View Poll Results: Who do you think is going home tonight?

Voters
12. This poll is closed
  • Melinda

6 50.00%
  • Alexie

5 41.67%
  • Christina

1 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6/17 Results Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/17 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3938895;
    Ok. This is bugging me. I want to like Lauren. The girl has so much talent and she seems so sweet....BUT.....during Hollywood week, they showed a clip of a blonde girl bitching about dancing with the "Asians" AGAIN! They showed it twice. I keep thinking it was Lauren but I just don't know for sure. If it was her, then I won't be rooting for her. But I also don't want to hold it against her if it wasn't her. Anybody know?
    If it's the clip I'm thinking of, that was Lauren. But she was making a joke about how she keeps ending up dancing with the "curtains" (which she then illustrated by hitting them). But some people misheard her and thought she said "Koreans"...which would make absolutely no sense.

Poor thing. I've seen a few negative comments toward her because some people thought that's what she said.

Yeah, she said the number of people were shrinking yet somehow she was still dancing with the "curtains" half the time, as in off to the side of the stage.

FORT Fogey

Melinda is safe? Ugh! Nigel is totally her baby daddy or something! Poor Alexie! She was the victim of a crappy Nappy Tabs routine! So I guess the first 5 contestants voted off will be women. Say goodbye to the all-star men! They are going too!

When I saw which ones were in the bottom three tonight I knew that Alexie would be the one leaving. Afterall, there are two other girls that do contemporary that were safe. I guess that America clearly didn't care if she (Alexie) left or not. I know I didn't. I was glad that they kept the salsa dancer and the tap dancer, there were to many contemporary dancers to begin with as there is every season.

FORT Fogey

Awww, she tried so hard to get on this show and she was first one going home Well, one of my favs down.

That was completely predictable. The guys will be safe all the way to the end with the girls being picked off one by one, mostly because they picked a really weak group of girls in comparison to the boys but also because the boys always fair better in the voting.

I had predicted that it would be Melinda, Adechike and either Cristina/Ashley/Alexie with them because the last three girls are pretty much interchangeable also that the cuteness and non-threatening nature of Cristina would keep her safe over Alexie. I thought Melinda was gone because I didn't think she was getting that much support, I actually would have preferred she left since she was the weakest last night.

I also agree that it will wind up being 6 guys standing and then they will start picking them off based on nothing other than the cuteness factor.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

It's like I reminded my husband last evening: This is not about the BEST dancer but the FAVORITE dancer. The voters are making selections based on far different criteria than dancing skill, ability to move the viewer, etc. I too think it will be all males for the final groups...and that's fine with me.

FORT Fogey

Voters gotta watchout this season though...cause to get to see our fav all stars Neil, Pasha and Mark there's gotta be women dancers ;-)

FORT Fogey

I was one of those viewers who thought Lauren said she was still dancing with the "Koreans." Thought it VERY odd that the editing left that statement in. Now I wish that they would make it VERY clear she said "curtains" so that the voting public knows this as well. I think that would be only fair for Lauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;3939573 View Post
    I was one of those viewers who thought Lauren said she was still dancing with the "Koreans." Thought it VERY odd that the editing left that statement in. Now I wish that they would make it VERY clear she said "curtains" so that the voting public knows this as well. I think that would be only fair for Lauren.
    I heard "Koreans" as well, but I don't find that offensive really, since, in b-boy culture, many of the top B-boys are actually Korean, so to me it felt more like a complement on the Korean dancers than anything overtly racist.

Still not sure how anybody could have heard "curtains", but if she said that, doesn't really change my perception of her.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast