+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 6/30 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/30 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Adéchiké Solo

Very strong, deliberate performance.

If i'm calculating right - the show is running short. Expect a lot of gabbing about Twitch and Alex.

Lauren Solo

Lovely girl, but not a lot of dancing there.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 06-30-2010 at 09:48 PM.

FORT Fogey

Alex & Twitch – Hip Hop – Nappy Tabs

This should be interesting! Ha! It's a therapy session! Wow - great routine, and great job by Alex. Congrats to NappyTabs and Twitch for their contributions. And the crowd goes crazy...
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 06-30-2010 at 09:53 PM.

FORT Regular

That was so entertaining. Well done, guys!

OMG is all I can say!! I loved Alex....he is definatly my pick to win.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

OK time to vote or forever hold your peace!

888 623-7801 Billy
    888 623-7802 Jose
    888 623-7803 Kent
    888 623-7804 Alex
    888 623-7805 Ashley
    888 623-7806 Robert
    888 623-7807 Melinda
    888 623-7808 Adéchiké
    888 623-7809 Lauren
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 06-30-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Once again MEH-linda was "meh"..and needs to go. Billy Bell, although talented is not working any magic (at least for me). Robert seems to have the "role" of dance hunk this year, but I am not buying that one either.

I love love Kent..his personality just sucks you in. I find it odd that "the most hireable" is a bad thing...when all is said and done with this competition it will be interesting to see what contestants have an "afterlife"...

As for Alex and Twitch..WOW...WOW....WOW! That will surely be the most memorable of this evening's performances. I thought it would be awkward to have two guys..but that was amazing! Alex was fantastic and really came to this competition with the mind to learn all he could and grow. He is certainly a front runner in my book!

Speaking of which, someone (with more "board" knowledge than I ); should start a thread for guessing who gets voted off each week, like we do for Idol. ("THE PREDICTION GAME") It is all in fun..but helps to keep the "game" going when sometimes there isn't any...jsciv is who started the thread and kept it going/scoring for us.

ETA: I think the girls are doomed this season, they are just not memorable.

Best NappyTabs routine EVAH!

Alex was fantastic...he and Twitch ROCKED it! Reminded me of that amazing Twitch/Joshua Russian Trepak! Great energy and chemistry!

I loved every second of this hip hop...A-MA-ZING....
    Ain't Love Grand!

Alex and Twitch STOLE the show tonight. I was worried for Alex, but that was amazing and SO much fun to watch!!!!!

I also enjoyed the performances by Adéchiké and Ashley. I thought Adéchiké and Lauren had a fun performance, definitely the best he has done so far. Ashley did a nice job and, while I wasn't blown away, I did like it.

Kent and Jose definitely had their charisma going for them on this show. I normally really enjoy them, but not so much this week. Kent did a respectable job, but I do think a more mature presence would have served him well in this number. I love that Jose always looks like he's having fun, but it was fairly clear that Dimitri choreographed that routine to avoid putting Jose into too many traditional ballroom positions. Smart on his part, because he made Jose look better than he would have otherwise. I do find it a tad annoying when Jose gets a technical "pass" from the judges because of his "fun factor".

Billy did a nice job, I just didn't find it all that memorable - although his solo was wonderful! Lauren also did okay, but I didn't really buy her as the bombshell.

I really dislike Melinda and Robert. I disliked Melinda's performance this week for basically the same reasons I disliked her jive. Her feet and legs just seem all wrong. (Clearly I'm not an expert here!) As for Robert, I normally really like Sonya's routines and I hoped that he would do as well as Mark does with her choreo. Unfortunately that was not the case at all. When he did her "creepy" moves, he just looked kind of icky. (Again, not an expert! ) I am hoping Melinda goes this week and Robert follows next week.

It is possible for Robert to go..the judges still control who goes home...and they will need to whittle away at the boys while THEY have the chance. I think the voting public is behind the guys..so the girls will be picked off one by one unless the judges "save" them.

FORT Fogey

Am now taking a Pilates class on Wednesdays and so just got finished watching my DVR version. (Can I just say how very much I miss watching SYTYCD with all of you?)

Bottom line, you can stick a fork in me 'cause I am done. Alex may not be the last one standing (although I think he has an excellent chance to be) but he is my favorite dancer. That was a stunning hip hop routine and how very fortunate he was to get to perform with Twitch! And to top it all off, he just seems like such a darn nice guy.

Yup. Done. Go Alex!
    Last edited by Doats; 07-01-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Just fixing an old English teacher's use of the possesive...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast