;
    Twice I heard them say Alex would be invited to come back next season. Did I dream that? Do you think he would come back??? He looked like this was the end of the road.

I would be honored if we could get a whole season on Alex in addition to this season! PPPPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEE let this be a dream come true!
    Total awesomeness!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3970829;
    For the record, Anya is not the best ballroom dancer to be on this show (or in the world as Nigel likes to say)....Heidi is. Anya's feet are horrible! If you want proof of how much better Heidi is over Anya then just go look at any of the ballroom clips of Heidi's when she was on this show and watch her feet...they fly! They move faster than anything I've ever seen (I don't consider her the best in the world but she is the best to be on this show).

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3970827;
    Special All-Star treat: For the first time ever on SYTYCD Anya and Pasha dance together!
    Considering that they're professional partners, didn't they audition for SYTYCD together? Didn't watch Season 3, but if they did, then didn't they already dance together on SYTYCD?
    Revenge is ice cream.

Poor mia, I love her work as a choreographer, but a job as an actress is not in her future.
    (generally, when people are lying they tend to repeat themselves in an effort to sound both more earnest and, ironically, "believable"..& gosh it was so obvious I was cringing).

I'm probably in the minority here...but I've said it before. Mia uses the show and makes it all about Mia. The heaven dance tonight, I'm sure was in memory of her mother...but she did it again. It was Mia's story and not about the dancers. It just irks me. And the apology....I'm just passionate....well, passion and hatefulness/meanness are two different things. It's no excuse.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;3971002;
    Considering that they're professional partners, didn't they audition for SYTYCD together? Didn't watch Season 3, but if they did, then didn't they already dance together on SYTYCD?
    They auditioned together, but never danced together on the show. Anya was eliminated with Hok just before Top Ten, when the contestants change partners.

So sad to see Alex hurt and out. I'm a little embarassed to admit there were a few tears in my house tonight!

I wish Mia had refrained from the apology to Adechicke. She was hateful last night and only rubbed salt in the wounds tonight as she defended what she said. And what she said wasn't constructive criticism at all, it was mean and a personal attack on Chicke.

There was probably a big backlash against Mia's comments with the voting for Chickee last night since he wasn't in the bottom 3. Everyone had to show Adechickee some love!

Quote Originally Posted by goofyme;3970904;
    Twice I heard them say Alex would be invited to come back next season. Did I dream that? Do you think he would come back??? He looked like this was the end of the road.

I would be honored if we could get a whole season on Alex in addition to this season! PPPPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEE let this be a dream come true!
    They did say that he'd be allowed to return - Billy had to leave last season due to illness or injury, so it would only be fair to let Alex return.

That said... this injury from the sound of things could've been a career ender for Alex, so he may reconsider competing next year. That of course is a shame because he is a very good dancer - he is the first dancer in a long time that I've really enjoyed watching both here and snippets I've seen elsewhere.

But, I think he will go on to bigger and better things just from his brief time on this show.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now, as for the rest of this episode, a few things I've noticed besides the above:

1. Mia's apology sounded forced, and noticed - she did NOT say anything about the biggest offense sounded off here and elsewhere. That big offense was of course her saying that she wished Alex was there and not AdeChike. Her "passonate" reasoning didn't hold that much water when the bigger issue people had with her diatribe was not addressed.

2. Billy I feel is REALLY lucky to have had Alex leave on a medical injury. IMHO, I think Ashley would've easily advanced as Billy had been in the bottom two for the second time in a row, and as Mia and others mentioned, they WERE surprised she was there. If he doesn't get the hint this week that he is not the golden boy here (and even with Alex gone he is not), then I see him leaving in a week or so - even before AdeChike (which wouldn't bother me but Ade is not as strong of a dancer).

3. It had to be hard for Alex to watch these "voting results" knowing he was going to leave. I really wish that the judges would just cut to the chase for the dancer's sake - both the medically dismissed one and the contestants. They could have a dance exhibition this week or... and I think this will have to happen unless they have a final three/four (well one more than normal in the finals) a double elimination. Wasn't going to happen this week given the other two nominees, but still.... it was possible.

4. I love the show showcasing alumni from previous seasons, and thought the salsa was very good. Maybe not the best I've seen, but it indeed was enjoyable. My favorite bit between Anya and Pasha was when she did the full turn spinning out from between his legs in that slide thing. (No, I don't know dancing terms, but it was cool).

So now that Alex is out (who probably would've won this season or been in the finals due to popularity and dancing), I'm pretty much rooting for anyone to win other than Billy. I just feel that he thinks he's got it in the bag, and I feel there are other and better dancers than him.

As great of a dancer that Alex is, I don't think he should be invited back next year. SYTYCD hopefuls shouldn't even try out for the show if that's the case, since Alex is a shoe-in to win (or at least make it very far). I hope that when Nigel said that he's invited back next year, he's coming back as an All-Star.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3971029;
    They auditioned together, but never danced together on the show. Anya was eliminated with Hok just before Top Ten, when the contestants change partners.
    No, they danced together in the auditions, which were aired on the show. Therefore, they've danced together on the show. Saying that it's the first time they've danced together on the show is just a marketing ploy.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread