+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/24 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 6/24 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3949813;
    "You're the reason why WE dance".

I know it goes against the kissy feel-goodism they are trying to promote here, but I wonder if anyone calls Mia out for the nonsense she says. Mia got into dance for a guy with scoliosis born 30 years after her? Uh, right.

Hey, didn't Christina do this IDENTICAL solo last week? She's really only got SO many moves to pull out. Heck, the tap dancer has a bigger selection.

That wasn't Mia who said that in the audition, it was some other judge, I think the other Broadway choreographer but I don't remember her name.

Why do they keep Melinda around?
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fogey

Rats! We are losing Christina, our sole ballroom person. Well, she is certainly going out on a high note with that Pasa Doble. Welcome to So You Think You are a Contemporary Dancer.

FORT Regular

i'm with Nigel. I so wanted Melinda to go. She is not a good dancer. She didn't even look in Cristina's direction when she was declared safe.

Melinda's solo was the worst. She's weird. I'm hoping next week...third times the charm and she leaves. I don't even care if it's boy/girl lopsided.

I was watching Comfort when they were performing with the singer.....something is different about her. Maybe she's more feminine now? I don't know what it is. She used to look like a twig but she looks like she's filled out a bit and I think she has the most adorable figure now. She's thin and strong instead of just skinny. Not sure what it is exactly....She looks great though.

Mark....I'm gonna go there.....rolled up jeans, no shirt...I just wanted to roll around on a beach somewhere with him....LMAO! Come to momma pretty boy... Poor Courtney...beautiful girl, beautiful dancer and she looked like that shaggy sheep dog on the bugs bunny cartoons. Her bangs were over her eyes for most of that dance. Gotta give her props for dancing blind!

I love Brian. Loved that performance. I hope they have them back for the finale!!!!

Someone wanna tell me again why they thought it would be a good idea to have Mia on the judging panel?

I knew the opening dance was a Sonya number immediately. I loved it!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

To the Point

Why didn't they get rid of Melinda? She is not good! Last night when they were praising her lines I was just speechless. Thought maybe they had watched a different performance. I.do.not.get.it!

I'm with you on the wondering who thought having Mia on the panel as a regular was a good idea! She's more annoying than Mary, and I really didn't think that was possible since Mary's shrill voice had become nails on a blackboard for me.

My husband knew that the opening was a Sonya number. Now that's saying her style is distinctive.

When did Mark get so damn hot!!! He looked awesome tonight. I can't stand Melinda, they should have sent her home, maybe next week.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3949843;
    Rats! We are losing Christina, our sole ballroom person. Well, she is certainly going out on a high note with that Pasa Doble. Welcome to So You Think You are a Contemporary Dancer.
    Like everyone else, I wish it was Melinda going instead, although only Lauren stands out to me, out of the girls. Maybe the outcome would've been different had Mary Murphy still been a judge. So that leaves only 3 girls and 6 guys left. Does any one know if they plan on having a SYTYCD Tour this season? (Unlike S6) If so, how many dancers will there be since the All-Stars are part of the routines.

FORT Fogey

I keep telling you that Melinda is a plant. I don't know why Nigel pretended like he doesn't like her. She's a pretty girl who can't really dance well and seems to be friends with some semi-famous people! She's a plant! Also, they want to keep her around because she is the only attractive girl. Obviously Alexie and Cristina don't count because minority women aren't as marketable. Ashley is a minority too, right? And she looks like a young girl. And then there is Lauren ... so Melinda is probably the only one they think they can turn into a star. Don't forget she is an actress.
    I'm bummed Cristina is gone but I think she was up against the judges' favorite guy and girl. She was the best of the three last night. Too bad. I thought Melinda's solo was horrible and Robert's dancing doesn't look as good as the other guys.
    And that means another all-star male is out! Only 3 compete next week!

FORT Regular

Why is Melinda still standing? Because producers know that a little taste of Sanjaya makes the ratings buzz. At least a little... push it too far and people tune out. But make the eliminations too predictable and fair and people start tuning out then as well.

Ugh, I still hope Melinda goes home next week. I was not pleased to see how self-absorbed she was when she was told she was safe and didn't bother to hug Cristina. Granted, if she had hugged Cristina there is a good chance I'd just think she was being phony with her hugs. There is just something that comes across aloof and calculated about Melinda in her bio-clips. She might be a very lovely person, but it just doesn't radiate through the television.

I'm thrilled Robert was safe.

And I think All-Star Mark should be required to dance every week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast