+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3923481;
    Interesting, this is not how I was expecting it to work. Does this mean that there will be more than 10 alumni partners available? It also makes me wonder if they will have a more limited pool of dance styles if they need to have an alumni dancer who specializes. For example, they have never had a male ballet dancer on the show so does that mean no girl would be allowed to draw a ballet style of dance? And have we ever seen a dancer that actually listed Broadway as their specialty...?
    I thought the dance styles might be limited as well. I don't think that will be the case since all of the all stars have danced in other styles before. I want to know who will get Bollywood!
    Something that bothers me a bit is the height issue. This was addressed in the past as tall girls were paired with taller guys and short guys were paired with shorter girls until the pairs were broken up at the end. A tall lady or a short guy would probably have a lot of trouble all the way through.

Also, there are supposed to be 12 all stars, right? I thought so. And they will not be voted off each week. I guess they just rotate.

I may be in the minority...but I miss Mary as a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3923559;

OK about the the post you made discussing the way things may work with the new system. My main issue with that is that somebody is going to get saddled with Comfort, who was a dismal failure at her own style, and she is supposed to be the expert? The one helping them? I feel sorry for whoever pulls her and they couldn't find somebody else? Surely there was another female dancer who could fill that spot.

Sarah comes to mind. She was great.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Maybe Comfort has improved over time in her genre?

They could still use 20 dancers and eliminate the bottom two each week regardless of gender. I'm sure there are 8 more all-stars they could pull in. Maybe it's all a work in progress. We'll see how this season goes...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'll miss Mary, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ksgirl;3924214;
    I may be in the minority...but I miss Mary as a judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3924371;
    I'll miss Mary, too!
    Ok as a complete newbie to this show ... wasn't Mary judging on Thurs night at the end of the show ... is she leaving?

Mary Murphy was actually here yesterday in San Diego speaking on domestic abuse.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3924483;
    Ok as a complete newbie to this show ... wasn't Mary judging on Thurs night at the end of the show ... is she leaving?

Mary Murphy was actually here yesterday in San Diego speaking on domestic abuse.
    Mia is taking Mary's spot as permanent judge during the performances. Mary will be guest judging and choreographing.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I didn't think it was fair that the judges gave that scrawny girl with the wild hair (I don't know her name) another chance to do the ballroom round, only this time with her hair down. Plus she conveniently gets paired up with guy who is a ballroom dancer for this second attempt. WTH does her hair up or down have to do with how well she dances? I really don't see what the big deal was with her, but it was obvious the judges love her.

I miss Mary Murphy too .

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3924549;
    I didn't think it was fair that the judges gave that scrawny girl with the wild hair (I don't know her name) another chance to do the ballroom round, only this time with her hair down. Plus she conveniently gets paired up with guy who is a ballroom dancer for this second attempt. WTH does her hair up or down have to do with how well she dances? I really don't see what the big deal was with her, but it was obvious the judges love her.
    For the same reason they have forced others to "dance for the lives" in the past, to get them exposed to the audience and so they get a following and votes later. Pimping their early favorites by giving them more screen time.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Although since it's believed that wild hair doesn't make it through, then it's sort of a wasted effort on her. However, Ade does so for him he just gained a huge jump on the others to bring him closer to the jump Billy and Alex already have by being on the show previously. Right now it looks like they are pushing Billy, Alex, and Ade as their top 3 boys.

Historically, those they want the audience to latch onto and to go far are shown in the auditions as either having to dance for the lives (for no good reason) or given second chances as an excuse to let the audience see them again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3924549;
    I didn't think it was fair that the judges gave that scrawny girl with the wild hair (I don't know her name) another chance to do the ballroom round, only this time with her hair down. Plus she conveniently gets paired up with guy who is a ballroom dancer for this second attempt. WTH does her hair up or down have to do with how well she dances?
    All I can say is that I could see the difference. Dancing with that high hair is like dancing with a flower pot on your head. The first time she was "protecting" her hair to keep it from being destroyed. The second time she wasn't - she was free to throw her head into the rolls and moves. She was able to serve the music and the dance instead of trying to project her own "image" and personal style.

I also thought it was great of that ballroom guy to step up and offer to partner her. Since he had the routine down cold, it meant that the judges could concentrate on her without focus being pulled to another struggling dancer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast