+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/1 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 7/1 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

I'm so glad Melinda was voted off last night. She did not belong on this show (a very weak dancer, for sure) and I hate that she displaced someone that did. Having survived 2 eliminations, it's a shame that better dancers left before she did.

I agree that Billy does not have the best social skills and can't dance the male role when he has a partner. On the other hand, Robert acts goofy and somewhat wussy off stage, but the minute he dances, he definitly becomes that strong male figure. Still think that Billy has the fanbase that Robert does not have, so Robert will probably go before Billy.

Alex is my favorite dancer so far. I don't know if there is any kind of dance he cannot do. Go Alex!!!

JavaJo, I love Courtney also and could just watch her dance all day too. She just gets better and better.

I agree that Adam is the best judge on the panel and gives constructive advice to the dancers. Mia (although I like her, but would scare the hell out of me if I were one of her dancers!!) and Nigel (whom I think is a DOM) say things that make one go "Huh?"
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3959826;
    Not that this matters, but is Robert gay? Bi? Neither? Sometimes I'm positive he is and other times, I'm just not sure. If I had to pick, I'd say yes. He just confuses me in the same manner that Will and Danny did. I never did figure out what their preference was...lol..
    I agree. It doesn't matter. I will tell you my experience. I was a professional dancer in NYC many years ago. I was friends or at least friendly with most of the people. In all my dance classes around the city I rarely if ever had straight guys in there. I assume male dancers are gay unless I'm convinced otherwise - lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3959861;
    Well, I think it's safe to bet that it's not going to happen next week, at least. Even if Lauren and/or Ashley end up in the bottom, there's going to be at least one guy that would join them. I think 4 girls in a row would be way too much for the judges, so the guy will probably be going. Unless it's Alex, but I highly doubt he would even be in the bottom.
    If the "voting" results stay consistant..than Billy & Robert should be part of bottom three..I for one can't see them sending their "darling" home just yet so they will sacrifice Robert, besides they are over the quota on contemporary dancers

Billy reminds me of David Archuleta... really... They're both sweet, nice, shy, humble and needs to work with their social life; elements that usually piss certain people... Apparently, nice kids tend to be annoying to some people. sheesh.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3959936;
    ... I assume male dancers are gay unless I'm convinced otherwise - lol
    I guess that's the flip side of the way most people just assume that everyone they meet is heterosexual. Either way, all these blanket assumptions do is guarantee that you will be wrong many times. But unless you're planning on dating one of these guys, it doesn't amount to much one way or the other.

To the Point

Melinda should have gone home first. To send the other two girls home before her was terribly unfair. Yes, I get that they have too many contemporary and not enough of everything else, however, they should have done a better job of casting in the other genres. I'm very hard pressed to believe that Melinda was the best they could find outside of contemporary. Melinda just has very awkward movement. She really even looks awkward in tap.

The final two girls are most likely VERY safe, which really sucks for the guys. While I think Lauren and Ashley are both talented, I think with the exception of Jose, the guys are either right there with them or a cut above.

For me it's been about Alex and Kent on the male side from the beginning, but I will throw votes to others that I enjoy from week to week depending on their dances. The two remaining females are the best of the lot, so I really have no problem with either of them, and they flip as to 1 or 2 on the female side depending on the dance, but so far I would still prefer the guys over girls this year. I hope that Jose doesn't continue to stay and stay. I like him, think he's probably a really sweet guy, but he isn't even close when it comes to talent.

Adam is by far the best of the judges so far this year. He actually has been giving real constructive criticism that has a chance of being understood and applied.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3960052;
    I guess that's the flip side of the way most people just assume that everyone they meet is heterosexual. Either way, all these blanket assumptions do is guarantee that you will be wrong many times. But unless you're planning on dating one of these guys, it doesn't amount to much one way or the other.
    It's a reasonable argument though that many of the gay dancers might have a bit more trouble with the acting portion of many of these dances which requires the simulation of sexual chemistry with a girl though. So while blanket assumptions about their sexuality may not be all that helpful or accurate, that's not to say we should pretend there's NEVER a difference between a gay male dancer and a hetero one. There often can be.

What's a bit iffy is taking that logic in reverse. In other words, seeing that one of them has zero chemistry with the ladies and assuming that means "gay".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think maybe to "man-up" Kent a bit, they could dye his hair for one of his dances. I think it was Mollie (could be wrong) last season, but she was always the "young and cute" one and for one of her dances they dyed her hair darker (I seem to remember a tree scene in the background) and all of a sudden she appeared older and "right" for the part. Not that blonde signifies young, but just giving a dancer a different look may change people's perception of the 'cute little blue-eyed blonde boy'.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3959790;
    I have been wanting Melinda to go home for weeks now. I am still not satisfied. Two really great dancers went home so she could stay and those 2 women had potential to do great things. Melinda stayed far too long.
    I am SO with you there - my thought's exactly!

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE
    They should have kept Alexie the first week. It sucks that she had to be up against a ballroom dancer and a tapper while she was the typical contemporary/jazz dancer. That probably factored into the judges' decision. But I think she would have been able to build a fanbase if she had gotten a good routine the 2nd week.[/QUOTE]

That's for sure...and the comments Wednesday were the shadowing of the discussion - which "different" girl should go - and they picked Cristina when Melinda was SO obvious to all the rest of us...what were Mia and Adam thinking?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast