+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/1 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 7/1 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3959518;
    Did Ne-yo sing any of that? I was only half watching, but I didn't see any actual singing.
    He was moving his mouth part of the time, but half the time stopped before the phrase was finished; I don't think he cared if we thought he was actually singing.
    I actually wouldn't care if all the girls went home first, as I don't care much for any of them. But ,if it has to be a male, even with Jose being the woorst dancer, I'd rather see Adechike go home. For some reason he just isn't appealing to me at all.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thank you TopCatDC!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3959586;
    That was O Fortuna from the cantata Carmina Burana by Carl Orff.
    It's one of my favorite pieces, but I think it's getting over-used on this show. We've already heard it at least twice this season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Just watched last nights show and then tonights. Melinda was the right person to send home. Her footwork last night was atrocious. I'm pretty sure I could have done a more respectable job than she did and I've had zero dance training. Not sure I'd want to dance with Pasha though. Isn't that the second one he danced with that was sent packing? I think I'd have to just tell him he can dance and I'll sit here and watch, m'kay?

Billy. This is only my opinion, but I think that last season ruined him. He was a front runner (with only Jacob as competition) and the judges let him know it early on. But the talent pool wasn't as deep as it is this season. With Melinda gone, I think all the remaining dancers are much stronger than most of them last season. Billy is still in the mind set that he's the darling and has it in the bag. He's a bit too cocky for my taste, but he tries to act humble. I think being in the bottom 3 might have woken him up to the reality and hopefully lit a fire under his arse.

Adechike I can take or leave, although he does seem like a really sweet kid and all the dancers seem to love him.

Courtney....I could watch her dance all day long. That girl has grown by leaps and bounds and might just be my favorite all time dancer now.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

It was obvious that Melinda was going home. Too bad, I sorta liked her.

I think Lauren and Ashley can manage to hang around for a while. I actually would go as far as to say that they can both make the F4. Right now, Kent is the obvious front runner. Alex is creeping right up there, but he'll probably take the Neil/Danny/Brandon/Jakob runner-up position. Ashley will probably be the top girl, as she's pretty likable. And history shows that girls who don't get that much coverage during the audition rounds do pretty well in the competition from time to time (hello, Sabra and Jeanine!). And Lauren is talented enough to get the votes. I see her being the Kayla of this competition, as she's a great dancer with a strong enough fanbase, but with many people who dislike her at the same time.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I have been wanting Melinda to go home for weeks now. I am still not satisfied. Two really great dancers went home so she could stay and those 2 women had potential to do great things. Melinda stayed far too long.

FORT Regular

Melinda went home. No surprise there.

Robert reminds me of Mark. Not just the facial structure, but the performances as well.

Not that this matters, but is Robert gay? Bi? Neither? Sometimes I'm positive he is and other times, I'm just not sure. If I had to pick, I'd say yes. He just confuses me in the same manner that Will and Danny did. I never did figure out what their preference was...lol. I really like him, the bad thing is, I like Kent and Alex better, so I don't throw votes his way.

I'm really liking Adam this season. He's giving them genuine advice that they can use AND they don't have to try to decipher it like they do with Mia...

The thing that bugs me to no end is how they keep saying this routine or this dancer is the possibly the best EVER on the show. I agree that these dancers are fabulous and definitely on the higher end of the scale but are they forgetting Katee? Joshua? Brandon? Will? Jakob? And many others including season 2, which I didn't watch, so I can't name names...lol. I will agree that that was THE best NappyTabs routine yet. Although Bleeding Love was amazing.

Speaking of NappyTabs.....that routine combined with the Elvis routine tonight....I think they may have gotten their Mojo back. Those two can really stink up the joint but when they are ON, they are terrific. I hope the trend continues. I think those two are adorable.

Also, I've noticed that on occasion, the choreographer will give the contestant a small solo. Lauren had one in her hip hop and although Twitch had one, Alex did as well. I wish they all did that so we could see more of the newbies without the AS distracting us. Also, I think they could tone down the AS's costumes so we focus more on the kids. Courtney's pants for instance. They were LOUD! She rocked them, but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Who did she dance with again? I was riveted by her technicolor pants. LOL

I'm glad they are hearing us and having them dance with each other next week.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3959376;
    Which girl contestant will go home tonight??
    Still wondering if when they are inevitably down to one girl, if Cat's little speech at the beginning changes to "this is the girl" or if they stay with "these are the girls".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3959848;
    Still wondering if when they are inevitably down to one girl, if Cat's little speech at the beginning changes to "this is the girl" or if they stay with "these are the girls".
    "This is the girl..." That's too funny. I'm just imagining it now.

Well, I think it's safe to bet that it's not going to happen next week, at least. Even if Lauren and/or Ashley end up in the bottom, there's going to be at least one guy that would join them. I think 4 girls in a row would be way too much for the judges, so the guy will probably be going. Unless it's Alex, but I highly doubt he would even be in the bottom.

They should have kept Alexie the first week. It sucks that she had to be up against a ballroom dancer and a tapper while she was the typical contemporary/jazz dancer. That probably factored into the judges' decision. But I think she would have been able to build a fanbase if she had gotten a good routine the 2nd week.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast