+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 6/02 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/02 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Is anyone else tired of the contemporary kids going straight through? Tappers, hip hoppers, and ballroom dancers don't go through at the same rate. No wonder we usually end up with so many contemporary dancers! Sheesh! I think we've had so many contemporary dancers that they need to set the standard much higher. The standards they have for the other genres seem impossible!

I didn't like the tapper. I thought it was just a mess. I liked Bianca's charisma a lot better. The performance was just really weak to me. I really liked the deaf guy. I think his abilities are incredible! Amazing! The young blonde who did the "sexy" dance really creeped me out. She looked like a kid and she was awkwardly smiling the whole way through. I did not like it. Loved Cristina Santana. Loved Kent, the small town boy. I thought he was so adorable. Aside from that, I liked his performance.
    This season could be very promising IF they pick the right dancers.

Does anyone else find themselves wondering just how gay Adam Shankman is after that video of dirty and lap dancing with Miley and the way he's acting around the girls this season? He and Nigel are both coming across as dirty old men

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3922423;
    Is anyone else tired of the contemporary kids going straight through? Tappers, hip hoppers, and ballroom dancers don't go through at the same rate...
    If you are talking about being sent straight to Vegas without going through choreography, then I think you are right. I don't think it's any big conspiracy, though. With contemporary dancers it's easier to see the technique and come away with an idea of how they could bend into the discipline of other styes. With the tappers and hip-hoppers, just being great at their style doesn't give any information about whether or not they can handle something else. Since they don't want to waste anyone's time, they send them to choreography to test their basic dance technique and partnering skills.

I think the bigger question is how many of each style are sent to Vegas, whether they go through choreography or not. And we don't know the answer to that question, because they don't identify everyone who goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3922713;
    Does anyone else find themselves wondering just how gay Adam Shankman is after that video of dirty and lap dancing with Miley and the way he's acting around the girls this season? He and Nigel are both coming across as dirty old men
    Ha! Sorry, DuckyFace, I can't climb out on that particular limb with you. I think Shankman's gay credentials are pretty solid. I think you are just seeing that he likes to kid around with the dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3921708;
    Anyone else getting the impression that Nigel is making all the decisions here, and the other judges just nod and agree with him?
    I thought the same thing Top Cat. Nigel makes all the decisions and the rest just agree. I wonder if the judges are afraid that Nigel would throw a fit if they disagreed with him.

ETA: Oh, by the way, the girl with the Marge Simpson hair should not have been given so many chances. Nigel, she will dance the same way whether her hair is up or down.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3922713;
    I know a lot of gay men that think women are hot and sexy, they just aren't attracted to them. I was finding a lot of the women very hot and I'm a happily married woman (to a man that is!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345