AdéChiké Torbert - Season 7

AdéChiké Torbert

Nickname(s): Adé, Chiké, Cheeks, Adébedooks, Deezy
    Hometown: Queens, NY
    Expertise: contemporary...with a hint of flavor
    Favorite Dancer: Desmond Richardson
    School: Boston Conservatory and New World School of The Arts
    Professional Work: Commonwealth Ballet, freelanced with many choreographers
    Has worked with: Desmond Richardson, Bill T. Jones, Jennifer Muller, Murray Lewis.

AdéChiké Torbert was inspired to begin dancing at age 6 by his older brother, who is also a dancer. Torbert describes his style as "contemporary...with a hint of flavor." In addition to dancing, he enjoys cooking and fashion.

AdéChiké's bio at FOX
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 06-13-2010 at 09:45 AM.

FORT Fogey

Re: AdéChiké Torbert - Season 7

nice favorite dancer: Desmond Richardson!

Go Cheeky! I like him. He reminded me a little of Brandon in his solo.

Mods: Photo hosted by me.

Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

He's adorable in these photos.

He looks so young and this bug eyed expression in his dynamic photo isn't helping his cause, odds are really bad for him (bookies, gotta love them! LOL) making it far in this competition.

FORT Fan

I think he's going to surprise everyone. Maybe even win if Jose doesn't win on personality the way Russell Furgeson did last year. I was for Brandon when others were saying he was too full of himself, etc. and he came in 2nd soo -- you never know.

Nancy

I think he's a beautiful dancer to watch and is quite adorable.
    I felt so sad for him after Mia's comments this week.
    I accept and understand that she's passionate about dance, but she seems equally passionate in the disliking she takes to certain dancers.

Top marks to Cat for pointing out the judges hypocrisy in praising Jose for adding his own "flavour" to his Bollywood routine but criticising Chike for doing the same thing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

I didn't watch last night but I read that Mia apologized to him for her rude remarks.

Whose shoes are these anyway?: Mia Michaels, Frustrated and Passionate, Apologizes to AdeChike on SYTYCD (Spoiler)

I would have liked to have seen that, but do you think her apology was sincere? I don't.

Remember when she insulted Brandon year before last and Mary Murphy got really upset with her and said, "I can't sit here and listen to this"?

Another time, Debbie (forgot her last name) was a guest judge and Mia interrupted her and Nigel said, "You've had your say, Let someone else talk". Maybe that's why she left; because of other judges disagreeing with her or maybe she was suspended for being so rude all the time. We probably would have heard about it if Nigel asked her to leave. More than likely she would have left in a huff for the other judges "judging" her.

I guess we'll never know but I have my suspicions.

As for Ade bringing his own "flavour" to the dance, shouldn't that be "flavah"?

Nancy

I forgot I had posted that about him, my comments were based off his photos and audition and now I'm not sure they are still valid. I think Mia attacking him the way she did helped his cause and he may go very far plus I have a boat load of respect for the kid, he stood there and took it when I would have flown across the stage and been hauled off by security.

Probably a good idea I'm not on this show then haha.

I miss Mary so much! I miss any sane judge who doesn't take a personal dislike of a contestant and then proceeds to hurl mean and hurtful personal things at the contestant.

(I think it really started to manifest with Heidi and when she saw that she was getting away with that it just got more and more out of control till it came to a head with Brandon and she vanished from the show for awhile only to come back and do it all over again, maybe this time when she leaves she will stay off the judges table permanently).

I'm hoping Ade wins if for no other reason than it's giant "so there!" moment to the wicked witch of the dance world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast