+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 6/24 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 6/24 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3949843;
    Rats! We are losing Christina, our sole ballroom person. Well, she is certainly going out on a high note with that Pasa Doble. Welcome to So You Think You are a Contemporary Dancer.
    This. So much. It's disheartening
    Surprised at Adam sending her home after what he said to her when she was revealed to be in the bottom 3. He said she was great and didn't know what happened, but he sent her home?

And oh. my. gosh. Brian's group was amazing!

I haven't watched before this season, so this is all new to me. However, I am very surprised that the judges tell who they voted for! Not sure why that surprises me (other than I haven't heard it before -- ever)......

I so so wish Melinda had gone home this week. After she's gone, we've got a real contest going!
    Team Kent SYTYCD!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3949813;
    "You're the reason why WE dance".

I know it goes against the kissy feel-goodism they are trying to promote here, but I wonder if anyone calls Mia out for the nonsense she says. Mia got into dance for a guy with scoliosis born 30 years after her? Uh, right.

Hey, didn't Christina do this IDENTICAL solo last week? She's really only got SO many moves to pull out. Heck, the tap dancer has a bigger selection.
    Mia didn't say that.

It was Joey Dowling.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3949820;
    I actually really liked Billy. He put everything into that krump routine. I thought he sold it.
    I thought so too! Not sure just why Nigel wasn't buying it...
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

I was wondering how everyone thinks/feels about the judges disclosing, on air negative feedback from choreographers? I just had an moment when Nigel did just that to Christina. I did not think it appropriate. I felt for her.
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

FORT Fan

I think that's what ultimately got her kicked off - her difficulty picking up choreography. But, she had it for the show, so maybe she just needed time to get used to picking it up quicker. But I cringed when Nigel said that.

I mean I theoretically get why they talk about costumes, hair, choreography, etc - to discuss the overall look and feel and give feedback. I wonder if the dancers have any say - like if Melinda had a fit over that awful dress would anyone re-do it. Does the choreographer choose the costumes?

But to say she was slow picking up choreography when she was already booted just seemed like kicking her when she was down.

FORT Fogey

I too thought it was odd to share which judges voted for whom in the elimination. I really don't know what their agenda is this year, but I am going to enjoy the stellar dancing and choregraphy and try not worry about it. Go Ashley, Alex, and Adechicke!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345