Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3769861;
    I want...

6. Russell
    5. Ryan
    4. Jakob/Ellenore
    3. Jakob/Ellenore
    2. Kathryn
    1. Ashleigh
    Ditto! but for me, Ellenore came last. I doubt Ashleigh'll win, unless miracle happens again and that she has many fans than we expected.

I'm dancing ballroom, so naturally, I'm rooting for ballroom dancers... I still can't help but voted for Kathryn and Jakob as well.

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/15 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 1 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3769663;
    And I may have to miss tomorrow night or DVR it to fast forward through all of their fluff - I'd much rather have seen a 2-hour show tonight, with back stories and group dances, and less of their "star-studded" (yawn) time-waster tomorrow night. I can youtube those acts anytime, but won't because I don't want to see them anyway!!!
    Double ditto on this - should have been a 2 hour finale, it felt so rushed and needed more back stories and showing partnerships, etc. There was not enough time to see and absorb the dances. I hope tonight is not simply a bunch of group dances or boring guest people.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3769983;
    Double ditto on this - should have been a 2 hour finale, it felt so rushed and needed more back stories and showing partnerships, etc. There was not enough time to see and absorb the dances. I hope tonight is not simply a bunch of group dances or boring guest people.
    For me, the highlight of the finale is the reprise of the best routines from the season, and the return of the Top 20 to do their best stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3770050;
    For me, the highlight of the finale is the reprise of the best routines from the season, and the return of the Top 20 to do their best stuff.
    And I'm hoping and praying that we get to finally see Ashleigh and Russel do the bollywood routine together.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fan

I just watched my videotape from last night, and I'm going to post my thoughts before reading this thread influences them:

The Dances/Dancers:

9 dances, and I thought every one of them was good. That's an accomplishment. If I had to pick a least favorite, it would be Ryan/Ellenore. But their dancing was good, I just didn't like the dance. I'm not sure that I could pick a favorite dance (although it's obvious what the judges and audience liked best) but I will say that Ryan/Ashleigh's dance made me cry.

Russell and Ashleigh are my favorites. I think Russell is the most deserving of the win. I like everything about him - his personality, his versatility, and his growth as a dancer. And I LOVE me some Russell doing hip-hop! I know Ashleigh can't win, but I think her growth has been phenomenal. There hasn't been a dance of hers all season that I haven't liked. And the emotion between her and Ryan in their dance (especially compared to her fakeness in the audition) was simply incredible. Jakob is probably the best overall dancer, and I'll be happy if he wins. I just can't get excited about Kathryn for some reason.

Random Stuff:

Nigel sucks. I don't want to know who his favorite dancer is, thank you very much. Tell me your favorite dance of the night, why one dancer did something better than another, but not your favorite. His comments about Ashleigh and Ryan being there out of sympathy and about Ashleigh's chemistry with Jakob being better than with Ryan were both wildly inappropriate, imo. He'll be lucky if Ryan doesn't kick his British ass.

I know Jakob and Kathryn were great in their dance. But does anyone wonder how it happened that the two favorites got a dance in their own style with great choreography and spectacular music? Convenient. Ryan and Ashleigh didn't get a ballroom number.

1 hour for the dancing and 2 for the results? WTF? I don't want to listen to Adam Lambert and JLo - I want dancing.

I'm so done with some of the choreographers. I never want to see Jakob do another leap. How many dances did he have this season where he DIDN'T do that leap? They have made start to dislike Jakob, which I know isn't fair. It's one thing to work with your dancers' strengths, another to throw the same move into every dance just to show how well he does it. And stop showcasing one dancer over another. That happened in a couple of Jakob's dances last night, but the worst was the Ashleigh/Russell dance. I love Russell, but come on, give the girl something to do! And did that dance remind anyone else of Melissa/Ade dancing together? Especially with Ashleigh's outfit, which was very similar to something Melissa wore once?

FORT Fogey

I think Jakob is Peter Pan - dress him in green head to toe. Looks just like him.

I missed watching them do their final solos....Last years final solos were amazing

That and I wanted Ryan/Ashley get to do a latin dance together.

FORT Newbie

I am tired of the whole Ryan and Ashleigh show already. Ryan is lucky to still be alive and if it wasn't for the open shirt and skin dances that he does he would have been gone long ago. I am tired of the pity votes that the both are getting but especially Ashleigh. I am just totally annoyed by her but by most comments it appears I am in the small minority. Maybe Ashleigh should have just faked her injury this week and not danced again which would have been a sure way to win the competition, that way she could have Ryan cry votes for her. The Ryan and Ashleigh dance was actually quite pathetic. They could have just sat on the floor and cried at each other for 3 minutes and they would still pick up tons of votes. That is practically what they did anyway. They barely even danced. Why is it that they are getting favoritism becaue they are married, injured or whatever other non dance related reason they are still in the competition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213