+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 12/16 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 2 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/16 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 2 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

Woo hoo!!! Congratulations to Russell! :-)

FORT Fogey

I just want to keep this issue out there - we still don't know how Russell was injured. I don't think it's a dance injury because it had been 15 minutes or so since he did his group Hip-Hop. He seemd fine then, and from the look of pain and tears it seemed he had just hurt his leg right before the Top 6 were to make their entrance.

And what happened with Cat's microphone at the exact same moment? Were the tech problems related to whatever injured Russell?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Congrats to the Top 6 for making it to the finale, and extra congrats to Russell! He and Ryan were my favorites, with Kathryn next.

Since the thread is closed about the finale coming too soon, I just wanted to say I felt a little short-changed this season: We didn't get to vote until the third week, then the finale had the top 6, not top 4, and no news of a SYTYCD Tour for S6 top 10.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3770874;
    I just want to keep this issue out there - we still don't know how Russell was injured. I don't think it's a dance injury because it had been 15 minutes or so since he did his group Hip-Hop. He seemd fine then, and from the look of pain and tears it seemed he had just hurt his leg right before the Top 6 were to make their entrance.

And what happened with Cat's microphone at the exact same moment? Were the tech problems related to whatever injured Russell?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Yeah!!! This inquiring mind was wondering the same thing!

FORT Fogey

Also, I just have to say that, while I understand their wanting to showcase the winner in this finale, it is VERY unfortunate for ALL involved that it had to derail the entire evening! Let's see, how many live performances and other performers did we NOT get to see, that really deserved to be seen, on account of Russell's injury??? I could've just watched my dvr'd episodes and read the recap to see who won. I think they should maybe try to spread out the airtime and let more of them shine next season - this really didn't work. And I didn't find Russell's display upon winning very impressive, which is unfortunate, because I had really liked him up until tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3770888;
    Also, I just have to say that, while I understand their wanting to showcase the winner in this finale, it is VERY unfortunate for ALL involved that it had to derail the entire evening! Let's see, how many live performances and other performers did we NOT get to see, that really deserved to be seen, on account of Russell's injury??? I could've just watched my dvr'd episodes and read the recap to see who won. I think they should maybe try to spread out the airtime and let more of them shine next season - this really didn't work. And I didn't find Russell's display upon winning very impressive, which is unfortunate, because I had really liked him up until tonight....
    Haven't posted here all season - I am more of a Bachelor poster, but read these threads each week.
    I have to agree with the bolded - I kind of thought the same thing.

I knew I would be happy for a Jakob or a Russell win, and I really hope this show was the catalyst Jakob needs....and fully deserves.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;3770885;
    ... no news of a SYTYCD Tour for S6 top 10.
    This just came over Twitter from SYTYCDism:

Latest we've heard is since TV ratings have been so low, the powers that be are afraid tour tickets won't sell. What do you guys think?
    I know that Cat mentioned the tour just before the Top 10 (as in if you make it in to the Top 10 you are going on tour). But not a word since.

It does sound like they might have changed their mind. I have noted before that most of the venues that present the SYTYCD tour are busy with their Basketball and Hockey schedules in winter / spring.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3770897;
    This just came over Twitter from SYTYCDism:

I know that Cat mentioned the tour just before the Top 10 (as in if you make it in to the Top 10 you are going on tour). But not a word since.

It does sound like they might have changed their mind. I have noted before that most of the venues that present the SYTYCD tour are busy with their Basketball and Hockey schedules in winter / spring.
    Yes, and it seemed that they didn't highlight the top 10 or make a fuss over them tonight at all. Odd, indeed.

Did anyone think it was odd that Ashleigh didn't mention Ryan at all in her little speech?
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fogey

This was really an off-kilter season. I don't think it's any surprise that Russell won, but how it all unfolded was weird.

Two of the original Top 20 didn't do the show, so I think the casting plan was off from the start. The choreographers seem tired and uninspired and that translated into blah dances. We didn't get to vote in the early rounds, and I think that would have changed the advancing dancers. They had the dancers perform two dances too often, and then we had an incomplete finale. It just isn't a finale without the gender dances and solos. Once again, the public only sees the couples, and they are at the mercy of the choreographers.

Glad this season is over, and I hope they move the airing back to the summer, so everyone invloved can get rested and re-inspired.

+ Reply to Thread