+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season 7 Spoiler Thread

Re: Season 7 Spoiler Thread

I like the format (bringing back old stars), but I hate that it's so short - why not a top 20 like usual, and then bring in the old stars when it gets to 10. I don't want to be cutting down to 8 or 9 in the first week.

FORT Fogey

It will only be one elimination a week though!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I am glad they brought back some of my favorites dancers, especially Pasha and Neil.

I'm confused though on how elimination is going to work. Obviously, the dancer with the lowest number of votes will go home, but what about the all-stars?

Do they all stick around and wait for their name to be drawn from the hat or does the one who danced with the "loser" go home as well?

Also . . . will someone be posting a thread for each contestant or do we have to talk about them en masse?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3929886;
    ...I'm confused though on how elimination is going to work. Obviously, the dancer with the lowest number of votes will go home, but what about the all-stars?

...Also . . . will someone be posting a thread for each contestant or do we have to talk about them en masse?
    The all-stars are a pool - they don't go home. There's just less and less chances for them to dance as the number of contestants shrink. They've been chosen so that there is a broad range of dance styles represented in both genders.

I'll ask Unklescott about the contestant threads. Yes, they will be there. That should make a nice weekend project.

FORT Fogey

Aha! Maybe the biggest change for Season 7 has just become clear - the performance shows will be LIVE! They used to be taped on Monday, then edited (judges comments trimmed, instant reply shots inserted during the judges comments). No more - that new director, Niki has her work cut out for her. This change won't make much difference to the dancers, but the judges are going to have to stay on track, and Cat will be under a lot more pressure to stretch or cut material as the show is running live.

This also means no spoilers the day before.

does anyone know why the number of dancers was cut from 20 to 10?
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

Top 11 week spoilers from SYTYCDism: LINK

Apparently, the all-stars will only be doing one dance a week. So with only two ballroom all-stars, that means we'll be getting less ballroom and more contemporary-type dances this season.

Billy & Lauren G. – Broadway – Tyce Diorio
    Alex & Allison – Jazz – Sonya Tayeh
    Ashley & Neil – Contemporary – Tyce Diorio
    Adéchiké & Kathryn – Contemporary/Jazz – Travis Wall
    Cristina & Mark – Jazz – Sonya Tayeh
    Lauren F. & Ade – Contemporary – Mandy Moore
    Robert & Courtney – Broadway – Sean Cheesman
    Jose & Comfort – Hip Hop – NappyTabs
    Kent & Anya – Ballroom – Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin
    Alexie & Twitch – Hip Hop – NappyTabs
    Melinda & Pasha – Ballroom – Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3931912;
    does anyone know why the number of dancers was cut from 20 to 10?
    The short answer is because only one dancer will leave per week, not two. See my post here for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3931938;
    Apparently, the all-stars will only be doing one dance a week. So with only two ballroom all-stars, that means we'll be getting less ballroom and more contemporary-type dances this season.
    I am not sure that it is going to feel so different. They can still do two full-on ballroom's per week. Also, some of the contemporary dancers (Neil, Ade, Allison, Kathryn) could partner in a lyrical ballroom number, like slow waltz. It also means that we will be seeing a lot of Anya and Pasha, and not so much of the other contemporary dancers once the contestants start to leave.

FORT Regular

Huh. What are the odds that Jose randomly selected hip-hop?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Annika;3933163;
    Huh. What are the odds that Jose randomly selected hip-hop?
    Well, if it is random, then 1 in 6. Others are dancing their styles as well. Contestants have always danced their own styles. I do get suspicious sometimes but I don't know about this one. I don't think he is a producer favorite but they really need him on the show. He is one of the few non-contemporary dancers.

I am really looking forward to seeing Kent and Anya and Alexie and Twitch. I'm always happy to see Ade. I have a lot to look forward to tonight! Oh and I also love Sonya Tayeh most of the time!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast