+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 12/16 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 2 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/16 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 2 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3770897;
    This just came over Twitter from SYTYCDism:

I know that Cat mentioned the tour just before the Top 10 (as in if you make it in to the Top 10 you are going on tour). But not a word since.

It does sound like they might have changed their mind. I have noted before that most of the venues that present the SYTYCD tour are busy with their Basketball and Hockey schedules in winter / spring.
    In the Ryan thread, there is an interview with him. He was asked about the tour (the interview was Dec 10).

SYTYCD Examiner: You two get to go on tour together, too.

Ryan: Right. That was a huge thing for us. When we made the top 20, we said if one of us makes the top 10, all we could ask for is that the other one does, too, so we could go on tour together and not be split up for three months.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

I'm happy for Russel. I would have been happy with any of the top three winning as they were my faves all season.

I'd forgotten just how good that Wade R. routine was. After seeing it again, I have to say that they did Mollee and Nathan a huge injustice when they paired them together. I watched that dance tonight twice and I focused on those two the second time. They really danced the hell out of it! They just weren't given the opportunity to really shine with a more mature partner. Jakob was really good in it, too.

And Cat. Ugh. She's so beautiful and perfect. I swear I'd hate her if she wasn't so sweet and sincere...lol I think I have a little bit of a girl crush.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3770888;
    Also, I just have to say that, while I understand their wanting to showcase the winner in this finale, it is VERY unfortunate for ALL involved that it had to derail the entire evening! Let's see, how many live performances and other performers did we NOT get to see, that really deserved to be seen, on account of Russell's injury??? I could've just watched my dvr'd episodes and read the recap to see who won. I think they should maybe try to spread out the airtime and let more of them shine next season - this really didn't work. And I didn't find Russell's display upon winning very impressive, which is unfortunate, because I had really liked him up until tonight....
    I knew that was going to grate on some people but it knid of shows how unpolished and unused to this kind of thing he is which makes his performances on the show that much more remarkable.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3770869;
    Thanks realityfan778 and ebonyashley for pointing out the third member of that club: Brandon. That was just four months ago and I'd already blocked it out. And then there's the crime of the century when William Wingfield was cut at Top 8, but don't make me go there.
    I think the two of us are very similar in our favs!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I'm kinda bummed that Jakob didn't win... but I'm not really surprised.
    This show truly is looking for America's FAVORITE dancer (congrats Russel for being the FAVORITE). The BEST dancer never wins.
    (I'm still upset about Brandon).
    Anyways... I sure hope they don't scrap the tour! I was looking forward to going, and I'm sure the dancers could use the money. However, I believe that the dancers travel by bus, and I don't think that winter is the best time to be travelling across the country on a bus (they could hit bad weather and get severely delayed or worse). So, if they delay the tour to spring, that would be better logistically, but then how will they get the word out to buy tickets?? They won't have the show each week to remind people... Then taking into consideration the previous post which says that ratings were down, and the powers that be are worried about being able to sell the tickets... it's really not looking good for a Season 6 tour. (I hope I'm wrong!)
    Here's a thought: if they don't do a Season 6 tour, how would they justify a Season 7 tour??
    It seems like the Season 6 contestants are really getting the short end of the stick.

jmb, I agree that this season got the short end of the stick. For starters, they were touted as the "best" the show had ever had and after the rough start, I'm sure Nigel will never utter those words that early again. I'm also sure that added some serious pressure to the kids. They were all wonderful dancers and there's no question that they were talented, but the best? Not hardly. Then with the F6. I like the F4 set-up much better. Plus, only an hour to showcase them in the finale with no solos? That wasn't fair to any of them. I would have enjoyed watching them all dance one last time. Add the tour issues....all I can think is maybe they will incorporate the top six into season 7's tour...? It would be the right thing to do if they don't have one this season.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

OK, there's a post-show interview with Russell where he explains how he was injured. (Search you tube for "Russell talks about his injury and winning it all".)

He was making his way around back stage with the other guys to enter for the first elimination. In the journey, he jumped off a platform and landed wrong and twisted his ankle. It swelled up immediately, but he said he wasn't hurt that bad.

The final results show is everything the finale competition should have been. The opening number really demonstrated the strengths of many of the dancers--it was a mature dance that really showcased several of the dancers, particularly Mollee (finally, got to see how strong she could have been with the right combination), Ellenore and Jakob. There was also one other guy who they didn't zoom in on so i could see his face but he was blonde and in the first part (not the top 6)-and he was incredible!

I do not know what the plans are for a tour but I do know that DWTS has done winter tours that lasted from mid December until mid February and travelled all over the country, mainly by bus. However if SYTYCD would be doing that it would have been announced by now as ticket sales would have had to have started already. JMO.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3770888;
    And I didn't find Russell's display upon winning very impressive, which is unfortunate, because I had really liked him up until tonight....
    I am with you. I thought he was very obnoxious and showed absolutely no class. His leg didn't seem to bother him when he was carrying on about winning. I liked him until they announced him as the winner
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread