FORT Fogey

Jose Ruiz - Season 7

Jose Ruiz

Nickname(s): "Full Deck"
    Hometown: Miami, FL
    Expertise: B-boy
    Favorite Dancer: Myself
    School: No
    Professional Work: Performer on Carnival Cruise Lines.
    Has worked with:

Jose Ruiz is a self-taught B-Boy who has never had professional dance training. He describes his dance style as "smooth, flowing and explosive." Ruiz has competed in international dance competitions and performed on cruise ships. He also enjoys yoga and plays several musical instruments.

Jose Ruiz's bio at FOX
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 06-13-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Re: Jose Ruiz - Season 7

The one of Jose is really great, he's a sweet kid and I think that sweetness will take him well past the point where he should be but this is a popularity contest so more power to him.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 06-15-2010 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Question answered in a PM
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Can't help but root for Jose! Hoping he turns out like Legacy, able to dance all the different styles really well.

Mods: Photo hosted by me.

Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

I don't know why they cast people who will draw comparisons to other dancers!
    I don't think I like him as much as Legacy.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Wow. Really didn't endear himself to me boasting his superiority over Legacy, or calling himself his own favorite dancer.

I wasn't particularly impressed with his auditions. They picked ONE Hip Hop dancer, and he's the best they could find?

I don't see it. He's got some "Critter impressing" to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3938187 View Post
    Wow. Really didn't endear himself to me boasting his superiority over Legacy, or calling himself his own favorite dancer.

I wasn't particularly impressed with his auditions. They picked ONE Hip Hop dancer, and he's the best they could find?

I don't see it. He's got some "Critter impressing" to do.
    Technically, he's a B-boy, so he doesn't even do hip-hop, meaning, everything he does on the show is going to be out of his comfort zone.

That said, do find his labeling himself as his own favorite dancer to a bit smug; even counting only b-boys, there are a lot of great ones out there, though I'm not sure if he's ever seen them.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;3938224;
    , everything he does on the show is going to be out of his comfort zone.
    He's comfortable in his own skin tho'. Watch out for him. It's "America's favorite dancer" not "best dancer". He could win it on personality alone like Russell did last year, although Russell did better at learning new styles.

Nancy

I enjoy watching Jose and seeing his growth and hope he sticks around to the end. If Alex is out of the competition, I think Jose is my favorite dancer.

I was on vaca on just got to watch the show on my DVR last night, so my comments are a bit late, but anyway...

Wow, Jose was really exposed last week. First, the problems with his Broadway routine...well, I don't think I need to say much here. It just wasn't good. But then, even in his supposed "wheelhouse" with his routine with Dominic, he was clearly outdanced. The judges pointed out the flare work on the floor, and that was the most glaring move to me that showed Jose is just not as strong as some of the previous B-Boys that have been on the show.

Initially, I thought Jose was really smug and arrogant, but his personality has won me over in the past couple of weeks. Stripping him of that was a huge mistake by all the choreographers this week because all they really did for him was put up a flashing sign that screams "UNTRAINED DANCER". In his first few weeks, I would yell at the judges for giving him a pass because he showed personality. Now, I wish they'd let him show it again. Unfortunately, I think we're getting down to the point where personality isn't going to save him much longer.

+ Reply to Thread