+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/7 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/7 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3969500;
    The only way Alex would leave is if the MRI does not let him continue (BTW, why was Alex benched and what did he hurt? That's something I haven't read yet, and I got in late to the show). He's done too well to not be allowed to continue by any means other than injury.
    Nigel mentioned it looks like it's his achilles. If it is, he's out. You can't really do much (and shouldn't do much) with that injury. I sincerely hope it's not, because what a huge loss for the show and missed opportunity for Alex. I'm sure he will continue to wow the world of dance, but this was such a huge chance to share his gift with the entire world. As Adam said, this is Alex's world and we are just visiting!

FORT Fanatic

The only thing that gives me hope for Alex is that they didn't seem to clearly "know" his achilles was ruptured, but were waiting on tests. My husband ruptured his playing baseball and it was clear pretty much from the get go. It hurt when he did it, but not much after that if he wasn't wait bearing but it lost function. He had surgery the next day, was casted and it took some time to repair. No MRI was called for.

FORT Fan

Alex injured his acchiles while doing split jumps in rehersal.

Everyone who is unhappy about Mia's comments to Adechike and/or other dancers she's been harsh with can go to twitter.com/dizzyfeet and give Nigel your opinion.

Nancy

Aota Bass, loved reading your post! It's great to hear from a person who is technically trained in one of these dance styles.

I very much agree with you about the girls. They were very good tonight, especially Lauren. The girl killed it! Tonight was her night. I really liked her routines with Pasha and Kent, even though I felt like the latter looked too much like a typical Neil routine. I still enjoyed it though!

If everyone noticed, I put Ashley in my signature is my favorite of the season. It took a while for me to develop a favorite, but she's slowly sneaking up there. Not up to the level with my past favorites like Katee (great seeing her tonight!) and Ashleigh, but I like that she's sort of the dark horse of this competition. She's a great dancer, and if she dances well enough each week, she might just take the title...

...she would have to go through Kent's act first though. I really don't like the "oh shucks" attitude he plays up. I think he's a good dancer, but his personality is really getting in the way of me solely focusing on his dancing and less on the other stuff. Right now, he's my least favorite.

Go Cat! I loved her before, but she has gone way up in my books. She deserves an Emmy nom just for the way she stood up against the judges. And she was spot on. The judges are very hypocritical at times, and that was definitely the case with AdeChike vs. Jose. Jose has a heart? This is So You Think You Can Be the Most Loveable now?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I feel badly for Adechike. I think it is obvious they want him to go. I feel badly for him because there was very little choreography in his first routine. It was mostly posing and flirting. I still don't think the judges really know what bollywood is. I used to watch bollywood movies on Saturdays when I was a kid and it is like Indian pop dancing with some classical Indian dance fused into it. They treat it like it is the Indian version of ballet. And Adechike's partner was really brilliant at it! They've never had anyone dance bollywood better than she did and Mia was dying the see Alex? Adechike's partner was brilliant! I did get the African dance vibe from it though. But why so harsh?
    I thought the African dance with Billy and Jose was horrible. Billy really was a broadway cat. African dance looks nothing like what he was dancing. Jose was dancing more like a cave man. Flop!
    My favorite was Kent and Lauren. And I really dislike both of them. "Lucky" for them that they "happened" to get a contemporary routine danced by two contemporary dancers. What "luck!" But I did really enjoy it.

Alex was the only one who could stop Kent's direct march to the winners spot and if he is out? This show will become boring and predictable. The over hyping we are seeing of some of the contestants is the judges/producers desperate attempt to stop this from happening. They know how the voting is going, they aren't so stupid or naive as to not see it coming and know that many will grow bored/disenchanted when there is one clear winner and no competition and will tune in to a different show.

Pity about Alex but this is what happens when you cast one phenomenal dancer and one insanely charismatic dancer with little regard for what the others are compromised of, they should have done a better job with the casting.

Melinda is a prime example of this....as is Cristina....they expect us to believe that Melinda was the best tap dancer they could find and Cristina was the best ballroom? Yeah right.

Hopefully Alex will be ok but he is a beast and I have a feeling that the injury is severe otherwise he would have danced through it like he more than likely has done in the past and that has me worried, I would be surprised if he continues. Poor kid, he was the only one this season who threw himself with everything he had into his routines, no holding back (this is probably why he got injured) because he was so eager to learn and be challenged and it was why he had become my favorite. It was such a joy watching him attack everything.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Glad to see they FINALLY twigged to how ridiculous the "these are the girls" intro was starting to look.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3969007;
    I think she totally out-shone Pasha in that dance. Which is saying something.
    I agree. She was really really impressive in that. Both her technique, as well as the intangibles.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-08-2010 at 05:40 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Simon Cowell:
    • Rude
    • Professional
    • Brutally honest; hurt feelings don't matter; this is music business, get used to it
    • Tells people that they are boring; should have voted them off last week; will have no career; sound like a cat falling off a building

Result: Public loves him; a national treasure; the only judge worth listening to

Mia Michaels
    • Rude
    • Professional
    • Brutally honest; hurt feelings don't matter; this is the dance world, get used to it
    • Tells people that they have no personality; should have voted them off last week; they are not as good as they think they are

Result: Bitch

Double standard?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3969682;
    Simon Cowell:
    • Rude
    • Professional
    • Brutally honest; hurt feelings don't matter; this is music business, get used to it
    • Tells people that they are boring; should have voted them off last week; will have no career; sound like a cat falling off a building

Result: Public loves him; a national treasure; the only judge worth listening to

Mia Michaels
    • Rude
    • Professional
    • Brutally honest; hurt feelings don't matter; this is the dance world, get used to it
    • Tells people that they have no personality; should have voted them off last week; they are not as good as they think they are

Result: Bitch

Double standard?
    Great Post!...yes, there is a double standard. BUT! (there is ALWAYS a "but")..I think it is in the delivery of the news that makes a difference. Mia is obnoxiously cruel in delivering her verdict (with noises, sounds, handgestures, facial expressions etc). Simon just delivers the news..matter of fact..with certainty. Although his content may be the same....his delivery is more accepted...

At least that is how I see it....(almost makes me miss the "squealing" Mary Murphy and her "hot tamale train"!)

FORT Fan

Even poor alex held his head down and shook his head when Mia was talking about how much she missed him this week, it was just wrong on her part...favortism?????????? Absolutely

+ Reply to Thread