+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 12/16 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 2 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/16 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 2 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

Thanks for the info, Tigerusty !!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3771104;
    OK, there's a post-show interview with Russell where he explains how he was injured. (Search you tube for "Russell talks about his injury and winning it all".)

He was making his way around back stage with the other guys to enter for the first elimination. In the journey, he jumped off a platform and landed wrong and twisted his ankle. It swelled up immediately, but he said he wasn't hurt that bad.
    It seems to be characterized a little differently at 'So You Think You Can Dance': Russell Ferguson explains his finale night injury, celebrates being America's Favorite Dancer - KTV: Korbi TV - Zap2it.

"Suffering an injury at the end of the hip hop number he performed with fellow finalists Legacy Perez and Kevin Hunte, Russell lost control of his emotions when he realized what had happened.

So what did happen?

'When I was coming up, back onto the stage after jumping off and being all in the camera's face, I landed wrong,' Russell told us. 'And I guess something got like shifted or like stretched out of place in my leg... It got real numb and swollen.'"

I gotta say that was an impressive jump over his partners and all the way off the stage at the end of that early number. I'm not at all surprised that he could've tweaked something stemming from that, and sometimes you don't feel those things until the swelling starts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3771224;
    I understand that but seeing as though there was someone standing right next to him that just lost, it didn't sit well with me. Yes he should have been happy, but he was just over the top and I didn't appreciate it. He had no consideration, what-so-ever, for Jakob's feelings. Not to mention that he was limping around all the while and then all of a sudden, his injury was just gone
    Russell hugged Jakob immediately after they annouced the winner. The camera pulled away to the audience and then came back, so the next thing we saw on stage was Russell celebrating.

If you've got it recorded, go back and look again. He wasn't disrespectful to Jakob.

Well I'm going to go ahead and say it:

Russell is the worst winner this show has had in its 6 seasons.
    (But that's just for me, personally.)

It was just a really obvious win. From the moment he auditioned, I knew that he would make the Top20. And when he made the Top20, I knew that he would make the Top10. And when he made the Top10, I knew he was probably going to win. I mean, he carried Noelle all the way to the Top10! That's not a small feat. If your fanbase is big enough to keep two people out of the B3 couples, it shows that that's a huge fanbase.

And I'm not going to lie, the whole "untrained" thing annoys me to no end. It's Nigel's favorite storyline to push onto HH dancers (that he likes) that make it very far. He pushed it on Joshua and Twitch, which resulted in a Top2 finish for both and a Joshua win (which I didn't mind, cause I actually enjoyed many of Joshua's dances). And then he pushed it on Russell. The casual viewers love the storyline and eat it up.

If Russell had more memorable dances, then maybe I would feel better about his win. But he didn't. His best routine was the HH with Kathryn, and that came at the very end (literally, it was the last routine in the performance finale). I think that during the finale, the judges tried to make it seem like he had a lot of memorable dances. I mean, Debbie Allen said that her favorite dance was the mediocre Frog Dance. Maybe it was a decent routine, but was it worthy of being repeated? Sorry, I have to say no.

Actually, the finale was loaded with a bunch of meh dances. There were so many more that could have been used, and yet they used a lot of dances from the introduction show. We really didn't need to see any of them again, except from maybe the Wade/Amanda group routine.

Anyway, the finale was okay at best, with a number of singers performing to eat up time and many dances that really didn't need to be shown again. With the okay finale and Russell's win, my opinion on S6 has been dampered. I know I'm one of the few who thinks this, but S6 was pretty awesome. But now I'm feeling a little disappointed. It's like with Survivor: Gabon, which was an awesome season throughout... and then Bob won.

So yeah, that ends my post on the finale, and since it ended up being pretty long, I think many of you will just ignore it. And I'm fine with that; I just wanted to get out of my chest.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

CrossingGuard, I read your post and I have to say that I agree 100 percent with everything you said. Russell was my least favorite dancer in the competition and I too hated the whole no training storyline that was shoved down our throats. I also wanted to see better dances picked for the judges favorites such as Ashleigh and Jakob's hiphop (which I think was much better than Kathryn and Russell's) and Kathryn and Ryan's chacha. I also agree with the Gabon thing. I was a Sugar fan and Bob winning it ruined the whole show for me. Kinda like how Russell won this year as my two favorites were the next two in line Jakob and Kathryn.

I don't really care for the winner, cause I know, my favorite won't win... Though I was hoping that Jakob would get the title, but with the over-reaction shown by the judges, some of the audiences are bound to not favoring him in return. lol.

As for the finale... I think the best dance was Ashleigh and Ryan's Jive. hahahaha. Been watching it NON stop since the winner announced. So, I'm soooo thankful that Mary picks this. lol. The BEST jive in the show, and I'd really like to see the contemporary dancer do that dance... lol. but I doubt they'll even make it half as exciting as Ashleigh/Ryan's jive... it'll end up like Channing and Phillip's Jive; safe and boring...

+ Reply to Thread