+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 6/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 6/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

That girl's hair is g-n-a-r-l-y!!!! It's like an entity unto itself!!

Some kind of alien life form!!! (A.L.F.!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3923481;
    Interesting, this is not how I was expecting it to work. Does this mean that there will be more than 10 alumni partners available? It also makes me wonder if they will have a more limited pool of dance styles if they need to have an alumni dancer who specializes. For example, they have never had a male ballet dancer on the show so does that mean no girl would be allowed to draw a ballet style of dance? And have we ever seen a dancer that actually listed Broadway as their specialty...?

I kind of like the idea, I'm curious to see how it works out. I' still a little bummed about some of the choices for the alumni I have seen so far. Especially with the girls, I'm not sure any of them were my favs in their seasons...
    There will be 12 alumni partners available: Allison, Anya, Courtney, Comfort, Kathryn, Lauren, Ade, Dominic, Neil, Mark, Pasha and Twitch. Other surprise alumni partners will also show up from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer27;3925385;
    There will be 12 alumni partners available: Allison, Anya, Courtney, Comfort, Kathryn, Lauren, Ade, Dominic, Neil, Mark, Pasha and Twitch. Other surprise alumni partners will also show up from time to time.
    Just as long as Allison dances every week I will be a happy camper. Yeah I know that won't happen.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3926265;
    Just as long as Allison dances every week I will be a happy camper. Yeah I know that won't happen.
    Allison is one of my alltime favorites!! I was sad when she was voted out in Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3923559;
    OK about the the post you made discussing the way things may work with the new system. My main issue with that is that somebody is going to get saddled with Comfort, who was a dismal failure at her own style, and she is supposed to be the expert? The one helping them? I feel sorry for whoever pulls her and they couldn't find somebody else? Surely there was another female dancer who could fill that spot.
    It's her ability to dance with a partner that I'm worried about. Should have been Sara instead. Or Donyelle.

And what's with all the Lady Gaga songs this season?
    Last edited by neighborhoodie; 06-08-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Hi guys!

Just read the posts from the past three shows and am so confused about what I want to write, I just have a need to chime in, so I'm going to go for it, regardless.

Mary Murphy- While I had heard that Mia Michaels was going to perma-judge, and figured that she was replacing Mary, I didn't actually hear those words, so was unsure of what exactly was going on and was waiting until the season properly started to start doing the happy dance about her absence.

Mia Michaels (or Mia v. Mary, Round II) - I lurve her. Only I hate it when she sobs all over performances. Without that, I love her. If Ryan (protege/student/mild acquaintance) makes it, I don't know what that means to Mia's status. Another wait-and-see kind of dealie.

I love Adam!!!!!!!! I hate Tyce!!!!!! Nigel is a perv, but a valid judge!!!!

Billy Bell- didn't think much of him last year. I dunno.

Alex Wong -- Woohoo!!! I don't want to jinx it, but he's pretty much a lock.

I love Kent! I think he's so good, and I like that he's new to us. Also, I just want to put him in my pocket (even though he's a good bit taller than me). He's a prime example of how/when to use a "backstory/filler". No unnecessary drama, just a cute little clip, and he's a worthy contender, so we would actually like to know more about him. Take note producers, you lucked into this one. It's not too late to change your evil ways.

Nicole and her hair- Whatever. Entirely too much attention being paid to someone unworthy. So, I guess she makes it and we have to deal.

Did anyone see Terrell?

I also spend entirely too much time lamenting poor Cat's lack of Emmy and media recognition. I love her all sorts of ways. She is, literally, the best.

Season Format: has its good and bad points. Like the judge questions, I am reserving judgement until the season gets started (soon, my lovies, soon). But, Comfort? Really? Ugh! I believe that Sarah and my beloved Donyell have moved beyond this role, I'm not sure what Sarah's up to, but Donyell has definitely moved on (didya catch her on ABDC?)... but, I'd say any female dancer who has participated on the show and performed a hip-hop routine respectably, would be a better partner than Comfort. Blurgh!

I wish they had 12-15 alumni and a longer season, with maybe 15 or 20 new contestants and two (non-gender-based, just vote-based) eliminations per week until the Top Ten. I don't care if it lasts longer, there's no such thing as too much SYTYCD in my book!

I was so happy to see Alexi Agdeppa back! Hopefully she makes it and lasts a long time.

Okay, I'm done blathering for the moment, I've missed this.
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 06-09-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: inserting banana
    Could does not mean should

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;3928775;
    Hi guys!

I wish they had 12-15 alumni and a longer season, with maybe 15 or 20 new contestants and two (non-gender-based, just vote-based) eliminations per week until the Top Ten. I don't care if it lasts longer, there's no such thing as too much SYTYCD in my book!
    I am SO with you on this one!! I don't want them to pick our top 10...we always surprise them with the bottom 3 and will miss some really great favorites (that they dismiss this season) I'm sure!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456