Ashley Galvan

Nickname(s): Booboo
    Hometown: Visalia, CA
    Expertise: Lyrical
    Favorite Dancer: Mallauri Esquibel
    School: No
    Professional Work: The movie "Fame"
    Has worked with: Marguerite Derricks

Ashley Galvan began dancing at age 3. She appeared in 2009's "Fame" and toured with the Broadway show "Wonderland." In addition to dancing, Galvan loves swimming, shopping, movies and fast food.

Ashley Galvan's bio at FOX
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 06-13-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Re: Ashley Galvan - Season 7

Mods: Photo hosted by me.

Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Ashley is my favorite this year and it makes me sad that she doesn't have a single post in her thread. I thought that her jazz piece was really good and it was my favorite of the season so far. I thought she was amazing in it and didnt think it was fair to her that the judges mainly commented on the routine and not her dancing. I feel like she is getting a raw deal by barely being shown before the top 11 and now having the judges not really comment on her dancing. I really hope she gets a ballroom or hiphop number next week and proves that she is an amazing dancer outside of comfort zone. I think she needs something like that to really make America take notice. Either way, I will be voting for her.

She's amazing

I've been so impressed by most of the guys that it's only been recently that I've noticed Ashley.
    I think she's a beautiful dancer.
    Her piece with Ade last night was great.
    I know he isn't particularly popular, but I really love to watch him dance.
    He has great strength and in a less obvious way so does Ashley.
    I think she's a powerful dancer and it was good to hear some positive comments from the judges.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I think she's the only girl I can see winning. It is a shame the judges chose to get rid of the other great female dancers. We are stuck with the other 2! But Ashley gives me hope!

FORT Fan

I only heard that she had painful ribs. Does anyone know exactly what her injury is and how it happened?

Nancy

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Found this interview on the Entertainment Weekly website:

How exactly did the injury happen?
    The injury is a fractured rib to my ninth rib, actually. I really don’t know what the cause of it was, but I do know that I really have never been partnered so much. It was probably a wake-up call for my ribs being partnered every week and tossed around and all that stuff.

Because you’re a contemporary dancer, you’re probably used to doing things solo, right?
    Yeah, I come from a studio where we did some partnering, but there were never any guys at our studio so we never had the chance to do lifts and do as much as we were doing on the show.

Do you think it got to the point where it was too much? Alex hurt himself last week, you hurt yourself this week. It seems like they’re giving you all more dances than they gave other contestants during previous seasons at this point in the competition. Were you overwhelmed by it all?
    I don’t think we were overwhelmed. Yeah, we’re going through a lot. We’re dancing a lot. But you know, it’s really fun, and we really don’t think about it being too much, because we have so much adrenaline pumping and we’re so excited for learning new routines, that we really don’t realize if we’re injured or not. I started having pain the third week that we were into the show, and it just progressed. At first it was just bruised, which was so painful, but nothing was fractured. But I kept dancing on it. Lifts are so much fun. I was scared to get lifted coming into the competition, and I was afraid that I was going to be the one always lifted, but you know, I loved it. I wish I could do it more. I love being thrown in the air now. But obviously, I can’t.

Well, you didn’t show any signs of pain. So you hid it well.
    Yeah. Actually, doing hip-hop and the quickstep kind of made it heal. I felt a lot better, because it wasn’t a lot of partnering. The quickstep, you have a frame, and you have to be pulled up. So that doesn’t hurt as much. The quickstep was all in your feet, and it was so much fun. Hip-hop, there really wasn’t any lifts. It was all about moving. I felt like it was getting better. And then learning the disco with Robert kind of threw it out again, with all the lifts.

I was bored so read an interview of hers and in it they kept trying to pin her down to how she felt about not being asked back next year while Alex was, she refused to give in to the person and simply kept saying that she was going on tour and would love to come back as an all-star or contestant if asked and that Alex was very talented, a hard worker, and deserved to come back.

Class act all the way, wish her well in her dance career.

And for anybody who is curious, her boyfriend is Jared Murillo who will be on Strictly Come Dancing this coming season. He is Lacey Schwimmer's former partner and was the 2003 World Swing, United States Swing and the United States Youth Latin Ballroom Championships and the AAU National DanceSport Champion with Lacey. He was in the High School Musicals and many websites list him as Ashley Tisdale's boyfriend (which just goes to show that celeb gossip isn't always accurate lol).

Anyways I believe the interview was a continuation of the one above because I found it on my blog updates from that website and it had some of the information that was posted above and more.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fan

I was just reading that interview myself. I vaguely remember one of the girls being dropped on her side during rehersal. but it was one of those times I was doing something else so don't know if it was Ashley or a different girl.

Her rib is fractured and I'm surprised she was not being asked back. I can't understand why. Aside from being unfair to ask Alex back and not her, It's very bad PR not to ask her back.

I think the choreographers may be putting too much emphasis on lifts and throws with dancers who have never done it before. Some have done it before but some have not and you can see during rehersals that some have a real problem with it. If this keeps up we'll be down to the final two in no time and it may not be the best final two since they're killing off all the best dancers.

'So You Think You Can Dance' exit interview: Ashley talks injury, love, and her status on the show ('I never really got asked to come back next year.') | EW.com

Nancy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast