+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 6/9 Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 6/9 Show discussion *Spoilers*

Well, what a waste of one hour last night. I agree with everyone here, the judges' visits to the contestants hometown was brutal. Showing the contestants and their families' reaction to the bad news infront of millions of TV viewers was totally unnecessary. And I WANT to see 20 new talents, not 10 previous contestants. I don't think this format is going to go very well with the audience, if the producers are trying to raise the viewership, they will be disappointed.

This said, I picked my faves: Alex, Kent, Alexis and Lauren.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3929666;
    6. I think the whole bit with Anthony was indeed his injury - he was amazing. But, I give props to the producers here because IMHO they would much rather him get well and not risk being injured to where he couldn't dance again. Seeing what he did while injured - absolutely amazing, and I can only picture what he'd be like if he was totally healed.
    I just had a thought. What if his injury was so bad that he couldn't have competed this year so the whole purpose of this was to show him so we would remember him next year when he makes the show? He would have a ready made fan base (look at the posts here alone as examples) and for those who didn't know his story, I'm sure the show will remind us after every commercial break of it.

Actually sort of brilliant of them, if he comes back.

I also couldn't stomach the way they did the results. I wound up turning it off and going to bed. It was cruel and to have a former contestant pretty much saying the same thing? Yeah. Unnecessary.

I like the idea of only showing the top 10 and the others are phone calls so we are spared (and they are too) the whole drawn out on tv thing.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3929681;
    I'm a little miffed that they created an 11th spot just for Billy Bell. If he wasn't good enough to make the top 10 this year, then so be it.

There's no way to know for sure that the 11th spot was for Billy. Remember, this show uses a great deal of creative editing. They did make it look that way by filming it as such, but we have no way of knowing what order the dancers were chosen in.

Obviously, the way they showed it to us did what they wanted . . . it created DRAMA!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3929825;
    I just had a thought. What if his injury was so bad that he couldn't have competed this year so the whole purpose of this was to show him so we would remember him next year when he makes the show? He would have a ready made fan base (look at the posts here alone as examples) and for those who didn't know his story, I'm sure the show will remind us after every commercial break of it.

Actually sort of brilliant of them, if he comes back.

I also couldn't stomach the way they did the results. I wound up turning it off and going to bed. It was cruel and to have a former contestant pretty much saying the same thing? Yeah. Unnecessary.

I like the idea of only showing the top 10 and the others are phone calls so we are spared (and they are too) the whole drawn out on tv thing.
    I don't think the injury was so bad. Maybe it was. I just think they already had Billy and Alex cast and they needed to water things down a bit. There was no room for another really talented guy. But I think it might sometimes help to have appeared on the program in previous seasons. At least it helps you get cast. Maybe he can be the star male next season.
    Also, I think that it wasn't so brutal rejecting the dancers in front of their families. Most of the rejects didn't have their families present, did they? I thought a lot of them were rejected alone or over the phone. Anyway, it was a big waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3929892;
    There's no way to know for sure that the 11th spot was for Billy. Remember, this show uses a great deal of creative editing. They did make it look that way by filming it as such, but we have no way of knowing what order the dancers were chosen in.

Obviously, the way they showed it to us did what they wanted . . . it created DRAMA!
    I agree. If anything that spot was given to Jose because they were looking over the cast and realized "CRAP! We have nothing but contemporary boys! Quick...get rid of somebody and put somebody else in." Then they got into a huge fight and were not willing to give anybody up so a 6th spot was created so they wouldn't have to listen to us whining all season about the over abundance of contemporary dancers.

Didn't work.

*whines loudly* there are too many contemporary dancers!

But seriously, I think that spot was created for Jose so they can say they cast 1 untrained dancer who wasn't contemporary.

(So I just realized that we have lost our entire thread for yesterdays show.....I know why but man....all gone)
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 06-11-2010 at 07:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678