View Poll Results: Who do you think is going home tonight?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melinda

6 50.00%
  • Alexie

5 41.67%
  • Christina

1 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6/17 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 6/17 Results Show *Spoilers*

As someone else pointed out Lauren went over and hit the curtains to get her point across. She clearly was in the back of the stage and was talking about how many people were on the stage dancing or learning the dances at the time. To me it made no sense for someone to think she said Koreans as it had absolutely nothing to do with what she was talking about.

FORT Fogey

The SYTYCD facebook page says something about Nigel saying more changes are coming - anyone know what the changes/spoilers might be?? I hope they've heard us!

I'm bummed that Alexei got sent home. I would have much preferred Melinda.

I know I'm late to this but I thought the teenybopper in the video with all the older folks was weird, but, mostly...I guess i'm really getting old, but did anyone else think Usher's dancers were absolutely too nasty to be on a prime time show that lots of kids watch? (And I would have been embarrassed myself had i happened to be watching at my Mom's house or something!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I think the right person went home. None of them had really great solos, but Alexie's was the worst, imo. Hate to see her go though, she seemed so sweet and had tried many times to get on, just to be the first to go home

I wish they would cut one of the acts so we could see more solo time and I didn't need to see Usher and his...shortys (trying to be polite).

When does America get to decide who goes home? Top 5?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3939979;
    The SYTYCD facebook page says something about Nigel saying more changes are coming - anyone know what the changes/spoilers might be?? I hope they've heard us!
    I'm not sure why they called it a spoiler, I wouldn't consider it that.
    All he said was that he didn't like the all-stars leaving the stage before the judges' critiques. So they'll stay there with the contestants from now.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3941291;
    I'm not sure why they called it a spoiler, I wouldn't consider it that.
    All he said was that he didn't like the all-stars leaving the stage before the judges' critiques. So they'll stay there with the contestants from now.

If that means I get to look at Pasha and Neil while they are standing still . . . hey, I'm all for it!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3939732;
    As someone else pointed out Lauren went over and hit the curtains to get her point across. She clearly was in the back of the stage and was talking about how many people were on the stage dancing or learning the dances at the time. To me it made no sense for someone to think she said Koreans as it had absolutely nothing to do with what she was talking about.
    Exactly!!!!!!!! I think people hear what they want to hear by bringing their own baggage along for the ride.

And really, if she did say something racist, do you really think Fox would air it... and air it repeatedly?

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3942946;
    Originally Posted by sclilred1
    To me it made no sense for someone to think she said Koreans as it had absolutely nothing to do with what she was talking about.
    Exactly!!!!!!!! I think people hear what they want to hear by bringing their own baggage along for the ride.
    Ohh... I would NOT go that far.

For the reason Sclilred1 stated above - "it made no sense to think she said Koreans" - I nevertheless distinctly heard "Koreans" (as apparently did plenty of other people) and spent a good amount of time confused and wondering what in the world I missed for her to say something like that. I replayed it and still heard "Koreans." For the reason that that made NO sense to me, I still wondered if I heard right, but eventually shrugged and let it go.

I very much did NOT "hear what I wanted to hear" and while I do not cop to being some kind of perfect Pollyanna, I'm not known for thinking in racist or hateful terms.

I also admit to being slow on the uptake with symbolism of ANY kind - I didn't put the 2+2 together of her hitting CURTAINS as an illustration of what she actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3942946;
    And really, if she did say something racist, do you really think Fox would air it... and air it repeatedly?
    No, I don't. Which is why I thought there must be something I was still missing about "Koreans," like maybe she was grouped with a couple Korean contestants they didn't highlight/pimp who must have been REALLY good and therefore made her nervous about having to try out amidst them. I tried to look at the others she was dancing with in that segment to see if they appeared Asian, and not seeing that, was still confused.

The whole thing didn't make sense to me in the context of what I "heard" and thought she said. Now that I've read here what she ACTUALLY said - CURTAINS! - it makes COMPLETE sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3940378;
    I know I'm late to this but I thought the teenybopper in the video with all the older folks was weird, but, mostly...I guess i'm really getting old, but did anyone else think Usher's dancers were absolutely too nasty to be on a prime time show that lots of kids watch? (And I would have been embarrassed myself had i happened to be watching at my Mom's house or something!)
    I think Usher would be the least of our worries. The young dancers are often asked to thrust and grind, dance romantically on beds, smack and grab their partner's naughty parts ... Didn't they have to edit one of Travis Wall's contemporary routines?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234