+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 12/15 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 1 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/15 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 1 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3769486;
    Jakob & Ashleigh – Foxtrot – Jean Marc Generaux to Let the Good Times Roll

This is a kind of Jazz Band foxtrot rather than the Fred & Ginger style. Nice change, but not up to the Fosse number.

Nigel: The chemistry is outstanding. Ashleigh was fantastic. Jakob - no more jettes, please!
    Mary: Ashleigh's quality of movement is wonderful. Jakob is improving, but still needs work in close hold.
    Adam: It's all about showing each other off and you did that.
    It was okay. I wasn't thrilled and I love the foxtrot.

The only dancer who I thought did great for all the 3 dances is Kathryn. Others, not so much. I'm still and Ashleigh fan though... She was great in all the dances, just not WOW enough, but close. lol

PSP

Now that you've seen it, I hope you can appreciate why I had trouble coming up with more details. It was very intense experience as well as a very long day.

Was I correct about the Jakob and Kathryn lyrical dance? I don't know how it looks on TV since I'm on the West Coast, but the tears were flowing all over the studio.

They also filmed the opening dance for tomorrow with 19 of the Top 20 dancers - I missed who was unavailable, but it was a fun number. Much love for Nathan - one of my daughter's friends goes to the Orange County High School for the Arts (OSHA) with Nathan.

It should be interesting to see how the voting goes....

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3769496;
    Russell & Ellenore – Paso Doble – Jason Gilkison to Village Attack

I swear, there is nothing that Russell can't do! Not the best Paso on the show but right on the money.

Nigel: Where are the shirts tonight? Russell you were passionate and firey, but not as much as Ellenore.
    Mary: Ellenore you little Spanish vixen! Russell didn't quite have the arms and the tour, but the passion was right on.
    Adam: The leg work was amazing from Russell. And Ellenore was so extroverted in her Broadway and so controlled here.
    I liked the intensity of the dance. I liked the silhouette in the beginning but the flames were taking away from the dancers....AGAIN. The both danced it well.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3769506;
    Jakob & Kathryn – Contemporary – Desmond Richardson and Dwight Rhoden to At This Moment

THIS! This is what I watch for.l This quality of dance and choreography. Amazing! Can't put it into words. The acting; the movement.

[Standing Ovation]

Nigel: You guys just stopped the show. Kathryn - you are my favorite girl. Rise to every occasion. Jakob needs to grow even more, you have to join a company with dancers that are better than you and you will become a great soloist.
    Mary: That is one of the best performances I have ever seen. It was magical.
    Adam: That was a game changer. This country needs to be aware of how important dance is to our culture. I am humbled.
    Okay...what is wrong with me? I didn't care for it. I wasn't moved by it. I guess I'm getting sick of Jakob leaping all over the place and having these "made for him" dance solos when he has a partner. Kathryn...was a prop. He's a great dancer but I was bored watching them. ((Shrug))

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3769521;
    Ryan & Ashleigh – Contemporary – Travis Wall to I'm There Too

One of the moments I have been looking forward to. Beautiful. This is going to be popular on tour. I wanted them to do ballroom, but this is touching. And memorable.

Nigel: Some people think you are both here because of the injury. Not so - you have done well. But Ashleigh, you have better chemistry with Jakob than with Ryan.
    Mary: Very rare for a married couple to get a moment like that.
    Adam: It was worth a lot to have that moment of incredible tenderness.
    I too have been waiting forever to see them dance together. I loved that...just because they are married, I think. They were so soft and light...I loved that about it. It was touching. The producers took a gamble and won on that note.

Is there any information yet about the tour for this group?

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

While I do think Jakob is a great technical dancer and an obviously great performer, he doesn't thrill me like he does many others who post here and elsewhere. I'm afraid I'm with the daughter who commented on not seeing his personality. Maybe I wouldn't go that far, but he is my least favorite, despite his obvious technical excellence.

I started as a Katherine fan and I'm still very much one.

Loved Ellenore in the Fosse piece. I saw what Jakob did, too, but I was definitely not focused on him as others said they were.

LOVED seeing Ryan and Ashleigh together, and so glad they got a touching contemporary number. Yep, tears ran here.

Russell was my favorite going in. Legacy replaced him soon after. Now that Legacy is gone, I do not have a clear favorite. I think every one of the 6 remaining are worthy of the top spot. I'm not even going to bother to vote because I am absolutely fine with whomever wins. But if I had to put them in order of fave to least fave:

Katherine
    Ashleigh
    Russell/Ellenore
    Ryan
    Jakob

I had a lot of difficulty placing Russell and Ellenore. Going in, they were 2 of my favorites. They have fallen quite to middling for me, and are interchangeable in my list order.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3769489;
    Does anyone know how the shows are working this week? Tonight we have top 6, and then what? I looked on info and it shows, "to be announced." Thanks!
    Tomorrow night is the 2 hour finale where they announce the winner. Then it's over.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3769535;
    Russell & Kathryn – Hip Hop – Napolean and Tabitha D’Umo to I Can Transform Ya

Yea! Russell gets a street dance. Pretty good for Nappy Tabs. Kathryn reminds me of Olivia Newton John at the end of Grease - pretending to be a "bad girl".

Nigel: Final dance of the season - and it was great. Russell your style was tremendous. But Kathryn was, down and dirty.
    Mary: No idea how America is going to vote.
    Ada,: The beauty of the show - Kathryn did Contemporary and Samba before she tore up the dance floor. Russell started the night with Jazz and Paso.
    You are sooooooo right about Grease. I was sitting here thinking why am I not liking this??? I didn't care for this routine just because of the "Grease factor".

That was not soooooooooo HOTT...I wasn't fierce. The choreography was dorky.

Overall, I really wasn't impressed or Wowed tonight.

I liked the samba, paso, Ashleigh/Russell routine and the tender married routine. This was not the best finale....and the dancers weren't to blame for the most part. I jope the results show is better.

+ Reply to Thread