Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alex Wong - Season 7

FORT Fogey

Alex Wong - Season 7

Alex Wong

Nickname(s): Wong Wong, Wongy, Wongaroni, Fatty
    Hometown: Vancouver, BC
    Expertise: Ballet
    Favorite Dancer: than Stiefel, David Hallberg, Herman Cornejo, & Renan Cerdeiro
    School: No.
    Professional Work: American Ballet Theatre (NYC), Miami City Ballet
    Has worked with: Twyla Tharp

Alex Wong is a former principal soloist with the Miami City Ballet. He was awarded his position with the ballet at age 17 after winning the prestigious "Prix de Lausanne" competition. Wong also sings and plays the piano.

Alex Wong's bio at FOX
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 06-13-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Re: Alex Wong - Season 7

I don't know that he can win, but he's my favorite of the season. He's incredible.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love watching him dance.

I would suspect Kent's "aww shucks" cuteness is making him a front runner and if he contines to dance well I think he'll be hard to beat.

Alex really is beautiful to watch though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

That's Alex "Freakin'" Wong to you!
    Team Kent SYTYCD!

To the Point

Love Alex and Kent! Alex is absolutely beautiful to watch.

I was really looking forward to this season, and Alex is the reason!! Beauty in motion....ahhhhh.

Mods: Photo hosted by me.

Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

His personality is really dry and I think it affects his performances. I just don't feel it. Anyway, he's a monster! Really great! He is the most talented dancer on the show this season. Unfortunately, I think he might be the worst performer. If he doesn't win, that will be why.

After last night, I think he gets it. He understands that he has to bridge that emotional gap and engage the viewers, so watch out!!

I think he is the best dancer, hands down, and he has personality to spare (could give some of it to Lauren F and Billy B) and just has to bring it to the stage and get the judges to understand that a dancer doesn't need to be GOLLY GEE HUGE SMILE LOOK AT ME! all the time to be a performer.

Every season the judges harp on and on about pointing the toes and feet and I never fully understood what they meant till I saw Alex in action. He leaps and he points his feet and it makes a huge difference in the way the leap looks, he's just amazing. His leaps look like he is soaring through the air. I've seen clips of him doing ballroom, hiphop, and contemporary as long as he doesn't get a crappy choreographer or the judges don't damn him with over praise then I think he will go all the way.

Some have wondered why a dancer who has reached the success level that so many others can only dream about would do this show? I think I understand after watching him dance, a dancers life is very limited and by doing this show it opens him up to so many other opportunities and good on him for thinking ahead and forging a career for himself once his use at the ballet company has expired.

Also, an artist is only truly alive when they are constantly challenging themselves and growing which is what he is doing now by trying out other genres.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast