+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/7 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/7 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Yes, that. If Nigel's reading here, he needs to know that it very painful to watch Mia bumblingly randomly tear apart a contestant in the meanest and most humiliating way. She comes across as a mean-sprited bitch looking to crush dreams. There is no valid constructive criticism at all. And now she's dressing like a fortune-teller.

Well, Nigel said he went online to read what viewers were saying about Robert and I hope he takes a look at this thread tonight!

I have watched this show from the very first episode - back when Lauren Sanchez was in Cat's role and tonight really disgusted me. This show was fun, had integrity and I used to learn from it. I suggest Executive Producer Lithgoe take a good hard look back at the show tapes himself and get this show back on track!

To the Point

Mia comes across as very petty and mean-spirited. She really adds nothing positive to this show! While I think these judges need to give good, constructive, usable criticism, I don't think there is any call for the nastiness that Mia spews! She is so obvious in her love for some and total disdain for others. I may agree with the actual points she was trying to make in regard to Adechike, but there was no need for the hateful way in which it was delivered. There was certainly no need for the comments regarding Alex. I really love to watch Alex dance, but that really added nothing of value to make those comments.

Most of the time I enjoy watching this show, but the non constructive and obviously bias criticism being consistantly lobbed at many of these dancers week after week is causing me to question just how much more I can take. I mean really...some of it has been down right nasty from Mia. Her comments towards Melinda and Adechike have, in my opinion, come across as more than hurtful and unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3969345;
    And now she's dressing like a fortune-teller.

Can anyone tell me the song that Kent and Comfort danced to? I deleted the show and then realized I forgot to go back and check
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3969391 View Post
    Mia comes across as very petty and mean-spirited. She really adds nothing positive to this show! While I think these judges need to give good, constructive, usable criticism, I don't think there is any call for the nastiness that Mia spews! She is so obvious in her love for some and total disdain for others. I may agree with the actual points she was trying to make in regard to Adechike, but there was no need for the hateful way in which it was delivered. There was certainly no need for the comments regarding Alex. I really love to watch Alex dance, but that really added nothing of value to make those comments.
    I rarely wish ill upon anybody... Who am I fooling? I wish ill upon people all the time, and whenever I've heard Mia Michaels speak open her mouth this season, I've wanted to bury the hatchet... directly into the side of her skull. Yes, I know it's an extremely violent reaction to a talking head on television, but that's just the kind of reaction she elicits from me.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Ok...I've seen season's past, but I'm getting old and the brain doesn't function like it used to, so forgive me! They automatically put Alex in the bottom 3 tomorrow night, but I think it's a given that he won't be able to perform a solo and "dance for his life" (I HATE that term) so what exactly are they judging him on against the other 2 people in the bottom 3? Is it going to miraculously have to come down to his work so far? If that's the case, than I think the other 2 shouldn't have to dance for their lives either. They should tell ole' Nigel to just go look at some old tapes of previous performances. I like Alex just fine but I'm not understanding what the judges are going to base their decision on. Realistically I know they would never send their star pupil home so it's a moot point really. I suspect there will be drama with the bottom 3 and then Nigel will announce that they just received the MRI results and Alex is 'benched' for the season, so in essence no one is really voted out. But in true Nigel fashion he won't announce this until the end, he will need to actually show us the other 2 bottom feeders just to torment them a little. Poor Alex- I feel badly for him.

On a happy note, I think it was a good show and mostly good dancing. Kent and Lauren's piece was my favorite. I loved the first "tumbling" (for lack of a dance term) pass- they were completely and perfectly in sync (paused my DVR several times to check!) and I think the ending actually felt 'real'- they seemed to really be "in" their characters and Cat had a hard time getting them "out" of them as well!

Yay Cat for sticking up for the cockeyed judging.

Man, Mia was a witch. Makes me miss Mary. Speaking of her, isn't she supposed to choreograph this year?

Where are all the choreographers? Seems like they keep repeating the same ones. I want some Disco (although I'd like a different choreographer than Doriana). Bring on the Jive or Swing or something a bit different. We've had Bollywood twice already.

I didn't like Robert's doll dance. I could see the transitions and I didn't think it really showed off his personality as much as the judges thought it was 'perfect' for that.

Ashley is a great dancer, but she just fades to the background for me. Love Dominic- wasn't crazy about their routine tonight.

Billy always seems to be Billy- he never seems to 'become' the character he is supposed to be playing- at least for me.

Glad to see the newbies dance with the other newbies- didn't realize how much I had missed that. I hope we see more of it.

FORT Fan

Im' behind because of being on the West Coast Poor Alex. I know he's hurting in more ways than one.

Lauren & Pasha’s cha cha . Muy caliente. That girl is goooood!!!

Jose (contemporary) I love the music they danced to. I think he did as well as can be expected for a b boy. He’s improving little by little. Nigel paid him a nice compliment which Jose clearly appreciated and Mia even said everyone (including herself) should be more like him. Adam called him “beloved”. Good grief. This guy could win it all. I know I’m voting for him, but for me, it’s a toss up between Jose and Adechike cuz I really like them both.

I like the routine with Kent & Comfort. I usually don’t like hip hop but this was cute. More like a Broadway number. Kent didn’t act so goofy either. He stands there with his mouth open when the judges talk to him tho’ which makes him look like “duh”.

Adechike. One of my favorites and he did not disappoint. That does it, I’m voting for him and Jose. I don’t know why Nigel said he was surprised. I felt from the beginning he’d be good. Mia said he was medeocre and I think she’s nuts. Didn’t understand Adam saying he played the same character as last week and needed to do more.

I rarely disagree with Nigel. Sometimes I think Mia just says things to sound intelligent rather than give real advice.

I’m not crazy about Billy. Don’t know why. He’s just not my cup of tea so it’s not fair for me to critique him.

Didn’t care for Ashley or Robert’s routines but it’s more because I didn’t care for the choreography of either routine because I do like Ashley and have liked other routines that she has done.

Robert seemed stiff to me.

Adechike’s bollywood was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! OMG those split jumps; I thought they would go on forever. I may be in the minority here but I think he's great.

I don’t care what Nigel and Mia said, it was awesome. Good for Cat for reminding Nigel and Mia that they said it was fun when Jose put his own spin on his Bollywood routine but are saying that Adechike shouldn’t put his own spin on it. Make up your minds people. I didn’t care for Mia’s response to that at all and Nigel sort of skirted the issue.

Lauren & Kent were cute together.

I love the quick step so naturally I liked Robert & Ashley’s routine even tho’ they weren’t perfect holding the frame.

Jose & Billy’s African dance was great. I thought each played their part very well, although the judges were less enthusiastic. Any way, I'm no dance expert.

Just for fun, if you could call it that, I Googled "Is Mia Michaels a racist?" and sure enough several results came up with people saying she is. I have a lousy memory so I can't say for sure if she's always down on black contestants or if it's just a coincidence that she was so cruel to Brandon and now Adechicke. Does anyone remember if this is a pattern with her? I hate it when people play the race card and that's not what I'm doing. It really does make me wonder tho' and apparently I'm not the only one who's had that thought.

Nancy

OK, since Mr. Nigel has admitted he and the others read these boards and blogs and such, here's a few things I want to address:

1. Stop criticizing us for our opinions on contestants. Yes, I do agree in some cases Robert is sometimes criticized unfairly for his attitude, don't treat us like morons and say we don't know everything. Of course we don't! - however, going on and on and on about Robert's work ethic is only going to make some people MORE UPSET with him (i.e. favoritism) and not vote for him, and he's a decent dancer (at least over a few others who are finalists here).

2. About Mia's comment regarding AdeChike's Bollywood dance, it is HIGHLY unethical to say that you wish that Alex was there dancing. He's not dancing, and therefore, saying something like this instead of critiquing Ade is rude and impolite. If I behaved like this, I'd be fired - and in my job I'm required to at times to give my opinion. He also had a VERY GOOD Bollywood dance, and IMHO it was better than Jose's. Yes, I do agree that some of his lunges were not low enough, but I've seen similar dances in the Indian culture. All this leads me to ...

3. STOP the bias toward certain contestants - Rob's being criticized online, the comments about Ade, and even Melinda last week. You could be seen as manipulating the results of this contest by doing that, even though I already feel that you guys get an unfair advantage in that you get final say in who leaves each week. You could have some good dancers in the bottom three, but then eliminate one just because you aren't happy with them or they're not your favorite. IMHO, Melinda last week was better in her solo than Jose, but of course Melinda was eliminated because she had been in the bottom three the past two weeks prior. I hope you give that consideration this week on whomever the bottom two are with Alex.

4. In regard to Alex, he's a great dancer and I want to see him return; however, if he is indeed not able to continue, please do the respectable thing and eliminate him this week. If he can return, give him another shot - even if the other two are Billy and other favorite you have. Billy IMHO is not that great of a dancer and should be eliminated over anyone except Jose and possibly AdeChike. And - make sure that whomever is eliminated, if Alex can't dance next week and will be eliminated because of it, bring the person here back and not make it a "double elimination" because it's your fault you chose 11 contestants. If Alex can compete - don't eliminate him because you will lose quite a few people - he's one of the few there who is growing and learning in this contest.

5. Quickstep - if people can't dance it, then DON'T use it. I personally think the duo who did it this week did it VERY well and in line with the pro/star pairs in "Dancing With The Stars." Not perfect by any means, but for a pair who didn't even know the dance and were totally lost at times in rehearsal, they did an admirable job.

Seriously - if you are wondering why this show was nearly canceled Nigel - it's because you guys show bias and make rather crass comments in regard to contestants and worse - your viewing audience. We have an opinion, and we should be respected for our opinions. If you keep criticizing us for criticizing you, this will be the last season. I can almost guarantee it with the shenanigans that I feel from the show on the judges side.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3969472;
    Ok...I've seen season's past, but I'm getting old and the brain doesn't function like it used to, so forgive me! They automatically put Alex in the bottom 3 tomorrow night, but I think it's a given that he won't be able to perform a solo and "dance for his life" (I HATE that term) so what exactly are they judging him on against the other 2 people in the bottom 3? Is it going to miraculously have to come down to his work so far? If that's the case, than I think the other 2 shouldn't have to dance for their lives either. They should tell ole' Nigel to just go look at some old tapes of previous performances. I like Alex just fine but I'm not understanding what the judges are going to base their decision on. Realistically I know they would never send their star pupil home so it's a moot point really. I suspect there will be drama with the bottom 3 and then Nigel will announce that they just received the MRI results and Alex is 'benched' for the season, so in essence no one is really voted out. But in true Nigel fashion he won't announce this until the end, he will need to actually show us the other 2 bottom feeders just to torment them a little. Poor Alex- I feel badly for him.
    The only way Alex would leave is if the MRI does not let him continue (BTW, why was Alex benched and what did he hurt? That's something I haven't read yet, and I got in late to the show). He's done too well to not be allowed to continue by any means other than injury.

There is the other possibility that they eliminate him if two of their dears are nominated for the bottom three - i.e. Robert and Billy. If anyone else is in there - particularly IMHO AdeChike, they will be eliminated over Alex or anyone else.

The reason I say AdeChike here though is simply because based on their comments, they seem to just think they "Made a mistake" casting him like they felt they did keeping Melinda on another week. It also doesn't help that Cat called them out on their comments of AdeChike's Bollywood over Jose's - who is in their opinion a dear and can't do wrong. To me these judges seem spiteful and won't stand someone telling them that they're being contradictory. I will admit that I wasn't a fan of his Jazz number, but AdeChike's Bollywood was great - and as someone mentioned, his split leaps really could've competed against Alex's.

This of course is my opinion only based on what I saw from tonight's show. I am hoping that Alex is allowed to continue based on overall work, and at worst - either he has to leave due to medical or they do a bye week and then a double elimination next week.

I just hope that if he is eliminated due to the injury, it's leaked out so I do not have to deal with any set ups on the show - which is unfair to Alex and whomever is in the bottom two of the ones who did dance.

+ Reply to Thread