+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 5/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/27 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

"Full Deck," did he say? He has some nice energy. Can't help comparing him to Legacy from last season.

(ETA: Neither can Nigel!)

FORT Fogey

Jose Ruiz - BBoy with good moves. The head spins - wow! (I hope this kid has a good chiropractor.)

Warning - there is a Legacy flashback! Loved him.

FORT Fogey

The group choreographed dances just make my head swim!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3916651;
    Gisele Peacock....where do I know her from? She and her name are very familiar. Ballroom couple....oooo they are good. He is better than her. Henry B (cause I can't spell his name).

Hmmm.....their salsa shoulder shake thing wasn't very good. I think Mary wouldn't be impressed, although I was with the beginning and middle. The end was a mess. I miss Mary, I want a ballroom couple to make it through *begs the dance Gods to make it happen*.

Thanks Nigel! That's where I know them from "Burn the Floor" they were a stars of dance on DWTS last season or something.
    This probably isn't where you've seen him, but I feel the need to bring it up...

Henry was a contestant on the first season of So You Think You Can Dance Australia. He made it to the Top8, where he was cut. He and his initial partner Vanessa were sort of a power couple, minus the few B3 appearances (she made Top6). He later went on to be a pro on the Australian version of Dancing with the Stars. I didn't watch it, so I don't know the details. I think he participated in only one season though.

This was their best dance: YouTube - So You Think You Can Dance Australia Vanessa & Henry (It was choreographed by Jason Gilkinson. It's one of my favorite dances on any SYTYCD.)

I liked Henry. He was my second favorite guy behind Rhys. He was very versatile, especially for a ballroom dancer. It's weird seeing him on here though. Is it even allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3916683;
    OMG, did you guys see the lines on Briana and that insane leap Daniel just did? Impressed. But only 10 are going through. Cannot let myself get attached to the auditions, the numbers are brutal.
    I feel the same way! I always think that these have to be spectacular in order to make it this time around. It's kinda hard not to get attached to anyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3916744;
    Edward Spots - amazing! So brilliant technically! One to watch.

...and they're sending him to choreography????
    I found the judges' choice weird. His audition was Vegas-worthy. I'm thinking that Nigel was the one that didn't like the femininity of his moves. I mean, he has been known to be very strict on how he likes his dancers. Remember the first same-sex ballroom couple?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3916965;
    This probably isn't where you've seen him, but I feel the need to bring it up...

Henry was a contestant on the first season of So You Think You Can Dance Australia. He made it to the Top8, where he was cut. He and his initial partner Vanessa were sort of a power couple, minus the few B3 appearances (she made Top6). He later went on to be a pro on the Australian version of Dancing with the Stars. I didn't watch it, so I don't know the details. I think he participated in only one season though..... It's weird seeing him on here though. Is it even allowed?
    What?!? How is that fair? He's a professional. That would be like Maxs or Tony or even Derek showing up and auditioning. Just because it's in another country doesn't mean he should be competing on this show. Then again... they have had dancers in the past who have been on Broadway or are reigning champions of their style.

Still, I think with these credentials, they are really stretching the rules here. No wonder he was so much better than her!

And the morning after the ones who were good enough to leave a lasting impression are Teddy, Brianna, Daniel, Tyrell, and Henry (who do you guys remember the next morning?). Not bad, that is more than I usually remember this early in the game but bad because they will probably get cut fairly early and I'm trying not to develop favorites when only 10 are making it through.

Speaking of 10....I like that they got rid of the lowest boy/lowest girl going home nonsense. That always resulted in a better dancer getting sent home, now we get to see how the voting is truly skewing (towards the boys or girls) and what happens when that boy/girl thing is eliminated. I'm curious to see who ends up in the final three, something tells me it will be an all boy final three if voting trends on this show and other competition shows are to be believed.

FORT Fogey

If they've already been through a whole season in another country, it should not be allowed - especially with only 10 getting through!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3916744;
    Edward Spots - amazing! So brilliant technically! One to watch.

...and they're sending him to choreography????
    Two SYTYCD fans in my house. We looked at each other and said "Huh???" when they didn't send him straight through

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3916820;
    Ha! Even the editor is bored - he threw together a little CSI: Miami credit sequence.

Love CSI and CSI:NY, but can't seem to get into CSI:Miami . . . however, I found that segment LOL funny, especially when Nigel put on his glasses!
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 05-28-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I am loving me some Jason Gilkinson.Between the blue eyes and the accent Plus he gave some great comments and seems like a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3916822;
    Jose Ruiz - BBoy with good moves. The head spins - wow! (I hope this kid has a good chiropractor.)

Warning - there is a Legacy flashback! Loved him.
    His sets aren't even close to good; his footwork isn't crisp, his transitions aren't smooth at all. If anything, I'd say his skills are fairly rudimentary, at least when compared to high level b-boys who compete on the international scene.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I heard that Henry had some visa problems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast