+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/1 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 7/1 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3960135;
    I think maybe to "man-up" Kent a bit, they could dye his hair for one of his dances. I think it was Mollie (could be wrong) last season, but she was always the "young and cute" one and for one of her dances they dyed her hair darker (I seem to remember a tree scene in the background) and all of a sudden she appeared older and "right" for the part. Not that blonde signifies young, but just giving a dancer a different look may change people's perception of the 'cute little blue-eyed blonde boy'.
    They need to be careful in his costuming, too. Trim fit pants and a lower cummerbund would have worked so much better for the number with Allison (BTW speaking of "young and cute", what's Ivan up to these days anyway?), 'jazz face' factor aside. He's a tiny guy and they did him no favors with that costume.

That said, we haven't seen him partner contemporary, and I'll bet when he gets to do that it'll be amazing and much more mature, since I think part of the 'young' impression is coming from all of the out-of-element dancing he's been doing.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3960023;
    Billy reminds me of David Archuleta... really... They're both sweet, nice, shy, humble and needs to work with their social life; elements that usually piss certain people... Apparently, nice kids tend to be annoying to some people. sheesh.
    Well said!!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3959605;
    He was moving his mouth part of the time, but half the time stopped before the phrase was finished; I don't think he cared if we thought he was actually singing.
    I actually wouldn't care if all the girls went home first, as I don't care much for any of them. But ,if it has to be a male, even with Jose being the woorst dancer, I'd rather see Adechike go home. For some reason he just isn't appealing to me at all.
    I'm with you about Adechike. I thought the little segment before his dance with Allison(?) I'm not sure her name.. was super uncomfortable. I felt uncomfortable FOR her and saw what seemed to me a very politely fake smile and forced happy fun times mood. The dance itself was fun and I did enjoy it. But I don't think it should have taken until THIS far into the show to finally see SOMETHING out of Adechike that I liked.

I see a lot of people commenting about Robert being forgetable. I had that problem for a few weeks. I would keep forgetting who he was and that he was on the show. But when he was *on* screen I was and still am --> -->
    I'm glad he stuck around long enough for me to see what a beautiful dancer he is and not just a pretty man.

Billy... *sigh* I just don't get it. I don't understand his "quality of movement" All I see is... veloca raptor? Bird pretending to have a broken wing?
    And I want him to keep his mouth shut and his tongue IN IT.

Alex: I knew from the start he was a flawless *dancer* but I wasn't feeling him as a person. I feel it now. Oh yes indeed.
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 07-02-2010 at 02:02 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I wanted to comment on NappyTabs again. I just rewatched Lauren's routine by them and Alex's. I have to give them this....they seem to be trying to get us to focus on the new dancers and not the all star. With Lauren, they gave her a small solo where her partner was in the background and with Alex, Twitch was often behind him dancing instead of beside him. Both times, my eye was drawn to the newbie and not the AS. Gotta give them credit for that.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

The overpraising is killing me! I can't stand it. Everything is the "best ever!" Oh, please!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3960330;
    The overpraising is killing me! I can't stand it. Everything is the "best ever!" Oh, please!
    That was the best comment ever, RealityLovesMe!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3959936;
    I agree. It doesn't matter. I will tell you my experience. I was a professional dancer in NYC many years ago. I was friends or at least friendly with most of the people. In all my dance classes around the city I rarely if ever had straight guys in there. I assume male dancers are gay unless I'm convinced otherwise - lol
    If it doesn't matter, why bring it up at all? Just asking

Nancy

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois;3960023;
    Billy reminds me of David Archuleta... really... They're both sweet, nice, shy, humble and needs to work with their social life; elements that usually piss certain people... Apparently, nice kids tend to be annoying to some people. sheesh.
    I don't think it's their "niceness" that annoys people. A person can be nice without being icky.

Both Billy and Kent get on my nerves but especially Kent. They remind me of those little kids that constantly try to get your attention by being overly cute. I just want to tell him to GROW UP.

Nancy

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3960330;
    This group is the best ever in the history of reality groups!!

Nancy

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3960308;
    I'm with you about Adechike. I thought the little segment before his dance with Allison(?) I'm not sure her name.. was super uncomfortable. I felt uncomfortable FOR her and saw what seemed to me a very politely fake smile and forced happy fun times mood.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Adechike has a very good chance of winning this thing now that he's come out of his shell. Alex is good but Adechike may be better or at least as good.

Nigel has said time and time again that the dance steps are just part of it. Personality is a big factor so even tho' I'm picking Adechike, Alex, Ashley and Lauren as front runners, Jose may just pull a "Russell" and win it on personality.

Even tho' he takes the competition just as seriously as the others do, he doesn't seem to get uptight the way they do, which sometimes keeps a competitor from enjoying the process. Clearly Jose is enjoying every minute and is very appealing to the audience just as Russell was last year.

I believe Both Russell and Jose come from humble backgrounds and that may be the secret ingredient. They weren't handed everything or haven't had the advantages that some of the other dancers have had. ie: the best schools, the best teachers, etc. so maybe they are hungrier than the others and appreciate the opportunity more so enjoy it more. It's like if someone like Donald Trump gets a million dollars and then a homeless person gets a million. Who's going to appreciate it more? Enoy it more? Smile about it more? Just a theory.

Nancy
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 07-02-2010 at 04:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast