+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 6/30 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/30 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

I don't know. I thought Twitch was so much better than Alex. That sort of made things less great for me. I thought Alex did better than I expected but Twitch is just such a genius.
    I thought Adechike did the best tonight. I thought Kent, Lauren, Melinda, and Billy needed to step it up. Billy needs to learn to pretend to like women. Lauren thinks she is sexy but doesn't realize that she actually has a masculine body type and she needs to compensate for that. Kent is becoming really annoying. Melinda doesn't even impress me in her own style. I feel badly that everyone agrees that Cristina should still be in the competition. She had a chance to do well. Melinda is just taking up space.

FORT Regular

Best performance of the night: Alex and Twitch, hands down.

FORT Regular

Nice backstage interviews with twitch, alex, and nappytabs after the routine.

'SYTYCD' Alex Wong: 'I didn't think I could do' hip-hop - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Quote Originally Posted by hykit;3958307;
    Best performance of the night: Alex and Twitch, hands down.
    I agree. Great job by Alex, although not as sharp as Twitch, but Twitch has been doing this much longer.

Although I liked Billy last season, I haven't been impressed with him much this season. Jose just shines when he's performing, and Kent's personality also is winning over fans.

The guys are so much stronger than the girls, so I'm okay with either Melinda or Ashley leaving. Unless there's another guy-male all-star pairing, we'll see less of the male all-stars if the girls keep getting let go. Translation: less chance of seeing Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3958163;
    It is possible for Robert to go..the judges still control who goes home...and they will need to whittle away at the boys while THEY have the chance. I think the voting public is behind the guys..so the girls will be picked off one by one unless the judges "save" them.
    I think he would be the male they'd ditch first if given the chance but if Melinda is in the bottom again this week she will leave. They can't say they regret keeping her and then let her stay again. That could save anyone who ends up against her tonight.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Love love love Alex!!!
    The energy in the Alex & Twitch routine was fabulous.
    For me, Melinda needs to go home, but Billy has been pretty boring and Jose has never inspired me (he can break dance and has a nice smile, but I think there needs to be more DANCING).
    My favorites right now are Alex, Robert & Adechike for the guys... and Ashley for the girls (unless Lauren improves her acting/performance ability fast).
    I'm really enjoying seeing Courtney & Lauren dance for the all stars each week... they are always fabulous and have the acting piece down pat. Can they send Comfort home??

FORT Fogey

WOW, I liked Alex before, but now I'm really impressed! I thought he did almost as well as Twitch last night, or at least looked seasoned rather than a ballet dancer! It made me jump up and clap in my living room, can't imagine having seen it live!

Melinda and Robert are just forgettable to me. Kent is bugging me lately - it was like he was a kid with a blow up doll last night and didn't know what to do...and Jose did not extend his arms in the moves...

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;3958318;
    Unless there's another guy-male all-star pairing, we'll see less of the male all-stars if the girls keep getting let go. Translation: less chance of seeing Mark.
    Why can't the guys dance together on everything but the partner dances? Remember Danny & Neil--the princes? Joshua & Twitch--the trepak? "Five Guys Named Moe"? Make the choreographers earn their pay by doing jazz, contemp, hip hop, krump, etc. for pairs of guys.

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. -- Spock, Amok Time

I think the two male hip-hop is just a hint of things to come so that we don't wind up losing all the male all-stars. Bollywood, contemporary, jazz, krump, Broadway everything but ballroom (in Nigel's eyes -- remember his reaction to the same sex ballroom audition routines?) could be done by two of the guys and look great.

Alex is once again the best of the night, if you look at his channel on (can we say the name of the place?) and see all the videos he has loaded to that site it becomes fairly clear that while he may currently specialize in ballet that he is a very well rounded dancer. There are clips of him doing everything from contemporary to ballroom and even a crazy funny "cheer" routine a la Bring It On.

I was really happy that Ade2 did so well last night, his smile makes me smile and I enjoyed seeing him shine. I hope he can keep it going because I'd love for him to over take either Billy or Kent (never Alex 'cause he's my fav!). Out of the guys, I'm fairly certain that Robert will be the first to go and may even go before all the females have been booted.

Melinda - gah, she's horrible! I thought that finally we'd see something good in the salsa when she claimed to have been doing it her whole life but no...it was more dreadful dancing. She's the Comfort of this season, she's not even good in her own style. However, the judges with their mean comments to her ensured that she will stick around another week. Maybe that was their plan all a long, get her sympathy votes so they aren't forced to boot her. Here is hoping their plan fails because I'd hate to see any of the other dancers go home before her.

Mia is trying too hard to be Sonya with her gasps, sighs, and dancegasms. It doesn't sit well on her and I really wish she would stop and go back to being nasty Mia. I can't stand the mean in her but it feels more organic than this shiny/happy/goshgee persona she seems to have adopted.

Adam is only palatable in small doses, I liked him so much better when he was a guest judge.

I like the all-stars concept, it prevents couples from being voted through just because of perceived romances. It allows the focus to be more on the actual dancing than any hook-ups that may or may not be occurring off-stage and for that reason alone I love it. It was a major peeve of mine in seasons past watching mediocre dancers advancing because GASP! they may/may not be a couple.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

So I have to weigh in on last night's performance. I liked Alex in the auditions...then he started loosing me because he was not really showing any personality or anything, but last night....WOW!! That routine was not only well dances by Alex and tWitch, but nappytabs hit the nail on the head with that routine! The best one they have ever done IMO.
    I was really pulling for Melinda to do good, but it's her time to go sadly...espically since it will leave us with barley any girls!
    Robert is awesome when he dances other people's choreography, but when he does his solos, I want him to leave! He did great with Sonya's dance last night, but then he did his solo and I was disappointed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast