+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 12/15 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 1 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

PSP

Re: 12/15 - Show Discussion - FINALE (part 1 of 2) - **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3769692;
    If the school Russell attended is similar to the Orange County School of Arts, then it is not just a public high school ... it is a public school because it obtains public funds, but it's definately a school for the arts, with dance/singing/music, etc., as the core curriculum, with academics to meet the state requirements. Very much like Otis Parsons for fine art.
    I was discussing this with one of my former soccer players who is now a sophomore at OSHA - and an excellent student. Apparently the arts and performance classes are treated more like sports in tradional high schools - they are after each student has completed their normal classes. She is in honors and/or AP classes and then has 3 performance classes. It makes for a very long day.

Do you attend OSHA? Apparently Nathan did - graduated last June

FORT Fogey

I think Kathryn is heads above Jeanine. Jeanine was more like Mollee to me - she didn't have the maturity or something to have the same kind of chemistry as Kathryn does with her partners. Just my opinion - sorry, I didn't read these boards last season, so I'm sure to be tarred and feathered for my comments....

The judged said last week that Kathryn was peaking at just the right time, but they had actually given her very high praise all season, and her performances have been virtually flawless and stunning all along. I think maybe they were just so caught up in some of the "new" and "different" of the season (Ellenore and Mollee) that she wasn't standing out in that way.

FORT Fogey

One more comment from me, then I'll hush. I LOVE Adam, but I liked it when they had guest or alternating judges because you got a different perspective from time to time. Maybe they can keep Adam as a regular and add a fourth seat every now and then (but please, Nigel, don't beg Paula Abdul - if she shows up, I will have to stop watching!).

Quote Originally Posted by PSP;3769720;
    I was discussing this with one of my former soccer players who is now a sophomore at OSHA - and an excellent student. Apparently the arts and performance classes are treated more like sports in tradional high schools - they are after each student has completed their normal classes. She is in honors and/or AP classes and then has 3 performance classes. It makes for a very long day.

Do you attend OSHA? Apparently Nathan did - graduated last June

The majority of my friends older kids attend OSHA ... their younger children attend the school my children attend, which is an arts based K-8. My niece attended Otis Parsons, and although she did obtain her BA, fine arts was definitely the priority discipline.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3769727;
    ... please, Nigel, don't beg Paula Abdul - if she shows up, I will have to stop watching...
    I forgot about that! Paula never did show up, did she? Her loss. It's not like she has people beating down her doors with offers.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3769699;
    What do you mean? I know from an earlier episode that Jakob and Jeanine are friends, but what do you mean about the creators?
    SYTYCDism is a web site for discussing the show. When I first read that post, I thought it said that Jeanine was friends with the creators of the show. LOL
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3769710;

Ashleigh - Ashleigh didn't have a good night, comparatively speaking. Her best number by far was the emotional Travis Contemporary routine with her husband. But I think people will see that more as an emotional performance than a dance performance. If you are already a fan you will vote for her, but I don't think she won a lot of new fans tonight.
    hmm... Her foxtrot was good, she's actually better than Jakob... and so did her Lyrical Jazz. Just that Russell kinda outshone her from MANY point of view, but she was actually good when you focus on her, like what I did. The lines are fantastic. Gah! Now I really wanna see the Hip Hop number she never got to perform. Ashleigh and Russell partnership was good.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=I'm MEL;3769724;]I think Kathryn is heads above Jeanine. Jeanine was more like Mollee to me - she didn't have the maturity or something to have the same kind of chemistry as Kathryn does with her partners. QUOTE]

Okay, sorry to lamely quote myself, but the qualities I was looking for are grace and elegance.

Hmm, guess that comment earlier WASN'T my last one after all!

Only An Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3769634;
    Okay...what is wrong with me? I didn't care for it. I wasn't moved by it. I guess I'm getting sick of Jakob leaping all over the place and having these "made for him" dance solos when he has a partner. Kathryn...was a prop. He's a great dancer but I was bored watching them. ((Shrug))

I felt/feel the same way. It was really really good, but it wasn't all what everyone hyped it to be. I was excited when I read the spoilers how everyone was crying and standing ovation, but it wasn't "WoW!" or "OMG!" or .

I think someone wrote that there wasn't really a dancer that truly stood out from the rest, I think they are right. We'll see who is America's FAVORITE dancer is tomorrow. I hope the winner is someone who everyone thought wasn't going to win. That would be a great way to end this season.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3769710;
    Kathryn - I hope Kathryn is sending Noelle a big bunch of flowers tonight, because Noelle's elimination is the best thing that could have happened to Kathryn. The two of them were so alike, they devalued each other. It made Kathryn's talent seem like it was common. Like colliding galaxys, one had to absorb the other. Now, away from Noelle and Legacy, we can see and appreciate Kathryn on her own. And she was breathtaking in the Richardson / Rhoden Contemporary number with Jakob tonight. They fit together perfectly - I wish they could have been paired together earlier. Kathryn reminded me of Jeanine in that routine, very earthy and grounded - adjectives not usually associated with her performances..
    Gads, I SO disagree with you and the others who couldn't distinguish between Kathryn and Noelle, or who couldn't see anything in her until Noelle left.

Noelle was so bland to me. The only number in which she really stood out was the Afro-Jazz. And sorry, but I think ANYONE would have, that was such an unusual and memorable number.

Kathryn has been a standout for me from her first performance with Legacy. And I TOTALLY did NOT go into the performances in any way having a preconceived favoritism for her. She just kinda surprised me and stood out.

The only real misstep I saw from her was the broadway number (trying to get Legacy's attention, both dressed in 50's styles...). I did think she was a bit blah there.

Shrug. I really have NOT been understanding how she and Noelle have been blurred for everyone else. Seriously.

+ Reply to Thread